Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on June 17, 2014
Seem to work well in my 94 Jeep grand Cherokee replacing the front door lock actuators,, a pain to do regardless.but they are strong.
on August 6, 2013
I purchased this to replaced the one in my van and it is a good replacement item it works just fine.
on June 16, 2011
This product it very good. No problems on installing it. But make sure you have enough space between the door lock and the door panel. Take your time and make measurements! Trust me if you do it, it will be well worth it. Also you might wanna buy an extra one just to have a back up. By the way, if any of you need the wiring diagram using relays please ask me. No charge: hit me up via email on r.roger37@yahoo.com I will respond promise.
on April 4, 2011
Really good power lock kit for the money! Comes with all parts and linkages to hook up to existing rods. Seems to push and pull with plenty of strength. Will buy again for the next project.
on September 17, 2016
The power door lock worked perfect for the back door of my Chevy 2009 Impala it was easy to install. I did not have ample room in the driver side front door to install the device. I am going to give it a go again by placing the device inside the door panel which will be a more difficult install. The back door only took 15 minutes to install. So for the $4.95 price tag a great kit....
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2016
Works perfectly as a replacement for the original power door lock motor in a 1986 F250. This was fairly easy to install, I only needed two screws to hold it to the inside of the door and with a couple of creative bends the actuator rod clamped right on to the manual lock/unlock rod.

I was curious to see how strong it was since the locks were old and rather stiff but it's got plenty of power and travel and can lock and unlock the door easily.
on October 17, 2013
I installed this yesterday on my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It works fantastic and I would highly recommend this if you can't easily obtain a "Factory-new" reasonably-priced electric door lock actuator.

I just found a spot to mount it where it wouldn't interfere with the operation of the window, drilled two holes in the door to mount the brass mounting bar, attached the actuator bar to the door lock bar, cut and attached the two power cables to the original lock and connected them to this alternative actuator and it worked with a very good and strong opening and closing movement!

I am thoroughly pleased and will buy more if any of the other 3 door lock actuators wear out and need replacing. I took several pictures so I can repeat the process on other doors if necessary. I downloaded photos and videos of how to do this on the web for my car which helped me underestand that this extremely economical alternative exists for fixing a worn out door lock actuator.

The most difficult part was the initial diagnosis of taking the defective door lock out and analyzing it to see if it could be repaired. That was a waste of many hours of work. I would recommend just buying this device and installing it as it is so straightforward.

I should add that no instructions are included. But it is fairly straight forward. If you initially hookup the wires in reverse you will lock this door while unlocking all the others and visa versa. So then you just switch the positions of the two wires and you are done!
on March 9, 2014
Dirt cheap so not going to complain much but I don't drive all that much and took care to install it as straight (less force) as possible. Trying the $15 one that bills itself as stronger. When I got this I was surprised such a fragile thing could work but it did work flawlessly while it functioned.

Original comments:
Had it for a couple months in 2004 Scion Xb, driver's door, no problems yet. I followed advice online and did not remove the old actuator, just spliced this in.
on April 4, 2014
Though documentation was only adequate and it took some time to install and configure properly, it is a good working product. I burned an actuator up right after install due to confusing documentation. I was able to buy another cheaply and replace it. Product is working properly in my 66 impala.
on October 28, 2012
Put these in my '92 miata, and they seem to work very well. I do have to (minor) complaints; the steel strap it comes with is a little too soft for my liking. It only came with one speed-nut for mounting to the sheet metal and you need two. I ordered 3 of these and all of them only had the single speed-nut with them. Make sure to get a couple of those before you begin the installation. the actuator is good and strong though, no complaints about that.