Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 21-30 of 321 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 332 reviews
on August 15, 2013
I installed a set of 8 ACCEL coils into my 2005 Ford F-150 with 5.4L V-8 motor and 72,000 miles. I did the coils at the same time as renewing the spark plugs, mainly because of the labor savings. The ACCEL coils fit as good as the OEM ones. Between the new spark plugs and the coils, the engine does feel smoother at idle, and seems to be more responsive at acceleration. ACCEL uses high quality materials that should stay within spec longer, and has experience in developing high performance products. And, more importantly, ACCEL has quality controls to match the electrical characteristics requirements with precision and consistency -- which is the key to a good coil. Since any gain in horsepower is the same as a gain in mileage, and with the high price of gasoline, then it makes sense to invest in this small upgrade. It is also good to look at those yellow coil packs on the engine.
on March 10, 2017
One of the cols failed after 1.5 years but less than 20k miles. Give that the factory sett was still running 11 years and 200k miles later, this is disappointing. And to make it worse, it failed when I was away from home, so I had to buy a new coil, instead of putting back one of the original ones that are still working.
on March 21, 2013
I was a bit skeptical when I purchased these for my 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT. I had read some reviews that said they had problems and there were blogs that said the OEM were superior. The 10% discount provided to me helped me make up my mind, so I went for it.
Getting the coils out were easy, the plugs were a different matter. Just take you time, do not force it and use some PB blaster or other penetrating fluid to help release the spark plugs from the block. Patience helped them all come out in one piece. Installation was a breeze. Then the decisive moment when I went to start her up (her name is Emily). She roared to life and I could easily tell that she was revving on all 8 cylinders. It sounded sweeter with the new plugs and coils. (Plugs were E3)
I am taking her to a track day next week, so that will be the true test. If there are any problems, I will follow up this review.
Glad I went through with the purchase.
on April 15, 2014
I had a couple of the OEM COPS go bad over the last couple of years. I also had put off the dreaded job of changing the spark plugs for as long as I dared. After another COP going bad but not setting a code I had no way of telling which one it was. It was then that i decided it was time to do it all. At 105k miles I did the swap. All these COPS worked great. I can't really tell any performance difference over the OEM when they were all running fine. However the mileage has been better. We haven't gone on any real trips to put the true test to it, but just around town we are getting 1 to 3 mpg better than we had and we all know the quality of gas isn't getting better so that isn't the cause.
on August 9, 2015
just installed these coils before towing a 8900 lb. fifth wheel through the mountains of New England
the supercoils worked great, gone are the skipping and hopping of the motor under acceleration or heavy loads
they seem to give better throttle response off idle and midrange rpms.
I can't say I got any better gas mileage, but you don't get good mileage anyway when you tow that heavy.
I don't think there was much of a horsepower increase either just the motor felt much smoother with better response
on January 2, 2016
While doing a spark plug replacement, I bought these to replace some suspect stock coils. The issue I was trying to address was a stutter/miss within a specific RPM range (1300-1800 RPM) during acceleration. Wasn't fuel or air, so the only thing left was spark. After putting these in, my truck's engine ran better than new! After further research, I discovered a Ford service bulletin about their COP packs so I guess my truck was one of the affected ones.
on December 21, 2015
I have had them in my 180k mile Expedition now for about a month. I changed the plugs with OEM at the same time. Yes, HUGE difference. I have added 1.5 MPG. There is clearly more power and response from the engine. Also, it seems as if valve float has stopped. I am running 89 octane though.

I am having fun trying to see how long this truck can go and adding after market parts. This part made a clear difference in performance in economy.
on May 2, 2017
Great product, installed in a 2007 F150 XL. Have had increase in fuel economy, 1-2 mpg, and a revived engine. Easy to install.
on October 25, 2016
These coils worked great. For two weeks. Then two failed,one after another. I have ordered another brand and in the meantime the truck is down. I have used the Accel brand before, but this is so disappointing!
on May 2, 2017
some tabs were broken on a couple coils but they seamed to funtion as they should