Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on July 23, 2013
I was really worried with these one star reviews here but I still ordered it. It came in time, maybe even earlier. I put it in my Sony Vaio VGN-NR485E. It fits perfect, I plugged it in and turned the computer on right away. No bios update stuff, no nothing, it went straight to Windows (I have wind 7) and the battery had 70% life. I charged it to 100% and the next day (which is today right now) I started my computer without power cord, it's been an hour so far and the battery life says 73% - 2hr 52mnt. I have it on power saver power plan,and the brightness has been somewhere around 50-60%.

Hope it will continue to work as well as this. My previous one would just turn off the computer after 15 minutes without power.
Great deal!

Thanks!!!
on December 31, 2013
We have a Sony VAIO purchased in 2007. When the laptop was new the battery would last around 3 hours on a full charge. Five years later it would only go about 15 mins-- a pretty good service life for a battery but no longer useful. After installing a solid state hard disk and Windows 7, the laptop has regained some vigor and will still be useful for a few more years. So, after reading a bunch of reviews, I purchased this AGPtek replacement for 35 bucks figuring it was worth a try. At the time of this review we’ve had the battery about two months.

It arrived quickly and was well packaged in a bag inside a padded retail box. After skimming over the minimal instruction and warranty documents, I shut down the computer and swapped it with the old battery. Fit, finish, and latches are all good and it snapped right into place. On boot-up the computer didn't seem to notice anything was out of place and went right to work charging the new battery. After several cycles up and down we're getting about 1.5 hours of runtime doing stuff like Skype and YouTube videos, so I'd consider it a success. Doesn't seem like it's got quite the same capacity as the OEM battery, but given the cost I'm pleased, hence four stars overall.

Some folks have described problems with error messages popping up in Windows saying they're using an improper battery. This is apparently caused by some Sony software agent that is part of the factory Windows install and runs in the background. Since I had recently put in a new hard disk with a clean install of Windows 7, none of this Sony junk was an issue. (After the new install, I did have to go to the Sony site to get some specific drivers to make the webcam and a few other things work right, but this was not a big deal.)

Also noticed some sellers claiming their batteries were "unlocked", or had BIOS codes unencrypted, or similar. AGPtek makes no mention of any of this and the battery worked fine, so I'm not sure this is a real issue. Perhaps some folks are simply misunderstanding or mischaracterizing the Sony battery monitor agent described above, or maybe all aftermarket batteries include this "unlocking" feature in order to work at all. Not sure.
on June 9, 2015
My original battery had totally died. It's an older one so I didn't want to spend a lot on a replacement battery. This one fitted the bill. It worked perfect when I first got it and charged it up. I noticed about a month ago that, while plugged into the charger, it showed it was 98% charged and not charging. Now it shows 99% and not charging. I don't know if that means it's really fully charged and the percent is erroneous, or if it really is only 99% charged and can't be fully charged any longer. Other than that, it works fine. Time will tell if it lasts though.
on August 9, 2014
I have a Sony VGN-NR110E. I've had it for about 7 years (Windows Vista, God help me). The battery went out around 4 years...never bothered to get a replacement since I was going to end up getting a new battery and I had a Chromebook. After it started crashing, I figured it was time for a new laptop; however, my friend fixed it for me, wiped my hard drive, and put Windows 7 on it (yes!)...so pretty much I have a like-new laptop without all of the Sony bloatware. I figured I'd get a replacement battery now...it worked as soon as I popped it in. Great price...only issue is battery life (3 hours), which is expected for this price point.
on August 25, 2016
Avoid buying this product unless absolutely necessary.
It takes roughly about 2-2.5 hours to charge the laptop from low power to full charge and the battery lasts for just about 1-1.25 hours.
Its literally just like being without a battery and being connected to a power source all the time.
I was looking to ask for a replacement but since I was travelling with this thing, I couldnt and overshot the last return date by a week and now I am stuck with it.
on March 23, 2017
Great product!
on January 25, 2013
It fits exactly my 17" Sony Vaio PCG-8112L, and provides almost 1.5 hr use time, which is more than the one hour I expected, however, the actual time depends heavily on what the system is doing. For the price it is a much better deal than the original battery, whose run-time dropped to minutes in a little more than two years.
on October 15, 2014
Battery arrived quickly. Ordered early on Friday morning and it was delievered on the follwing Monday at 11am. I slipped it in the battery slot on my Sony Vaio SGN-310E and it immediately accepted it. Charge was at 60%. My laptop is very old by today's standards as it was bought in 2008 as a lower-end model. When fully charged my latop is able to go 2 hours on the battery alone.
on November 14, 2014
Only gave it a 4 because it only comes in one colour, I have a white Sony Vaio, so it looks a little weird but apart from that, this battery is a perfect replacement for the original part and the price just cant be beaten!

Battery holds charge well, had no issues with installation, just plugged her in and away it went, highly recommend it!
on August 3, 2016
This was a great replacement for my VAIO's dead battery. When you place this on the computer, do make sure to drain it completely and then use a toothpick to press the reset button for the battery so the computer gets used to it or else it may give you strange glitches and issues.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.