AIRCARE 831000 Space-Saver, White Whole House Evaporative Humidifier 2700 sq. ft
|Sale:||$109.99 & FREE Shipping|
Discount Provided by Amazon.
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||14 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Automatically Shuts Off When Desired Humidity Level is Reached or When Unit is Empty
- Trapmax Filter Technology with Protection
- Check Filter and Water Refill Indicators
- Easy to Use Pour-in-Fill.Voltage:120 V
- Digital Controls with Auto Humidistat. The maximum run time is 70 hours and the capacity is 6 gallons
Customer ratings by feature
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
AIRCARE 831000 Evaporative Humidifier
With a large reservoir and extended run time, this humidifier is a customer favorite. Casters make the humidifier easy to move once filled. It has three fan speeds, an adjustable humidistat, refill indicator, and check filter indicator.
- Protects your family from flu virus: Centers for Disease Control testing has shown that relative humidity levels of 43% or more reduces the ability for the flu virus to survive.
- Reduces static electricity: eliminate annoying static shocks and protect your investment in your home electronics.
- Nurtures well-being: soothes a scratchy throat, dry skin and eyes, and alleviates allergy symptoms.
- Nourishes your furnishings: hydrate your fine wood and leather furnishings, reduce creaking wooden floors.
Benefits of Humidification
The Sweet Spot
If some sour notes are coming from your piano or guitar, you might be missing something other than musical talent. Some instruments require humidity to retain their proper shape, strength and sound. Utilizing an AIRCARE humidifier and hygrometer, you can maintain the 40 to 60% humidity level recommended to keep the music playing.
Save Energy and Money
Dry air sheds heat easily driving up your heating bill. Releasing moisture into the air via an AIRCARE humidifier can help. By adding water molecules to the air, you help increase your home’s heat retention while allowing you to reduce the temp on your thermostat. Some Department of Energy studies show you can save around 3% on your energy bill for every 1-2 degrees you reduce your thermostat.
For the Love of Dog
Hate suffering from dry skin? So do our four-legged friends. Dry indoor air can cause pet skin to become itchy and flakey, and while scratching may relieve their discomfort, it increases ours by sending hair and dander flying into the air. Show them some love by adding healthy, clean water vapor into the air with an AIRCARE humidifier while trapping airborne dust and dander in our humidifier wicks and filters.
Evaporative humidifiers are a great solution for adding much needed humidity to dry air in the home. By raising indoor relative humidity levels to 43% or above, 86% of airborne virus particles are rendered powerless. Maintaining proper humidity levels also helps treat flu and allergy symptoms by soothing dryness, itchiness, and irritation in the nose, nasal passages, sinuses, mouth, throat, and eyes. Many people think pet hair is the cause of allergies, but in reality, the cause of allergens from pets is actually from their dander. Adding moisture to the air reduces pet dander and other airborne allergens. Evaporative Humidification not only produces comfortable/healthy air, it is also an extremely effective way to save money on energy cost. Adding humidity to the air allows you to remain comfortable at lower thermostat settings. "The rule of thumb is that you can save about 3% on your heating bill for every degree that you set back your thermostat," says Bill Prindle, deputy director for the non-profit American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. This means evaporative humidification could save you up to 20% on your energy bill. WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including benzene which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Compare with similar items
AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, White
Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier with Adjustable Humidistat and 3 Speeds
LEVOIT Humidifiers for Large Room Bedroom (6L), Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Air Vaporizer for Home Whole House Babies, Customized Humidity, Remote Control, Whisper-Quiet, White
AIRCARE 4DTS 900 Whole House Console Evaporative Humidifier for 3600 sq. ft. - Silver
AIRCARE H12600, Copper Night Digital Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
|Sold By||AIRCARE AUTHORIZED||AIRCARE AUTHORIZED||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||AIRCARE AUTHORIZED||AIRCARE AUTHORIZED|
|Item Dimensions||17.5 x 12.5 x 22.5 inches||14.5 x 21.5 x 20.5 inches||10.5 x 19.5 x 13.5 inches||11.3 x 7 x 10.5 inches||13.25 x 27 x 21.5 inches||13.75 x 21.75 x 23.5 inches|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. They were never putting enough humidity in the air.
2. They all had small tanks for water and needed frequent refill.
3. Also all of them required distilled water because tab water or RO water would leave white crystal dust on the furniture, windows and all around the house.
4. They also needed frequent cleaning
We tried many. Seven or eight in 10 years.
I also looked at entire house humidifier that connect to your water supply but the cost was the reason. 1700 Square feet house and $1800 humidifier. So I kept searching till I did not discover this type of humidifier.
We have it in the house for about a month and are very happy with it. There are a few good and bad things about it.
It takes 5 gallons of tap water so refill is not so frequent
Every 24-30 hours and we keep it on slowest speed for fan.
Water evaporates naturally without use of any hot or cold mist so it does not leave any white crystal dust throughout house.
It looks ok and it’s got his wheels so it is easy to move around.
