Consider this available item
AFG Sport 5.9AE Elliptical, Gray
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Tablet connected: use your tablet along with the AFG fitness app to control your elliptical, track your workout and monitor your progress (via Bluetooth 4.0)
- Equipped with Bluetooth 5-watt speakers for wireless music streaming
- Superior motion: our signature frame design ensures the optimal body position, the most natural movement and the Best overall fitness exercise experience for you
- Built for performance: offering a deluxe 23lb flywheel, quiet-drive controlled power incline, and a heavy welded-steel frame, the 5.9Ae is ready for a serious workout
- Includes a free chest strap for wireless heart rate monitoring
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Stay connected, stay motivated, stay fit with the AFG Sport 5.9Ae - a whole new way to connect you to the world of integrated fitness tracking. Use your tablet along with the AFG fitness app to wirelessly control this elliptical, track your workout and monitor your fitness goals. Plus, the 5.9Ae offers advanced connectivity, featuring Bluetooth speakers to stream music wirelessly from your device and compatibility with select heart rate monitoring devices.
Specification Sheet [PDF ]
- Product Dimensions : 52 x 31 x 23 inches; 236 Pounds
- Item model number : HEP0548-01
- Date First Available : October 1, 2016
- Manufacturer : Horizon Fitness -- Sumner Dropship
- ASIN : B01LW96GOQ
Best Sellers Rank:
#716,867 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #352 in Elliptical Training Machines
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would reccomend buying syntetic lube prior to delivery as the lube on the spindals mostly comes off when you remove the protective covering. That way you can go about 6 months before another lube. My only complaint is that they don't give you extra lube as part of the package.
Review update: We have had the 5.9AE for 8 months now and realize it is junk. It developed a loud baning noise on each rotation after about 6 months. Called warranty service and they sent a tech out who just made it worse. Now they say they don't have the parts to fix it so we are stuck. Getting through to their service dept for follow up is next to impossible. Overall, it seems hopeless and the noise is getting worse. DO NOT BUY THIS ELLIPTICAL!
"Your AFG machine is tablet ready, allowing you to use Bluetooth 4.0 technology to wirelessly connect
your tablet to your AFG treadmill or elliptical.* Using the free downloadable AFG Fitness app will enable
you to control your treadmill or elliptical’s operating functions via your tablet. The app will also allow you
to monitor your workout, track your progress and view your workout history.
* Be sure to check your tablet owner’s manual to ensure it is Bluetooth 4.0 compatible."
*Bluetooth detects device as a "Media Audio" device only-- this is on a Google Pixel 2 XL phone with Bluetooth 5 running Android 9. If you're running anything less than Bluetooth 4, you're SOL.
*app situation for Android is even worse-- no URL or QR code to get you where you need to go. You're only directed as follows:
"The AFG Fitness app can be downloaded from either the iTunes store for IOS devices or from the
Google store for Android devices. You will need to go to the appropriate app store for your device.
Search for “AFG Fitness”. You will see the AFG Fitness App appear. Select to download the app.
After agreeing to the terms and conditions, your device will download the app."
Google Play Store shows "AFG Connected Fitness" by "Johnson Health Tech" at com_xtremeprog_shell_treadmill last updated March 5, 2018 and also "AFG Pro Fitness" also by "Johnson Health Tech" at com_xtremeprog_shell_treadmillv2 last updated July 25, 2018. Further research revealed that Johnson Health Tech is the parent company of AFG.
Installing either app lets you know that it cannot find your device, even though it's paired as a media audio device. Went back to the App Store to check some reviews and come to find out it's not a unique situation. People have been complaining about this app since release and it seems the company does not address the complaints, only responding that the customers should have a Bluetooth 4 device on hand. I really wished I'd checked those app reviews PRIOR to purchase. iOS folks are just peachy with it, but Android folks have been returning these ellipticals for quite some time.
Okay, so we can't have it all, can we? Let's just try to use the elliptical as a Guest user. Elevation and incline buttons worked intermittently; change display button did not work. Pulse Grips heart rate sensor did not work. At all.
*as instructed by Amazon Support and the manual, I opened up and reconnected console to cables to no avail.
*loud beeping noise on power without any option to quiet it. If you want the elliptical to wake up your family as you start your early morning workout, this is a great option.
TLDR: if you feel like sliding your legs back and forth on an elliptical with functionality dependent on a cell phone/tablet, then this is the device for you.
NB: It's never a good sign when The Amazon contracted installer is cussing under his breath multiple times during setup and at the end says that the device has more parts than he'd anticipated. Seriously.
I did not give it 5 stars because it came with the wrong washers and I emailed the company and no one ever got back to me. I'm hoping that if they ever do- it will stop making the ticking sound that is does when my husband or son is on it.
Top reviews from other countries
Initially, one of the leg joints wasn't hooked into the slot properly so it was making this scratchy sound when in use but thankfully our mom noticed what was wrong and we were able to hook it back on.
I really like the tablet connectivity, the app allows us to change intensity and other perks.
Its a pretty decent elliptical but only for casual use. I can't really get a serious and strenuous workout out of it. My mom has been using it regularly on lower intensities and it works really great for her because she has advanced arthritis. The rest of us use it on days we can't make it to the gym.
It is fairly well built, and I was able to get a good sense of that when putting it together. I expect it will last a good many years.
What do I like?
- It is sturdy, has a large screen for monitoring your progress througout the workout (just like at the gym!)
- It includes a heart rate monitor for your chest, or you can use the handlebars to monitor your heart rate
- Both myself and Husband have our own User Profiles, which were easy to set up with our own goals nad details.
- The handles don't stick and glide easily with each stride, and you can grip either in front of you, or workout your arms with the upper stride handles
- the pedals have gripped material on them, so you don't slide off, even if you're lazy and go bare foot
- The pedals *do* have foot holders which can create more of an incline, adding resistance and challenge to more basic programs.
- It's compatible with my MyFitnessPal app to monitor my workout progress and tracks which day I do what (hills, cardio, lazy day minimal incline "rest" days); alternatively, AFG has their own tracking site - but I prefer using one platform for everything, including my beachbody Workouts, so we've opted not to use the website.
- it's relatively quiet enough that I can still watch TV while working out
- There are over 40 workout presets with 12 resistance levels - this is pretty amazing! More than they had at my Goodlife gym last year!
- there's a water bottle holder - no fumbling around with where I want can put my bottle
- There's also a tablet/book holder, so I can read my Kindle if I'm in the "intellectual for my body and brain" mood
- There's a freaking built in fan to help stay cool! .
- bluetooth compatible so my music can play RIGHT from the machine's own speakers - not the best sound, but I'm working out and don't expect perfection
- Stellar price point
What I'm Meh About:
- There's a handle at the back to move the machine "out of the way" when not in use - in all reality, I'll never use this feature
What I'm not keen on:
- the Stride length isn't adjustable (20"), so the days where my CFS really flares up, it's really a struggle to push myself on it, as it takes more effort with my 5'-2" height and stubby legs to get the full stride in - most days I'm okay though.