Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 305 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 332 reviews
on March 4, 2009
After looking through knives at a huge range of prices, I was somewhat apprehensive spending what little I did on this. I figured that since it has a flint, if nothing else, I'd have a way to start fires.

I wasn't disappointed. The knife is well-balanced, solid, and just the right size. I'll be using it for years to come in my treks into the woods.

It has a rope around the tang, so, if you're in an emergency, you have rope, and the flint sparks readily using the teeth at the top of the blade.

It's less comfortable than one with a more ergonomically designed handle, but I'd rather have the twine in a pinch.

It's a great knife for the money.
33 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2014
Sharpen it and wrap with your own paracord. Paracord wrapping is easy, and working with paracord is something everone buying one of these knives should practice anyway. The blade sharpens nicely and stays sharp better than expected. The price of this allows you to buy paracord and a sharpener, learn some skills, and get an overall better knife, customized by you, and you will be happier for it.

Only downsides that can't be easily fixed are the adequate but cheap sheath and that the handle is a bit too short for my hand.

Bonus, comes with a pretty decent flint for starting fires!
on March 15, 2010
I am very surprised about this knife, for the price i was thinking. "ah its a cool knife. probably not that great but whatever." definitely was caught off guard when it arrived. very slick, good balance. it has a twine grip which isn't as comfortable as anyone would want it to be, but it adds a great advantage in survival situations for whenever you need some rope. its quite intimidating as well as it is useful.

i would just recommend sharpening the blade more when you get it. not exactly the sharpest, but it'll get the job done if you don't sharpen it to your likings.
on December 14, 2011
I think this knife is great, for the price. Im sure there are more high quality knives, but probably not at this price. If youre just looking for a knife to take camping, or to keep under your bed for home protection, i think this knife will suit you well. It's nothing fancy, just a knife. The fire starter is great. Worked well with cotton balls. TIP: Put a little vasoline on your cotton balls, and they will burn FOREVER! YouTube it, its awesome! My son and I had 3 cotton balls with less than a teaspoon amount of vasoline on them, and they burned for nearly 10 minutes! Just 3 cotton balls! Anyways, for the price, i am very happy with this knife. NOTE: The box it comes in, is really cheap. All it says is "Made in China" and "Hunting Knife" with a pic of the knife. There is no brand, or manufacture's name on it, anywhere! If you saw the knife without the box, you would think it's more expensive, but when you see the box it comes in, you know it cant be that much. I only mention this because i got this knife as a gift for my brother, but changed my mind when i saw the cheap packaging. not a big deal, just an fyi.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2011
This knife would make a great back up. I use the knife for hacking down small saplings and doing the dirty work. I use my smaller, nicer knife for the more important stuff. The metal match works great once you have it grinned down right. the sheath is junk and is loose. For the price of this knife I would recommend this to anyone.
on February 26, 2016
Good for: splitting wood, peeling apples, stabbing/cutting pumpkins, starting fires, throwing, opening Amazon boxes and carrying on hikes. Get this knife now.
on May 16, 2015
We Purchased Several Different Styles Of These Cheap Knives. This is Our Favorite. The Sheath Can Be Modified. We Used Glue And plastic. Rewrapped The Handle. These Were Fun Little Projects.
on October 5, 2011
This has a good size to it, good weight. The cord handle gives a good grip. I do recommend that you sharpen it a bit more when you get it, its kinda dull.
on January 3, 2015
A non expensive well made knife
on May 7, 2010
This knife is excellent for its price, high quality steel. This has a full tang, and while the handle is only para cord it can easily be replaced with a custom wood handle dipped in tool dip. mine came sharp enough to cut a piece of paper cleanly. the flint sparked the first time i struck it on the back and was a wonderful addition to a nice knife. the one complaint I have is that while the sheath fits, and holds nicely on a belt, there is no hard plastic interior inside, just stitching and webbing . the sheath has a few good features, such as a pocket for the flint, and holds the knife in place tightly, i however would recommend lining it with wood, or plastic before going out with it. that being said if your looking for a good solid cheap knife order this.
review image