Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Garth Brooks Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 23, 2012
This is one of the most enjoyable dance games for the WII that I own. The music is fun and the dancers are more realistic. It's easy to follow the movements and I've gotten a great workout from it. I enjoy the dance workouts because the time goes by quickly and I have fun while working out. It's fun for the entire family. One thing I really like about this dance game is that it doesn't have extreme moves, but easily involves your entire body. I think with some of the dance workouts for the WII, the footwork is so complicated that people just move the controller instead of using the entire body.
on January 27, 2012
I wasn't certain about buying this game, as the reviews were so-so. But, I'm older, and not in the best condition. After an unhappy visit with the doctor I decided to change my slothful ways & give it a go. ABBA is like The Carpenters...even if you don't like them that much it's amazing how many of their songs you actually know. It's perfect for me. Easy moves, still got my heart rate up, following the model is an interesting exercise in hand/eye coordination. I imagine you get better as you learn the moves. I like that I didn't have to go out into the cold to do it, nobody else was here to see what I look like when I dance except for the cat who took refuge under the chair. She probably thought I was having a seizure or something. I enjoyed it. I can't really do the yoga bits on Wii fit & I find the cardio stuff kind of boring. So, this is something to put into the mix. If you're looking for a way to ease into exercise you'll do OK with this one.
I was eager to play ABBA Dance for the Wii. Love, love LOVE ABBA, but found this game disappointing. Perhaps my expectations were too high? I don't think so, but I'm willing to say 'maybe'. Each player will have their issues with different games. These are mine with this one.

Did I want more songs? Yes. There is a limited offering on this Wii game. Far less than the usual 'Dance' themed Wii games like: Just Dance 3 and Just Dance. I paid almost forty dollars, and really should have considered the offerings more closely before purchasing. I probably would have still purchased the game, but at a lower price point.

Did I hope for better graphics? Yes. The game that comes to mind is Wii The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only in which the graphics resemble the boys in the band. I love that! I was hoping for that with this one, where you'd actually see characterizations of the members of ABBA, but instead you see faceless dancers.

Like most 'Dance' games you choose your character and follow along. This one has the words of the songs played below the dancers so you can sing along if you don't already know the words. Some of the songs are rather slow, making dancing along easier, but scoring gets a bit tougher.

Overall, the feel of the game is less 'ABBA' and less Wii Dance, and more like a quickly thrown together production to pull-in ABBA lovers. It worked - I bought it, but if given the chance again, knowing what I know, I'd pass until it went to half-off or more.
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 1, 2012
Not only can you dance and have fun but you can also do karoke and be the singing Star. My wife loves to here me sing to her and now I can even get all the words right. Abba rules. I just hope more groups come out in this format from the 70's and 80's. I use this on my Wii with a couple of the guitar heroes mics and there is no stopping me no matter how embarrassing it is, I can't help my self.
on May 29, 2012
I purchased this game for myself (34years old) and my daughter (11) and one for my mom for mother's day (61). My mom remembers the songs from when she was a young parent, I remember the songs from when I was a little kid, and my daughter (with the comeback of MommaMia) knows some of the songs from commercials/adds. We all love the game and even the songs that my daughter and I did not know turned out to be fun!!!. I love the high positive energy. I have Just Dance, Dance Country, Just Dance 2, Just Dance Summer, and Just Dance 3. I am a Just Dance Nut but I find that since I like the games for exercise and my daughter's sleepovers that we like the fast or peppy songs best. The other Just Dance games always have a lot of slow songs that we tend to skip over. Just Dance ABBA is almost all fast or peppy songs and we love them all. Only negative (which I did not score the game down for because it is just an adjustment to get used to) is that the dance icons that show you what moves are coming up are on the side of the screen and not across the bottom (since there are so many group dances) and it is a little different after getting used to Just Dance where they scroll accross the bottome! Other than that A+++
on May 31, 2017
Lots of fun and sweat for the whole family. Love the abba songs!
on January 2, 2012
We got this for Christmas and it is so much fun! It is similar to the Just Dance series of games and is very easy to use right away, but you have plenty of scope for improvement. The songs are the original soundtracks and they make it really entertaining. I find it hard to sit still when one of these great ABBA hits comes on the radio; now instead of tapping my feet, I can jump up and get some exercise. If you liked the musical or the movie Mamma Mia, try this. It is going to help this mamma keep my New Year resolution to exercise more.
on November 30, 2017
as expected
on March 9, 2012
I have some Just Dance games as well as Karoake Revolution and enjoy them all. I am a HUGE ABBA fan, so when I saw this game I purchased without hesitation or a second thought. I received the game today and was playing within 10 min. All that being said; I was disappointed.

