Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,143 reviews
on March 8, 2013
For me, these slippers are the perfect design, and I love them. Hopefully this review helps you decide if the design is right for you.

-- I can easily step into them without having to use my hands to put them on.
-- They stay on while I'm walking around--I never accidentally kick them off like most other slipper designs (my big pet peeve).
-- I can easily take them off, like you would with old moccasins or sneakers - just use your other foot to press down the heel edge while you step out of them. Easy.
-- They are super warm and soft and comfortable---just as warm as wool fleece. The footbed is very cushioned and comfortable.
-- They have durable rubber soles. I wear them outside for brief trips to the mailbox, trash bin, etc. Once I actually brought them with me skiing and changed into them at the bottom of the lift and walked home with my boots. That was awesome. :-)
-- They're very durable. I have had a pair for three years that I wear almost every day, and they're still just as warm and soft. The only fault I can find is that they stretched out a little and are a little looser on my feet now, but I still wear them just as much as my new pair.
-- I haven't had any problems with things "sticking" to them. I mean sure, grass or leaves will stick to them if I go traipse through the back yard on a rainy day, but they stick to my shoes too. We have two cats and haven't noticed that they attract cat hair more than any other object in the house does.

The only advice I can offer is to make sure you like the high-back design before you buy, because this is a relatively unusual shape. And if you like that, they're awesome. :-)
22 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2016
Update 8/31/2016: I have had these just over 5 months now. I wear them daily and they are still holding up great. No cracks, no tears, nothing if falling apart of off of them.

Update: 6/17/2016 After wearing these daily for almost 3 months (all day long. Not just at night) I actually am giving them 5 stars instead of the 4 I had given previously. They have broken in really well and my toes now have enough wiggle room. I have no tears or rubber sole damage. My home if mainly hardwood and tile. These really do help cushion my feet. I never had an issue with the cuff of the slipper rubbing my ankles and I sometimes where them with thin socks. I am posting some pictures with this update. So these pictures are from almost 3 months of all day use.

Update: 3/29/2016 I have been wearing these everyday since I got them about a week ago and they have broken in pretty good. Would still like the toe area to have been a bit taller, but the foam below has compressed a bit to allow for more wiggle room. I will post another update after about a month or so to let you all know what the wear and tear situation is for me. I plan on wearing them daily as my house shoes...so we will see.

3/16/2016 After having returned a pair of slippers (different brand) that were too wide, I put these on and found them to be fine. I ordered size 11/12 since I wear size 11-11 1/2 shoe and found these to be pretty tight in the toe. If the slipper was a bit higher in the front I don't think I would feel the tightness at all. It is pretty shallow. I am wearing thin socks and it is a tight fit. Unfortunate for me, I can't go up anymore sizes (they don't make them).
They do have support and they have nice cushioning to them. It could be argued if the support is good or not but I think that just depends on an individuals foot. I can definitely feel it in both my arches.
I read the labels attached to the slipper and they say you can get years of use of of these if taken care of. I read in some reviews that theirs have fallen apart way too soon. As of delivery I inspect mine and found them to be put together fine. I could not find any defects. I plan to wear these daily in my home, so we will see how they wear. I will update if I find them to have fallen apart too soon. Right now I am just hoping that they loosen up a bit so my toes don't feel as cramped.
review image review image review image
on December 13, 2013
I've been looking for some time now for the perfect slipper and finally have found them! They have arch support, back heel support and a thick enough sole to wear outside if I need to go there. I also like the fact they don't have stitching around the toes. The size is one half larger than a regular shoe size. Thank you Acorn for making these and Thank you Amazon for having these! Love my slippers!
on November 2, 2010
I had never purchased Acorn before, so I wasn't sure about fit or quality. I am a 7.5 to 8 size, but went with the 8-9 and they are a great fit. Easy to slide my foot in and out without using my hands, but do not slide up and down on my foot when I walk. The hard sole is perfect for walking outside, and gives me great support if I wear them through the day. The inside "fur" is extremely soft and molds to the foot. I am very happy with this purchase and will definitely purchase another Acorn product in the future.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2016
I think that these might have been a great slipper, but the size was too big. It is hard to tell from all the reviews just what size to order. It seems that everyone has a different opinion as to there fit. I am a 8.5 so I was hoping to get lucky with the 8-9 size. Nope, it fits more like a 9.5. I am planning on returning and reordering the smaller size.
Update: I received the smaller size 6.5-7.5. When I first put them on, they were comfortably snug along the width. However, the length seemed to short, I could feel my big toe rubbing a little bit. I have decided to keep them in hopes that they will stretch and fit my foot better. It has been a week, and they are getting more comfortable daily with the length. I am happy with the over-all shoe for the price of only $26.00 (when I went down in size, the price dropped $10.00 - bonus) If was more expensive, I would be disappointed.
VERY nice to have a comfortable, hard bottom slipper to walk in the garage with and/or get the kids to the bus stop in!
on December 11, 2016
These are the best slippers I have ever bought and I have bought a lot of them. I have neuropathy and my feet are so painful, shoes are a huge issue for me. These are so great, they are cushioned, have arch support and are very warm-all the things I have been praying for. After the pocket book drain of the holidays, I'm going to buy another pair, maybe two. LOVE these slippers.

