Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ACORN Men's Sheepskin Bootie Slipper
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on December 7, 2010
These are lush, warm, and comfortable. Nice the way the "flaps" turn up for greater ankle warmth. There is one major flaw, however: there's no sidewall to the bootie. The strip of leather that runs around the slipper above the sole is soft and gives no support to keep the foot over the sole. Consequently, with a little wear the whole slipper loosens up and it is more like wearing a sock; half the time your foot is sliding off the sole to one side or the other. Frustrating. I am retiring the pair I bought and have replaced them with a similar slipper by Eddie Bauer that does provide enough support to keep your foot on the sole. A huge improvement. The quality of the Acorns is high; one would hope they improve the design and then they will deserve 5 stars.
on January 9, 2013
I got these to replace a pair I have had for quite some time now.
First off they were too small.
Slipper says size 10, more like 9 ~ 9.5
I noticed that the box says "Sheepskin Bootie II".
Looks like when Acorn went to version '2' they cut out the leather backing on the top part that turns up over your ankles.
The backing now used is a quite thin white cloth.
It looks like it wouldn't last but a few months, at best, before tearing.
Too bad Acorn decided to trim (pun intended) costs by saving a few inches of leather.
on February 6, 2009
I used to be faithful to a single pair of slippers. They were a moccasin type slipper, also sheepskin, and I purchased a new pair every year, and sometimes two, because the sheepskin matted down and wore off, leaving bare leather.
This year, I decided to try these booties instead, and I will never go back. The footbed is nice and squishy, and the sheepskin has kept its loft. A bonus is the sole, which lets you go outside for the mail or whatever, without putting on shoes!
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2012
I purchased a pair of acorn slipper and they were not like the Acorn slippers I have purchased several times nor like the pair I was replacing. I believe they were knockoff's either that or Acorn has gotten extremely cheap. The slippers I received were not finished on the outside under the top sheepskin. If you rolled them up so your ankles were warm they looked like h__l.
I have pictures and I sent the pics of my current Acorn's along with the slippers back to Amazon, I doubt that I will ever hear anything.
Before purchasing email me (jerrylfinke@hotmail.com) and I send you the pics so you can see what you're getting.
on December 27, 2008
These are the most comfy slippers I have ever worn.I usally wear them without socks. They are very warm and soft without making my feet too warm. I wear them outside in rain and snow when I let my dog out and they stay dry. The outside leather is very soft. You can flip the cuffs up for extra warmth.
I bought my pair of Acorn Men's Sheepskin Slippers at a store where I could try them on before purchasing them. They were warm and snuggly. However, after I had worn them for a few days I noticed that they no longer provided enough support to keep my heels on top of the soles. Instead, when I walked around the house, my heels would slide off the soles and would push down on the side of the slipper. Soon there was a scuff mark on side of the slippers near the back (right next to where the little oval metal Acorn insignia is located). Before long a hole had developed, and I stopped wearing the slippers. I could see this happening (perhaps) if I was an extremely heavy person (which I'm not) or if these were a $20 pair of slippers. Given what they cost I was extremely disappointed. Thankfully, my daughter bought me a pair of UGG's for Christmas a little over a year ago. I've worn them ever since, and they're holding up really well. (In looking at some of the other reviews prior to writing mine I've noticed that the problem I've cited is a common complaint.)
on October 15, 2013
My header should have said it all.

I used to buy "WICKED GOOD" slippers from LLBEAN.

About 4 or 5 years ago, they outsourced their slippers to China. They became flimsy, and the soles became flat quickly. This is just my personal finding...

I loved the true shearling lining so I searched for something else... and that is when I found ACORN!!!!

Thank you for making my late fall/winter feet all happy, ACORN. I suspect I will have a 4th order with you all soon enough!

~ Richard.
on December 26, 2014
I've had cloth Acorn slippers that lasted me for years, and I was very sad when they wore out. Since then I've moved to Colorado, and I've never had a pair of slippers as good. In this climate, a warm pair of slippers is very important. My wife got me these sheepskin Acorns, and I love them! They are very warm, I haven't felt slippers this nice in a long time. The other thing I like about these is the care instructions are very easy, so I can keep these booties in great condition for a long time. The bottom of the bootie has a thin rubber sole, which is nice, in case you have to walk outside. I would confine your trips to just out to the porch or the garage, you don't want to go trekking through mud and snow. If you have to do that just change, it's worth it to keep them from wearing out from use they aren't designed for, and you want them to keep looking nice. If you want total warmth and comfort for your feet, then you want these booties.
on March 4, 2011
I'm wearing these booties right now as I'm writing this review, and boy are they comfy! They seem to have an air or gel pad in the sole that I found disconcerting at first, because the pad seemed higher in the middle than on the edges. Well, after using them a while, either they have broken in some or I have gotten used to them, because I don't notice that anymore. They remain, however, just as cushy and comfy as when new, and they are very warm. The sole seems very durable, and I can go outside to the mailbox without worrying about damaging or prematurely wearing out the soles. (I even wore them to the grocery store once!) I love them!
on November 17, 2013
We purchased this pair as a Christmas gift replacement for a pair of the same slippers that our daughters gave to my husband about 10 years ago. He has literally loved, and worn them, to death. The old pair of slippers finally developed some holes.