I was hoping this was going to be a combination of the Just Dance and Karoake games only using ABBA songs. It kinda is, but falls short.

JUST DANCE
It has a great variety of popular ABBA songs that you can dance to. But that is it. You can not do any of the other options on the Just Dance games (my fav is the Just Sweat option- not on here). You pick a song, select which person you want to be, and dance. For some reason, on multiple player songs the prompts for the next dance moves do not always appear. I know this doesn't happen on my other games. Also, as others have mentioned, the scoring for the movements isn't nearly as accurate as other Just Dance games. Some moves I missed and it said perfect; other moves I know I did perfectly (as they are in other games and I register perfect for those) and it showed me a red X that I didn't even do them.

Dance Song choices: Angeleyes, As Good as New, Dancing Queen (prom night), Dancing Queen (dance floor), Fernando, Gimme Gimme Gimme, Head Over Heels, I'm a Marionette, If It Wasn't For The Nights, Knowing Me Knowing You, Lay All Your Love On Me, Mamma Mia, Money Money Money, SOS, Summer Night City, Super Trouper, Take A Chance on Me, The Winner Takes It All, Voulez-Vous, Waterloo, When I Kissed the Teacher.

Dance Songs/Mini-Musical Songs: Hole In Your Soul, I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do, Does Your Mother Know, Honey Honey, Bang-A-Boomerang, People Need Love

MINI-MUSICAL
There is a mini-musical option where you pick a person and dance and/or sing along as a character in a musical (NOT the Mamma Mia musical). This is basically the same as the dance portion but with a different background and pre picked songs.

KAROAKE
This is NOT like the Karoake games and is NOT a game as far as scoring, head to head challenges, etc. This is basic Karoake like at a bar. A music video plays with the words scrolling across the screen and you can sing along. There is no scoring and no bar to show you how well (or poorly as is my case) you are doing. Since it is basic karoake to a video, you can not adjust the volume for the singers in the video. You can max your output mic volume, but even at 100, I couldn't really hear my voice with the video (but this may be a good thing). As also mentioned in other reviews- this game does NOT come with the microphone. However, for those who have purchase Karoake games, there is usually an option to buy the game with or without microphone so you are not paying extra for something you do not need as you own one from other games. Since this game is marketed mainly as a Dance game, I can see why the microphone is not included. Plus, since there is no scoring or evaluation of your vocals, do you really need the microphone? Singing along out loud w/no microphone would have the same effect.

Karoake Songs (videos): Dancing Queen, Does Your Mother Know, Fernando, Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight), Head Over Heels, Knowing Me Knowing You, Mamma Mia, Money Money Money, SOS, Summer Night City, Super Trouper, Take a Chance on Me, The Winner Takes it All, Voulez-Vous, Waterloo

OVERALL
Overall, since I am an ABBA fan, I like the game. Its fun to dance and sing along to ABBA songs and watch a bunch of actual ABBA videos; plus it was under $30. Evaluated as a Just Dance game- subpar. Unable to evaluate as a Karoake game because that part is not a game. I wish this would have been what I thought it was- an actual full out Just Dance game only to all ABBA songs. Would have been MUCH MUCH better. I'm guessing this was a quick and easy way for the company to make money as people like me will buy it because ABBA is slapped on it.

So, if you are a big ABBA fan and want it just to have, I'd buy it. If you are looking for an actual Just Dance game- don't. You'll be better off buying one of the others.
on March 6, 2017
love abba and love to dance to it. Great
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.