Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ABC 3-D Tumbling Blocks... and More! Paperback – April 7, 2015
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Recognized internationally for her expertise in quilting, Marci Baker enjoys sharing ideas that simplify the process of quilting. Enthusiasm and inspiration for quilting can be seen throughout her lectures, workshops, and books. She has been featured in Redbook, on Home and Garden TV’s Simply Quilts, Quilters’ News Network, NBC’s The Jane Pauley Show, and has been published in American Quilter Magazine and Traditional Quiltworks. Marci spends much of the year traveling and teaching classes for quilting guilds and trade shows.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
2. Detailed cutting instructions at front of book with diagrams to make shapes, thus each pattern is concise with instructions in using the shapes to create the quilt only. Clear fabric cutting table and construction diagram, with directions for one size only.
3. Some will lend themselves to scrap fabrics, whereas others are enhanced with a more formal apporach to colour, value and shades.
4. There are no set-in seams and the methods are much easier than past construction techniques.
5. A good book for the quilter looking for inspiration and something different, especially with a 3D effect.
6. I may not have bought the book if I'd realised I would need a special tool to follow the instructions and this needs to be clearly indicated at point of sale.
This is definately not a beginners book. You have to know how to piece and measure as well as how to actually construct a quilt.I know that much. My skills were lacking in working with fabric cut on the bias. My skills were not quite up to this. You have to flip back and forth in the book to find out how to cut out the pieces. The drawings are not to scale, nor does she give you accurate information on the amount of fabric you need for some of the projects. It would help that along with drawings she would have photos of the cut pieces before they were sewed.
I am not adverse to a challenge, but she really needs to emphasize that this is too difficult for intermediate quilters unless they have done lots of "triangle" work.
She needs to have step by step instructions located right with each pattern. The quilts don't seem to go from easy to hard. They are difficult and more difficult but not with a clear progression.
The only reason I am giving this a 3 star is I made a vague approximation of the baby block quilt top. I gave up trying the border she described and did my own simpler one. I am not sure that I will actually spend the effort to finish it as a quilt as I was disappointed with the results.