- File Size: 374 KB
- Print Length: 69 pages
- Publisher: Dawn Treader Press (September 13, 2013)
- Publication Date: September 13, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0047DW9OG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#16,569 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #37 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Horror
- #78 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Mystery & Suspense
- #91 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Psychological
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
Save $2.99 (100%)
THE ACCIDENTAL EXORCIST Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 69 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
"The Defenders" digital comics
Read the hit comics and graphic novels that inspired the TV series. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I really disliked the shear magnitude of book samples included at the end of such a short book. One is sufficient and customary, two going on more feels a bit overwhelming and causes the reader to lose interest.
Imagine being a psychiatrist with a patient that, less than 5 minutes after seeing her, shows something entirely else besides her... "normal" self.
Yeah, at first, I thought it was far too quick a beginning to have the supernatural horror happening. Less than 3 pages into it, in fact. Regardless, things get a bit more odd when she e-mails several past colleagues on their thoughts on exorcism. 3 of them decry her on her professionalism, cracking rude jokes about her idea, yet one wants to talk to her in person. Ironically, that one person doesn't even have faith of any sort, yet tells her she should have conviction in what she wants to do, regardless of his lack of belief.
Well, while on vacation, tragedy strikes and said psychiatrist has to (extremely reluctantly) skip the rest of the vacation to see what's going on.
What happens from there is a crazy climax that delves deep into psychological horror.
Quick story, quick time for themes, and a bit too quick of a beginning for my taste, this was nonetheless a pretty fun ride for this horror fan.
Wow! Really unexpected--my first reading of Joshua Graham, and riveting. A forensic psychiatrist interviews a mother who suffocated her three children. Much more than the psychiatrist, a lapsed childhood Catholic, expected, confronts her. At the risk of losing peer respect, she begins to Investigate the paranormal, with astonishing consequences.
Abby is a scientist and, since she's in a Christian story, she's on a collision path with events destined to show her that science can't explain everything, blah blah blah blah. Of course, her closed-minded peers can't handle this, so she is ridiculed by everyone except for her kindly professor. Eventually she has a chance to be a true hero of faith and so on. It's the plot of a thousand different Christian stories. This one has some mild frights and gore with demon possession, but even those elements felt warmed over.
Even if you're seeking reading material to validate your Christian worldview, there are better stories out there.
When you first meet Abigail, A forensic psychologist, she is interviewing a woman named Cheryl, who is accused of killing her 3 children in cold blood. It is Abigail's job to determine if Cheryl is legally insane or not and testify for the prosecutor at Cheryl's trial. Abigail's first encounter with Cheryl at the jail facility nearly turns deadly when Cheryl exhibits signs of demon possession and goes after Abigail before she is rescued by one of the guards.
When Cheryl is found not guilty in court, and released, Abigail is once again forced to meet with her face to face in a battle so climatic, you won't ever sleep in the dark again.
This is one story that will make you re-think your positions about demon possession and exorcism, and how it plays into our society as a whole.
Before you read anything else this year, make sure this one is next on your list !
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Mystery & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Psychological Thrillers
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Mystery & Suspense