Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on March 13, 2014
Bought this based on high consumer reports for this brand. Used it once after spending a few hours to assemble it perfectly. After that the console would die after a couple minutes making the machine worthless. Contacted customer care and they sent me a wire and neglected to tell me that to install it I would have to disassemble the PREASSEMBLED wheel housing just to get it in there. A tech would have taken another week to come out so I bit the bullet and took the whole thing apart to put the wire back in. Fired the machine up and it still died after a minute. Thank goodness for Amazon return policies protecting people from things like this!
on July 31, 2013
I have used ellipticals before in college. This one is very easy to operate, very sturdy and the movement is very comfortable.
I like the connection to ipod/iphone, it charges while working out and the speakers are decent.
on August 16, 2012
Unboxing - Each individual component of this 243lb monster was well packed. The elliptical comes with all the hardware and tools needed to assemble it.

Assembly - AFG took the time to pre-sort all the screws and bolts and washers by step. This made assembly almost foolproof. I took my time, watching Star Trek The Motion Picture on bluray while putting the elliptical together. There were a couple of hitches along the way but no deal breakers. They even added long twist-ties to aid in fishing wires through the console mast. This greatly simplified the process of fishing the wires from the flywheel to the console.

First Run - My floor is uneven, so it's going to take some time to slowly get the adjustable feet to the right level. Otherwise, the machine is so quiet my wife and kids can watch tv while I'm working out right behind them. There is a lot to discover with this machine, especially with the Nike-Ipod application.
on September 10, 2014
I had AFG 4.0 and sold it to move. I purchased the 4.1 as a replacement and think the 4.1 is much better than the 4.0. I put it together myself and found that the arm covers were very difficult to attach and when I did get them screwed on that they squeaked so I took them back off. I only wish that it had a fan. The display is pretty basic but I would rather have a smooth/quiet machine than a sexy display.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 16, 2013
Delivered over a month and a half ago and still havent used it. First, the housing around the flywheel was cracked on delivery. Had to wait 2 weeks to get it fixed. Next the foam covering the left handle was peeling off. I called AFG for the second time and was told the part was in but would take a week to ship because it was "just delivered" to them and they had to add it to inventory. 3 weeks passed and I called them back and was told the part is actually on back order - their mistake. Next, the programs wouldn't run on the console so I called again and was told I needed a new console, and that (once again) it is in, but not available to ship just yet.
Long story short, I own a $1300, 300 pound paper weight that looks fairly impressive. I researched ellipticals for a month before I decided on this one due to the reviews. It may very well be a good machine, but I may very well never know.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.