It keeps our house that is 1700 ft.² at 30 to 40% humidity and it is big difference. We are also running it on lowest speed for the fan and it is the quietest.( for those they are looking for a super quiet fan this is not one and I think you will never find one as long as it’s got the fan that moves the air. Faster it goes more noise it produces it is just logical) We are all fine with it.
Very cheap materials used to build it. But hey for $100 what do you expect.
Top buttons for the fan operation humidity control and on and off button are the same size and if you’re standing up you can tell them apart. So you my push few till you figure out which is the one for the speed of the fan or humidity. That is also till you don’t get used to it and you know which one is for which operation.
For closure I am stating that this is the best product for what we needed and the price. I am ordering one for my parents and they will get it as a Christmas gift. This is also one of my longest reviews and I hope you find it helpful.
1. It takes up very little space, has wheels and is easy to move.
2. It was very easy to assemble.
3. It has a large, six gallon tank, so I only have to refill it every 2-4 days depending on the outside humidity (Note: I only run it on the 45% humidity and lowest fan speed settings. Obviously, it will require more frequent refills if you run it at a higher humidity and/or fan speed).
3. It's very easy to refill. You just take off the small front grill, and dump in water. I'm using two empty gallon milk jugs for refills. I fill one in the sink, then start filling the other. I dump the first one. By the time I get back to the sink, the second jug is full, and repeat...it takes about 5 minutes to do a full 6 gallon refill.
4. The control buttons are very simple to use, and it tells you on the display when it needs a refill.
5. The filter is very easy to install and will last for an entire winter season.
6. Unlike other humidifiers, it does NOT require regular cleaning during the season due to its simple and efficient design (Note: I add humidistat solution to the water every 2-3 refills to kill bacteria/mold buildup in the water tank as a precaution. You can buy this at places such as Walmart).
7. I live in a modest, 1200 sq. ft. rancher, and this humidifier easily keeps our house comfortably humidified; however, I also run a small, one gallon humidifier in our bedroom at night because we keep our door closed.
8. The fan is very quiet on the lowest speed setting.
For multistory houses or houses with much more square footage, I would recommend one of these on each floor and/or in opposing ends of the house.
1. The fan sound is quite loud on the medium and high settings; however, I've learned from years of experience that the best speed to run the fan on any humidifier is on low. It's quieter, saves water, and your house will get humidified steadily and just as effectively.
In addition, there's really no need to set the humidity level above 45-50%. That is a healthy humidity level, and anything higher is a waste of water.
I highly recommend buying this product!!
I called tech support, after waiting 15min to get to someone, I got someone who didn't know the product well at all. She explained I inserted the float foam turn 90 degrees in the wrong direction which was causing it to stick on not engage the switch under the fan cover. I directed her to look at the photo instructions that came in box to explain I did it as the photos showed. She then noted her instructions were not like those of mine in the box and she couldn't help further.
I asked her for a different tech, she refused to get one.
I asked her for a supervisor, she put me on hold. 5 min later I got voicemail for a supervisor - I think - left a message. I have not heard back. I believe the problem was my "floater" stick was warped, so I straightened is reinstalled it. It seems to be working now.
Thes unites are cheaply made and poorly designed. Working properly should not depend on "precise" assembly by the consumer. The unites are way overpriced in my opinion and should be priced under $50. The on board humidity gauge is completely inaccurate. The fan is terribly loud when used at speed 2 or 3!
Think twice about buying from this company!
Top reviews from other countries
First off, filling this thing is so much easier than my last unit. I just take a pitcher filled with tap water, and dump it in. It's that easy and makes me wish I had bought a "top-fill" unit ages ago. As for the speed settings, low (1) is pretty quiet and seems to be able to keep my humidity level at around 37% which is good for my place. I fill the water daily, but I believe it would last about 2 days before going empty on this setting. The 2nd setting is a little useless as it's quite loud, so you may as well use the the setting (3) which is a little louder, but barely and works better. I personally set the humidity to 45%, and it's able to keep up as long as I keep it filled with water. I'd say the full tank lasts about 24hrs on this setting. It does turn off once it hits 45%, but it doesn't turn off very often, so I think 45% is somewhat maxing out it's capabilities for my home. If I set it to 50% it would likely always stay on, and maybe go up to 47%-ish. Anyways, I have it on (3) when I'm not in the same room, and (1) when I am. My humidity level is always between a healthy 35-45% as a result, which I am happy with.
Overall my only complain is that it's white and doesn't fit my decor at all. I can live with that as long as it keep working though.
Il y a 2 irritants. Le premier est relatif au montage. Il faut insérer des roulettes dans des orifices prévus à cet effet. Je n'ai pas pu les enfoncer toutes à la même profondeur de sorte que l'appareil n'est pas totalement d'aplomb sur le plancher.
Le 2e irritant a trait au remplissage. J'utilise un seau pour ajouter environ 8 litres à la fois. Cela demande une certaine force pour verser l'eau délicatement sans en mettre sur le plancher. Il faut ABSOLUMENT respecter le niveau maximum parce qu'il y a un petit trou pour évacuer le trop-plein.
Reviewed in Canada on March 5, 2018