Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 295 reviews
on August 9, 2016
Now here's a book tur surprise you. "AHA" is eactly what it is - those moments when you have an insight that changes your life.Try it - you may have friends to lend it to as well.
on June 16, 2017
Excellent book. Keeps you with all his stories and illustrations. Definitely it's will be a reread for me so I can apply his good points!
on June 10, 2016
Not to be disrespectful to those who found this book life-changing, but for those who have experienced any sort of major life challenge & discovered the presence of some helpful outside power (mine is also Christian) & thus, Aha transformation, this book of stories is a bit trite. A bunch of other people's Aha moments seem repetitive after a dozen or so. I remember it being simply a curious reaction of others before it happened to me & obvious in others, in literature, in life, ever since- thus trite. Maybe some can learn the lesson by reading about it, but it seems the point of the book is the need to experience it for oneself. Oh well...
on July 6, 2017
Great Book! Came quick!
on May 26, 2017
Kyle is a very wise man...the Holy Spirit uses his writing talent to provide excellent interactions that have wonderful outcomes with your relationship with God. I hope our nation full of Christians have our AHA moment. We need a wakeup.
on February 2, 2017
Very practical book on dealing with those "Aha" moments that signal something in your life is off, out of whack, or headed for disaster. The author deals with the subject with humor, examples from his own life, and from a man's voice. Easy to read and for most of us, necessary to read.
on April 7, 2015
Like with his other books, Kyle Idleman does not disappoint. Not only was this book a brilliant analysis of the parable of the prodigal son, which helped me look at this story in a light that I had never before seen it, but the importance and applicability to my own life, as Mr. Idleman has a gift for revealing, was very personally powerful and moving.
on July 25, 2017
great book!
on February 17, 2015
AHA is the third book by Kyle Idleman I've read and I love them them all. Kyle says things we all need to hear in our journey to find balance in this crazy world where we know there is a lot wrong but don't know where to apply ourselves to make a difference. Kyle strips faith down to the basics of trust in God and following His way of living our lives. Thank you Kyle, sincerely.
on April 19, 2014
I liked "Not a Fan" better, but this was a good book. The title is a little mis-leading in my personal opinion. It really is a book about why you aren't following God. I really liked the section on the 3 types of denial. He does a really good job on the last 1/2 of the book. The first half of the book was "non-descript" to me for some reason. The last 1/2 of the book was excellent. I love his interpretation of the prodical son. That story told by Jesus always bothered me, but once I read this book, I had a better appreciation for it. The story always bothered me because the younger son was disrespectful, spoiled, arrogant, while the father was enabling and allowed his disrespect. However, the way I interpreted it after reading Kyle's book, we ALL are like the younger son - trying to get away with everything and taking everything for granted that God gives us. When we realize we have used everything up that God gave us (or didn't use them to the abilities we were given), then when we go back to him, God (like the father) welcomes us back with open arms. If we truly appreciate and acknowledge what God gives us, and we learn from our mistakes, then that is what God is happy about - we picked coming back to Him and loving Him over all the other stuff. We do this as parents too - our little 10 month old wants us to let go so they can learn to walk. We lovingly give them a little support but then we let them go to fall and make their mistakes. They may hurt themselves and cry, but then we open our arms to them when they reach back for our love and understanding. That is what God does. He gives us choices and if we learn from our mistakes, he is happy.

And as for the older brother, again my old interpretation bothered me - of course we should love the son that was loyal to the father, right?? Of course he should feel angry that his dad opened his arms up to his spoiled brother coming home, right? No...not really. He should have been mature enough to understand the lesson his brother HAD to learn to appreciate the good things in life. Kyle says both the brothers have faults because the older one just mooched off his dad and never experienced life and mistakes to understand how good he had it. I think this story Jesus tells is more about how when we carry the crosses God presents to us, it allows us to experience frustration, sadness, pain and that only makes us realize that God is great and that all good things come from Him.... We run back to him and he opens his arms and is grateful we chose Him over depression, anger, guilt, terminal frustration.... Good book, good concepts presented.