Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,127 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,168 reviews
on March 8, 2013
For me, these slippers are the perfect design, and I love them. Hopefully this review helps you decide if the design is right for you.

-- I can easily step into them without having to use my hands to put them on.
-- They stay on while I'm walking around--I never accidentally kick them off like most other slipper designs (my big pet peeve).
-- I can easily take them off, like you would with old moccasins or sneakers - just use your other foot to press down the heel edge while you step out of them. Easy.
-- They are super warm and soft and comfortable---just as warm as wool fleece. The footbed is very cushioned and comfortable.
-- They have durable rubber soles. I wear them outside for brief trips to the mailbox, trash bin, etc. Once I actually brought them with me skiing and changed into them at the bottom of the lift and walked home with my boots. That was awesome. :-)
-- They're very durable. I have had a pair for three years that I wear almost every day, and they're still just as warm and soft. The only fault I can find is that they stretched out a little and are a little looser on my feet now, but I still wear them just as much as my new pair.
-- I haven't had any problems with things "sticking" to them. I mean sure, grass or leaves will stick to them if I go traipse through the back yard on a rainy day, but they stick to my shoes too. We have two cats and haven't noticed that they attract cat hair more than any other object in the house does.

The only advice I can offer is to make sure you like the high-back design before you buy, because this is a relatively unusual shape. And if you like that, they're awesome. :-)
11 comment| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2016
Update 8/31/2016: I have had these just over 5 months now. I wear them daily and they are still holding up great. No cracks, no tears, nothing if falling apart of off of them.

Update: 6/17/2016 After wearing these daily for almost 3 months (all day long. Not just at night) I actually am giving them 5 stars instead of the 4 I had given previously. They have broken in really well and my toes now have enough wiggle room. I have no tears or rubber sole damage. My home if mainly hardwood and tile. These really do help cushion my feet. I never had an issue with the cuff of the slipper rubbing my ankles and I sometimes where them with thin socks. I am posting some pictures with this update. So these pictures are from almost 3 months of all day use.

Update: 3/29/2016 I have been wearing these everyday since I got them about a week ago and they have broken in pretty good. Would still like the toe area to have been a bit taller, but the foam below has compressed a bit to allow for more wiggle room. I will post another update after about a month or so to let you all know what the wear and tear situation is for me. I plan on wearing them daily as my house shoes...so we will see.

3/16/2016 After having returned a pair of slippers (different brand) that were too wide, I put these on and found them to be fine. I ordered size 11/12 since I wear size 11-11 1/2 shoe and found these to be pretty tight in the toe. If the slipper was a bit higher in the front I don't think I would feel the tightness at all. It is pretty shallow. I am wearing thin socks and it is a tight fit. Unfortunate for me, I can't go up anymore sizes (they don't make them).
They do have support and they have nice cushioning to them. It could be argued if the support is good or not but I think that just depends on an individuals foot. I can definitely feel it in both my arches.
I read the labels attached to the slipper and they say you can get years of use of of these if taken care of. I read in some reviews that theirs have fallen apart way too soon. As of delivery I inspect mine and found them to be put together fine. I could not find any defects. I plan to wear these daily in my home, so we will see how they wear. I will update if I find them to have fallen apart too soon. Right now I am just hoping that they loosen up a bit so my toes don't feel as cramped.
review image review image review image
on December 13, 2013
I've been looking for some time now for the perfect slipper and finally have found them! They have arch support, back heel support and a thick enough sole to wear outside if I need to go there. I also like the fact they don't have stitching around the toes. The size is one half larger than a regular shoe size. Thank you Acorn for making these and Thank you Amazon for having these! Love my slippers!
on November 4, 2016
The smell is so overbearing. I didn't expect to get a artificial chemical "vanilla/baby powder scent" with these slippers. I have a mast cell disease and the scent coming out of the box about killed me. They should state that they scent their slippers!
on December 11, 2016
These are the best slippers I have ever bought and I have bought a lot of them. I have neuropathy and my feet are so painful, shoes are a huge issue for me. These are so great, they are cushioned, have arch support and are very warm-all the things I have been praying for. After the pocket book drain of the holidays, I'm going to buy another pair, maybe two. LOVE these slippers.

