- Brand Name: Boston Acoustics
- Model Number: HIDS3B
- Color: Black
BOSTON ACOUSTICS IDS3 Plus iPhone/iPod Powered Speaker System with Wireless Subwoofer(Gloss Black)
- High Quality Wireless Sub, 100W, Rmt
- Energy Star Certified
- Sleek Design
- Integrated universal iPod dock controls and charges all iPhone and dockable iPod models.
- 100-watt total system power, 25-watts per channel main speaker and 50-watt subwoofer
- 6.5-inch subwoofer uses 2.4gHz wireless techology delivering 75 foot range
- It incorporates BassTrac audio processing for clean bass at all listening levels
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I've started DJing at parties I have at home, and the place feels like a club when music is playing - you can REALLY feel the bass.
In terms of construction, although the system itself is solid, I've come across two issues:
1)The connection for your ipod/iphone is HORRIBLE. Just be careful when connecting your ipod/iphone as there is no support for it. If your phone accidentally gets nudged or leans, you could break the pins. To avoid this, just stick to using the audio input in the back.
2) I think I must've gotten a semi-broken system because after 5 months of use, the subwoofer stopped working. At first, the bass would just go in and out during a song. Later, it just stopped working altogether. Since it worked (sometimes), the support center sent it back to me saying they couldn't replicate the error. However, after 20 minutes of playing music - it's stopped working again. Hopefully after sending it back a second time they can help me out.
In terms of sound, I would most definitely recommend getting this product - it's great! Just hope you get one that works and doesn't break!
Boston's customer service is excellent as they replaced the unit but the new unit gave the same exact behavior. I'm bummed as I love the sound but it won't work with a WiFi network.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent system and sound. I've had it for years now and am completely satisfied. No problems at all and great sound.Published on July 28, 2014 by Byron Russell
Very good sound - would be nice if blue tooth and if had a radio - but the sound is greatPublished on December 17, 2012 by Erik Strindberg
My new Boston Acoustics iDS3 Plus iPod speaker dock just arrived yesterday and I spent the whole day listening and evaluating. Read morePublished on January 25, 2012 by Grumpy Troll
I bought my Boston i-DS3 about a year ago and was pleased with the sound. Not amazing sound considering the price, but certainly adequate given it's relatively small size on my... Read morePublished on June 18, 2011 by Heather Middleton