Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 29, 2012
After doing some research on a Colorado blog, I purchased this for $14.95, VS. $110.00 for the same part minus the hose. As suggested on the blog, I covered the old hose with a rag and used a pliers to crush the old output nipple. I then attached the hose to the new part by putting a little spray silicone on the new nipple with a rag, then gingerly pressing the old hose onto the new part. It fixed my trouble code.My Colorado is a 2006 LT 3.5L, 5 cyl engine.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on February 11, 2013
This part fixed me P0449 check engine light error code.
This is the exact same piece (number on lid), minus the hose.
Dealership and other places want over $120 for the piece with hose attachment.
Do not fall for that!!...Go to the hardware store and buy a piece of tubing and clamps to replace the hose.
I had trouble getting the original hose off with heat gun and broke it and had to run to the hardware store.

This was a super quick, easy fix for $20 vs $120+!!!

AWESOME!!
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on August 23, 2014
Exact replacement part for 2005 Chevy Uplander. I discovered this was the cause of my check engine light coming on with code po449. After extensive research and ruling out a faulty gas cap, which many people replace unnecessarily, I narrowed down the problem to this part. Next I was able to find its location, unfortunately it is on top of the fuel tank. Altogether I was to remove it without too much difficulty by jacking up one side of the van and only partially lowering the fuel tank. I made sure it was near empty prior to doing the replacement. One thing you must also purchase with it is ACDelco 19257603 GM Original Equipment Evaporative Emissions Canister Vent Valve Solenoid Jumper Wiring Harness. Factory plug does not match the new sensor but the adapter works great. Now installed the check engine light is gone and I likely saved my family a few hundred dollars in parts and labor. Now I can get the annual inspection.
My next nuisance I am researching, and just ordered a part to attempt a fix, is the flickering headlight and power output to electronics. I recently replaced the battery, which I now believe was caused by the faulty voltage regulator. Research shows that when people go to the mechanic they end up replacing the entire alternator, with no change in the problem. A TSB was apparently issued back in 07' but was closed. Maybe there have not been enough vehicle wrecks for headlights going out while night driving. In the last report it stated a replacement of the voltage regulator was required.
on December 16, 2012
I spent 17.00 on a code reader, bought this part and a new gas cap for my 2006 Chevy Impala that suffered what most do at plus 60k miles when your engine light comes on and your cars computer keeps stating to check your loose gas cap. Reading on the code reader showed a large vacuum leak and sure enough just replacing this part and the gas cap fixed the problem, shut off the engine light and runs great. I saw on Internet people have spent up to 1000.00 US Dollars trying to get this simple annoying problem fixed and there were over 1 million hits when I typed it in to research problem. If you got a GM with an engine light on and past 60k and a readout that keeps telling you your gas cap needs tightening then replace this part along with gas cap using OEM AC Delco parts and you will fix that annoying problem. My existing solenoid wire clip fastened perfectly into this purge control solenoid located right by gas filler up way under the rear quarter panel. One screw removal loosens bracket that holds this in place. Remove hose going to old unit and reattach to this one and reinsert into the bracket and put back into place and reinstall screw to hold whole unit in place. Along with a two second change of gas cap your "large or major vacuum system leak" that is reported to on board computer is fixed! And out goes engine service light.
on January 31, 2016
The functionality of the product was good (it solved the "Check Engine Light" problem), but it did have a problem with the connecting pipe. In my case the removal of the old pipe was almost totally impossible, so I had to cut it short, manage it to fit, and then seal, tape, and clamp it to hold. The price was good, the arrival date was a little factor, but I'm pleased with the device
on June 24, 2012
This product is not listed as 'fitting your vehicle' for a 2007 GMC Canyon BUT with a little effort it DOES. The part listed for the Canyon comes with a hose attached. Do some research and you'll find that THIS product is the EXACT canister purge valve that is attached to the hose on your Canyon for a lot less money. You will have to remove the hose from your unit and place it on this one. It is a little difficult to do. You want to make sure you don't damage the hose so be really careful if you use a heat gun. Someone said they used hot water. I soon found out the easiest way was to break off the nipple holding the hose then use needle-nose pliers and remove the plastic nipple. Crack it necessary. I couldn't get it to slide onto the new nipple easily but a little heat and some soap did the trick. Check the price and you find a BIG savings here.
My research indicates the AC Delco 214-2149 part which looks very similar to this part is for the GM Sierra / Silverado models as well as a list of others. This part fits the Canyon / Colorado models along with listed others.
on August 25, 2017
Replacement part for my '07 Chevy Colorado. Works great and is significantly cheaper than purchasing the recommended piece from a dealer.
on June 1, 2014
Super fast delivery, my 05 gmc canyon showed a p0449 code which was for a large leak and this along with the wiring harness 19257603 did the trick. I'm no mechanic and it was really easy to do about 30min my only tip is to not use a heat gone to remove the plastic line, use hot water and carefully remove it and then place it onto the new canister vent valve then very carefully on the lowest setting of your heat gun use it to ensure the house is sealed properly to your new canister. Product came with in days and even received a heads up from shiper about the wiring harness which I had previously ordered so thumbs up!
on November 19, 2017
Great product.
on April 21, 2016
Worked great for my 2007 Chevy Colorado. It's listed as being one for the hummer but they are the exact same thing...minus the price. The Colorado one is near 200 bucks and I read up on it and saw that this one was the same thing so I got it for like 25 bucks! Fixed my P0449 Evap code and my check engine light has been off for about a month now since I've done it! Very satisfied.