Additional Note: If you order the wrong size in these slippers, you will have to pay the return costs. You will have to pay over $10.00 to return these, even though they are Amazon Prime. Not going to purchase anything from them again.
on February 15, 2017
This is my third pair. I wear them every single day when at home. So comfy inside and the outside wool is easy to wipe clean. I have washed them once in a lengerie (sp?) bag, warm gentle cycle. Then air dried. They came out great but the inside odor was still there. Eventually you will have to buy another pair :).
I also like them because I can step onto the deck or porch and wipe the soles off when coming in. My feet stay dry. They are not too warm. I wear them summer and winter. Sometimes with my blue jeans!
Only improvement I would like - some sort of arch support. My feet lay very flat in these and I would like support.
on March 6, 2017
Acorn slippers have always seemed to run a little small, but since they stretch out, I always size down a bit. These faux chinchilla-lined slippers actually run a little bigger than other styles I've had in the past, but even with a little heel slippage, they're still comfortable. I really like the firm, supportive sole, something you don't generally find in slippers. They seem durable, too. Other Acorn brands tend to sprout holes in the toes or in the stitching between the upper portion and the sides, but these seem thicker and less likely to show wear that way.

One warning: these are REALLY, REALLY WARM. Like, if the furnace is on the in the house, I can't stand to have them on my feet. They're great for really cold mornings, but they're definitely one-season slippers. Once spring comes, I'm going to want to find something a little less aggressively toasty. For now, though, A+. They arrived when they said they would and I'm very satisfied with them.
on February 28, 2013
I was so excited to get these slippers for Christmas, but by February 13th I had filed a return claim because the sole had separated from the upper for about 5 inches. The seam simply popped open. I didn't wear them outside or otherwise beat them up, just around the house, as slippers should be.

I did, however, wear them often, because they were SO comfortable. As with most slippers, they will feel small when you first get them. The fleece "chinchilla" lining will compress to fit your foot and then they will be perfect. I also found that wearing them with socks was a must, since they were so nice and toasty warm that my feet would get overly sweaty without sock. Gross, I know, but still important. So, don't order a size down for bare feet, order your real size.

I will miss them terribly, but won't be buying this brand agian since they fell apart so fast. The seller was quick to respond with a pre-paid return label, so no complaints there, but still. Sad.
on March 27, 2017
I exchanged a too small pair which were super padded and comfortable but just too small in the toe area so I got 2 sizes larger since they didn't have the next size. I am happy with these size-wise because I like lots of toe room for socks. The only issue is for some reason, this size, the 9.5-10.5 have only half the padding that the size 8-9 had in the heel area. I solved this by just adding some thick shoe pads. Now they are fine but I can't feel the plushness of the fur, a minor issue. I would buy more of these for sure and just hope I would get the original thicker padding. They look and feel great now. Thank-you

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.