Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on April 9, 2017
Perfect antenna to receive free Wi-Fi.
on November 18, 2010
A directional 24dbi Antenna...Signal Quality works great! You will be surprised with the additional number of wifi networks people have in your neighbourhood compared to using a lower than 10 dbi Wifi antenna. The Range of this one is excellent compared to other manufactures Wifi antenna's I purchased in the past which was a big disappointment.

This wifi antenna is very stable and well tuned and never have I been disconnected from the wireless reception yet using my Linksys router. To my surprise I can even make VOIP calls anywhere in the world and not even need to use my cell phone.

AIR802 does have some excellent Wifi antennas with many products very good quality.

Its best to mount it outside the building using 1 1/2" ABS black plastic drain pipe (about 3 ft long) with two sturdy clamps fastened and attached to the building.
Inside the attic it also works if you place it on some catwalk boards but you will loose a little strength of the antenna since your going thru plywood and roofing material.
If you need connectors for your cable you can find them on their website.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a good quality stable Wifi signal.You will be very happy with your purchase.
55 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
Easy to assemble and install. Have experience with different WiFi antennas in the past 5 years. Needed a new one to install in an area with a very high signal interruption were my other 7 DB antenna have approximately 10 times signal-detection reduction.
Had already tested 4 other hi-gain antennas priced at $100-160 ea. with a roof-top mounting that actually performed below the performance of my indoor 7 DB 90-degree-angle Hawking Technology antenna (an excellent performer by the way!). The AIR802 antenna with installed TRENDnet Low Loss Reverse SMA Female to N-Type Male Weatherproof cable is an excellent performer. No need to purchase the TRENDnet RP-TNC to RP-SMA Adapter TEW-AMBA to successfully connect the antenna to the WiFi card of a desktop computer. This antenna outperforms by a high margin other competitors offering 15 db signal interception.
Note, that horizontal mounting may be a preferable choice for a wider angle reception and less time spent on adjusting the reception source (access point). On the other hand, the vertical mounting may lead to increased signal obtained from a particular source (this option was not tested by me).
At last, my comparisons were measured by the WiFi signal strength as detected by the Windows-7 WiFi display, the total count of Access Points accepted and by the particular readings for discrete access points measured by the DU Meter program.
Critical NOTE: The water-proof insulations on the antenna are not sufficient enough! All rubber-like insulations - behind the front (black plastic box) and the back of the squire-profile pipe were the wire gets out better be re-sealed with silicone glue. MOST IMPORTANT (!) the wire connector has faulty plastic sealing that looks-like molded to the cable insulation but is not! After a month I found the water leaked into the cable joint from under the plastic insulator and disturbed the signal! The metal joint is not very strongly attached to the wire as well. MUST DUE: After sealing the joined cables with the provided asphalt-type tape make sure to tape with water-proof tape the entire joint including about 2-3 inches distance of the wires from both sides of the metal joint - use 2-3 layers of tape to prevent the connector from detach from the wire. I found that a good quality electrical insulation tape is efficient water barrier.
on January 9, 2011
This Antenna is awesome, I have connected to a flying j 8 miles from my house. I would recommend this to anybody. Setup was a breeze. I use the Alfa Networks 1 watt AWUSO36H with this antenna, works flawlessly side by side. Excellent Excellent Item.
on February 14, 2015
Worked real good, hooked it up and got around 60 channels mainly from Chicago and I am 60 miles west, not its fault that several were Spanish and home shopping but they came in clear
on January 15, 2012
I check reviews on everything before I buy it. This was definitely not a disappointment. Works great with a Linksys!
on January 12, 2011
I guess this antenna might work good for some and not for others. For my application, getting wifi from open networks this antenna did no better than my cantenna. Yes, it sees more networks. But who cares how many networks any antenna sees, it's all about connecting. I'm sure this antenna is great for line of site applications.

My cantenna works way better and is smaller for indoor use. Find a can that is 3" to 5" in diameter, at least 6" long and drill a hole about 2"-3" from the rear of the can and stick a 2" standard stubby antenna inside. Hot glue it in place and presto, you'll have an amazing antenna.

Again, the above antenna is huge, well built, and well worth the price. I'm one that finds it interesting to try different kinds of antennas. So far my homemade cantennas work the best for me.
on March 23, 2016
Delivered early, works great!
on January 5, 2012
Before buying this antenna, I never actually heard of the company who made it so I didn't know what to expect. The limited reviews didn't help in that regard either. Needless to say I needed a parabolic grid antenna and this one seemed like it would fit the bill.

The actual antenna seems to be fairly decent quality. The paint didn't chip when I put it together, or for the about half year I have had it. (Yea, I am a bit late in writing this review.) As for any noticeable difference from my previous antenna, it seems to perform a bit better than our other parabolic grid antenna. (Unknown brand) The pigtail from the antenna is fairly good quality, it uses a thicker cable which is fairly durable.

In the time it has been outside, which is about half a year, there has been no signs of damage whatsoever. Which is a good compliment, since during that time lightning struck near it and nearly fried my computer, but the antenna and its workings remained unharmed. Fried my Ubiquiti and blew up the POE adapter for it though.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.