Additional Note: If you order the wrong size in these slippers, you will have to pay the return costs. You will have to pay over $10.00 to return these, even though they are Amazon Prime. Not going to purchase anything from them again.
on December 5, 2015
I really wanted to like this slipper. (1) Soon after getting them the sole started to seperate from the fabric. (2) There is a really weird chemical musty smell to the fake fur! I tried airing them out at first and that didn't help. I tried different sprays... nope. I am now washing them. This is the third gentle cycle wash and they still smell. The smell is intensified when worn from the warmth of your body. And no it's not my feet. They had this smell before they were worn. I'll be throwing them away since I'm sure I won't get a refund after washing them. Very dissatisfied and I won't be buying this brand again.
on February 17, 2016
I've had acorn slippers in the past and loved them, but to my horror, this pair has fragrance literally imbedded into the soles. There is an overwhelming vanilla odor in the shoe that hasn't lessened after three washes. My husband is chemically sensitive and cannot bear to be in the same room as these slippers. Obviously, I never would have purchased a scented product and this "feature" should have been disclosed. What a disappointing waste of money and effort. I will never purchase acorn products again.
on October 14, 2014
As soon as I wake up, as soon as I get home, these babies are on my feet!
I love how warm and comfortable they are.
Don't worry no adorable chinchillas were killed to make this shoe, the fur is fake. *whew*, breathe a sigh of relief.
I wear a ladies size 9 and these are a 9.5-10.5 and they fit perfectly, I would not
want them to be any smaller, that's for sure. So if you are a size 10 you might want to
go up a size larger if they have it.
My only complaint is that some of the stitching strings have come out, I have had to trim
them off twice, but I don't notice it in the shoe, I just noticed the strings hanging out of the front
and sides of the shoe. But, like I said these are getting quite a bit of wear, I practically live in them.
I have walked onto the deck, the patio and the garage in them,
and the thick rubber sole and good tread works great. I think the acorn tread is a nice touch.
I appreciate little details like that.
On the less whimsical and more practical side of things, I accidentally splashed some water
on them while I was washing dishes and it just rolled right off. Great quality wool (or wool like material).
In summary, I gave four stars instead of 5 because they are a bit spendy, especially since some of the stiching came out already. And I am not positive they are sized properly for American sizes, but maybe my feet have grown, who knows. Or it might be the VERY soft and cozy faux fur lining that makes them fit a bit snugger.
on August 31, 2016
I think that these might have been a great slipper, but the size was too big. It is hard to tell from all the reviews just what size to order. It seems that everyone has a different opinion as to there fit. I am a 8.5 so I was hoping to get lucky with the 8-9 size. Nope, it fits more like a 9.5. I am planning on returning and reordering the smaller size.
Update: I received the smaller size 6.5-7.5. When I first put them on, they were comfortably snug along the width. However, the length seemed to short, I could feel my big toe rubbing a little bit. I have decided to keep them in hopes that they will stretch and fit my foot better. It has been a week, and they are getting more comfortable daily with the length. I am happy with the over-all shoe for the price of only $26.00 (when I went down in size, the price dropped $10.00 - bonus) If was more expensive, I would be disappointed.
VERY nice to have a comfortable, hard bottom slipper to walk in the garage with and/or get the kids to the bus stop in!
on February 17, 2017
These slippers are above average except for the smell. They have a strong sweet perfume indelibly embedded in the fabric, that gave me a headache within minutes. Pros: they fit well, they are comfortable, the arch support is nice. Cons: the smell gives me a headache, my heel slides out of them when I walk, and they don't keep my feet warm on the cold tile of our basement office floor.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.