Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services branding branding branding  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 110 reviews
on April 9, 2009
The AAA 73 Piece Adventurer Road Assistance Kit is okay, but could be much better.

Seventy-three pieces sounds like a great deal or bargain; however, keep in mind that one alcohol prep or small pamphlet is counted within that number. In addition, the accompanying hand-tools (e.g. screw driver, pliers) are of very low quality.

Overall, the kit is recommended, but users may consider supplementing the hand tools for better brands, such as Craftsman or Stanley, and adding other useful materials, such as air foam to fill tires, ice scraper (if one lives in cold climates), and much more.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2008
this pack has a lot of great stuff, including jumper cables and an electric air compressor (would have never thought to buy one but now that i have it i feel much better) The triangle is heavy which is good for windy weather, and the wind-up flashlight is useful. The poncho and first-aid kit is a great extra. when i first got it i took everything out and played around with the different pieces and then was able to repack the bag to get it to zipper up easily (unlike maps where once you open you cant fold it again). The bag stays in my trunk at all times and feel that when i travel i will be safe for most situations.
on May 1, 2014
Bought this for my nephew that purchased his first car. Wanted him to be safe and the Road kit is great and has everything you would need in it.
on October 18, 2009
this kit is overpriced - there's a heavier/bigger kit at CostCo for $29.99 as of 10/17/09
22 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2012
The first time I needed to use an item from this kit it let me down. I had a slow leak in a tire, and discovered it while hundreds of miles from home. This kit has an air compressor -- no problem right? Well the part that clamps on to the valve stem broke off in my hand before I even had the compressor out of my trunk. I've since replaced many of the components of this kit with separately purchased items. I'd have been better off just using the description of the kit as a packing list to build my own.
on December 14, 2008
A great value for the money. Comes with everything mentioned in the description above and is contained quite nicely and conveniently in the double sided/zippered bag. The contents are arranged nicely inside. The only thing it didn't come with was a glass breaking/seat belt cutting tool. The next AAA kit up comes with one, but you can get the tool cheaper than paying the price it costs to upgrade the kit.
I bought two of these; one for my car and one for my husbands. Actually, he cut his finger pretty bad the other day so we got in the first aid part of the kit and used a band-aid!!
on August 18, 2011
What a piece of JUNK!
I got this last year, and checked everything out when it arrived, averting thing seemed okay, and I assumed that it would be in working order. Boy was I wrong.
Last week we had a terrible rain storm and I got a flat tire, so I tried to use the air pump to fill up my tire so I could get to a service station. What a waste of money. As soon as I plug it into my cigarette lighter not only did it not work, but it burned my cigarette lighter out!
So in summation
a)I was stranded alone at night on the side of the road in a torrential down pour
b)Could not get to a service station to get my tire fixed
c)Had to call for road side assistance
d)It broke my car
e)It would cost me even more money to return it than the cost of the item; not to mention the cost of the road side assistance, and to repair my cigarette lighter, and the cost of a new air pump to replace the "new" air pump that I purchased.

In my book this deserves 0 stars... minus one for each of the above.
I purchased this thinking that it would provide me with some security and saftey on the road, and it seems to have done the completed opposite of what I purchased this for.
1111 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2014
This unit has everything, well almost that you would ever need. Life happens and this kit covers most. Without it you are stranded. With it and a bit of knowledge, you can get moving without much delay. The jumper cables are as heavy as normal battery cables, and work well. The pump is a compact unit similar to the larger ones we used to carry with us. Just remember it will take about 12 to 15 minutes to pump up a flat, or air up that now dead spare in your trunk.

DO NOT use flat fixers with the new air pressure monitors which cars and light trucks come with today. You will blow the sensors out and make a mess. Also tire shops hate the stuff when they have to change out the tire. Change the tire yourself, if your spare is flat, the pump will take care of that.

A few added items by us - an 8 inch adjustable wrench. 8 inch water pump pliers, 6 Orion 20 minute flares in a bag which the triangle came in. The triangle was moved to the front side - top. Nothing stops or slows down traffic like a burning flare. Battery terminal cleaner, when your battery terminals are dirty and corroded, they won't conduct. just cleaning them will fix the problem. ALSO have a "keep alive" 9 volt unit to plug into your power point to keep the memory of the computer driven systems working. A set of fuses and a fuse puller. This in addition to the kit makes it complete.

This is the one you want if you are in any way "handy" and want to get yourself going when life happens, and trust me it will.

Mark B. Fridl
on March 15, 2010
i bought it for my son and within 2 weeks has used the cables twice.. great items... very useful
on February 13, 2013
I was surprised that a very important tool is missing. To complete the need for emergency tools I purchased separatelt a tite pressure gage. The built in one on the air compressor is totally tnadequate

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question