Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on December 24, 2014
I do like this inverter very much so far. I am using it right now charging my cellphone and my tablet and running a 15 watt light so i can see what i am doing LOL thanks again. If i do have any problems i will re post. Merry Christmas all !!!!!!
on October 18, 2010
This product is doing everything it was advertised to do and, thus far, doing it flawlessly.
on September 12, 2016
Does the lawn with electric mower.
on December 8, 2009
We live where cold winters are expected and three-day power outages too common. Many residents have gasoline, propane, or diesel standby generators. We don't. Our radiant heating system relies on electricity for an oil furnace and water circulation, and it is nice to have refrigerator, TV and computers working. Some items may be sensitive to non-sine wave power.

Our Toyota Prius has a 202 volt "traction" battery as well as a 12-volt auxiliary battery that is kept charged by a DC-DC converter. The traction battery is kept charged by the internal combustion engine (ICE) optimized for such use. At rest (assuming the power switch is on) the computer monitors the state of charge (SOC) and other parameters, running the ICE to keep the traction battery charged to a satisfactory level (40 - 80%).

At present the inverter is in the Prius' cargo area hard-wired to the auxiliary battery terminals. There is a 120 amp fusible link in the Prius' circuit to the DC-DC converter, so it is advisable to limit current to the inverter to less than that. There is a 100-amp fusible link in the positive cable to the inverter but I plan to substitute a DC breaker and polarized plug-socket disconnect. In operation the car and inverter are turned on, and a heavy extension cord connected to the home heating system circuit though a switch that disconnects grid power to just that system (otherwise hardwired to the grid). Other appliances are connected via extension cords. In addition to making sure that total connected label wattage is below 1,000, AC amperage draw is sometimes monitored with an inline meter (keep below 8.5). The Prius is in our garage with an exhaust hose to the outside away from windows and doors (and we have a CO2 monitor in our living area). The ICE goes on to maintain SOC and at least one internal temperature, and we stay warm, entertained, and on-line! To prove it could be done, we have used the inverter to power an electric weed whacker along our private road! This set-up won't run anything requiring 220v (water well, electric range, dishwasher, etc.) nor typical laser printers, microwave ovens, etc.

(November, 2014) The AIMS 1000 Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter being sold now is somewhat different than he unit reviewed, although the model name has not changed. It is physically different - shorter, some external features rearranged, different on/off and remote switches. I discovered this when my original unit failed and I bought a new one. A year ago I set up for an outage but power returned before I plugged in any load and I didn't disconnect the 12v cabling. It would not work for our first outage this season (which lasted about 21 hours), so I ordered a new one in time for the next outage, three days. We did find that it won't handle two refrigerators at the same time, so we shared. I had read some criticism of earlier AIMS unit workmanship. I opened the failed unit and could see nothing obvious, although some evidence of heat (they do get warm, and there is a thermostatic cooling fan).

If you are using this with a Prius be sure the heater and air conditioner are turned off - otherwise the car gets warm and you are wasting gas. I think we used less than two gallons for the last referred to three days.
2626 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse