Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, White
- Console-style humidifier for a whole house up to 3600 square feet
- Digital humidistat automatically maintains your desired humidity level with digital accuracy
- Automatically shuts off when desired humidity level is reached or when unit is empty
- Easy to clean - evaporative wick traps mineral deposits, smooth operation - no belts, pulleys or wheels.Voltage:120 V
- Assembled dimension: 20.5(H) x 21.5(W) x 14.5 (l) in
- NOTE:Kindly refer to the user manual provided as a PDF manual in the product description section
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
AIRCARE Console Evaporative Humidifier, MA1201
This evaporative humidifier from AIRCARE is sure to complement any decor. It has an easy single bottle design. This humidifier works to add invisible moisture to your environment by moving dry air through a saturated wick filter.
Benefits of Humidication
Evaporative humidifiers are a great solution for adding much needed humidity to dry indoor air. By raising indoor relative humidity levels to 43% or above, 86% of airborne flu virus particles are rendered powerless. Maintaining proper humidity levels also helps treat allergy symptoms by soothing dryness, itchiness, and irritation in the nose, nasal passages, sinuses, mouth, throat, and eyes. Many people think pet hair is the cause of allergies, but in reality, the cause of allergens from pets is actually from their dander. Adding moisture to the air reduces pet dander and other airborne allergens. Properly humidified environments can decrease or eliminate static electricity, reducing the chance of damage to sensitive electronic equipment like laptops, desktop computers, tablets, TV’s, stereo systems, etc. Evaporative Humidification not only produces comfortable/healthy air, it is also an extremely effective way to save money on energy cost. Adding humidity to the air allows you to remain comfortable at lower thermostat settings. 'The rule of thumb is that you can save about 3% on your heating bill for every degree that you set back your thermostat,' says Bill Prindle, deputy director for the non-profit American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. This means evaporative humidification could save you up to 10% on your energy bill.
- Up to 3,600 sq. ft. coverage.
- Up to 36 hours of runtime.
- 3.6 gallon tank capacity.
- Digital display
- 4 fan speeds with auto mode.
- Customizable humidity settings and auto shutoff.
- Refill and check filter indicator.
- Casters for easy mobility.
- Single bottle design
- Built in USA of domestic and imported parts.
- ETL approved
|HD1409||H12600||4DTS 900||4DTS 300||MA1201|
|Square Foot Coverage||Up to 4,000 sq. ft.||Up to 3,700 sq. ft||Up to 3,600 sq. ft||Up to 3,600 sq. ft||Up to 3,600 sq. ft.|
|Runtime||Up to 55 hours||Up to 45 hours||Up to 48 hours||Up to 48 hours||Up to 36 hours|
|Tank Capacity||5 gallons||5.4 gallons||5.7 gallons||5.7 gallons||3.6 gallons|
|Customizable Humidity Settings||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Refill & Check Filter Indicator||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Water Bottle Filling||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
MA1201 Features: -High density wick included. -Style: Console. -Variable three speed motor with quiet night time setting. -Auto shut off. -Check filter and water refill indicators. -Uses dual easy fill water bottles with refill hose. Product Type: -Humidifier. Finish: -White. Number of Items Included: -3. Wheels Included: -Yes. Filter Required: -Yes. Control Type: -Electronic. Portable: -Yes. Room Size: -3600 Square Feet. Country of Manufacture: -United States. Filter Indicator: -Yes. Generic Specifications: -Uses MAF1 replacement wicks. -Humidifies 3600 square feet. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -21.5". Overall Width - Side to Side: -23.5". Overall Depth - Front to Back: -16.5". Filter: -Yes. Cord Length: -60". Overall Product Weight: -13.5 lbs. Filter Height - Top to Bottom: -8". Filter Depth - Front to Back: -1". WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including benzene which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have to say that I personally love this machine, there are so many benefits to this I don't know where to start
(1) Automatic humidity level that will keep the room at the desired humidity level I selected.
(2) 3.6 gallon water capacity that is very impressive for a mobile unit that can be transferred to wherever you want to locate it.
(3) The output rate on this is the most impressive for me, I set it at 50% humidity and it quietly keeps my room there without a sweat, like nothing to this machine.
(4) The air quality is unmistakable when you walk into the room, I feel as if I stepped into a wholesome atmosphere that is totally amazing and makes me wish I had bought this machine 40 years ago :)
(5) The unit is very elastically nice to look at and not at all a eye sore
(6) The digital display continuously displays the room humidity, I also have a indoor/outdoor temp unit that has the indoor humidity display but this is very nice to see working on the machine at all times
(7) Set up is a breeze
(8) This unit is worth every penny but the health benefits are not measurable in dollars and for that I really recommend this machine.
(9) I easily go through 1 1/2 gallons overnight so you can gain a idea of how dry the forced hot air in my room makes the air quality without this machine (a total dessert)
(10) The water tank refills the main water storage area automatically (makes a little gurgle that is fine with me, it lets me know that there is water left in the refill tank) if the company put a air intake on the refill tank this would not happen but I would never give this unit up for anything (gurgle noise included) it works and works on a very impressive level of output and vary much a high end unit that fits my needs perfectly.
(11) To sum up my review "This company got it right"
- Keep the reservoir full! When the reservoir runs out of water, the pad dries up and mold/mildew appears quickly and stinks up the house. We find the pads last for a few months (maybe 3 on average).
- The Kenmore brand pads sold at Sears and Kmart work with this model and are often cheaper.
- Only clean the reservoir with vinegar! If you use a bleach or ammonia based product they will evaporate into the air and could be breathed in.
- Don't use the automatic fan feature. We found that the humidity sensor is very sensitive in our unit and when the fan was set to automatic our humidifier was constantly chasing humidity levels by turning the fan to the max (level 4). The fan on level 4 is very loud and will wake you up.
Hope this helps!
Update: I don't think this is not the fault of this particular product and is just the nature of wick humidfiers, but the wick very rapidly aquired mold. My point being, that if you are sensitive, this kind of machine will be extremely expensive to maintain, as you will have to buy wicks constantly. Unless you buy the bacteria guard---however, if you're sensitive you won't want to be inhaling that either. I did find this suggestion on a forum (the woman also cleans the machine everyday which is beyond my level of willingness):" I have resorted to buying three wicks (my humidifier takes one wick) and rotating them out during my daily cleaning regimen which will allow each wick to fully dry out before returning to use which seems to knock out any of the fungal growth."
Top reviews from other countries
This unit does put out a large quantity of water through the course of a day. So much so for me that it needs filling twice during a cold Canadian winter day. It will get to a humidity level you set it to [ in the area around the unit].
In my case I probably should have bought an in-furnace whole house humidifier but didn't want the extra expenditure of that equip./ installation. I am trying to humidify air in a 3,175sq.ft. house + basement [with furnace fan constant on].
My use is too limited at this time to judge required filter replacement interval or longevity.
Overall quality seems fine.
- Too noisy on the high (3rd) fan speed
- At one point, the top of the filter was dirty and dry with mineral deposits and the unit was not producing humidity but the filter replacement indicator did not show. I turned the filter upside-down and got the unit to produce humidity again. After a few days, the replace filter indicator did show up. The filter looked pretty dirty and I replaced it.
- Contrary to what's advertised, even on fan speed 1, the unit needs to be refilled in less than 24 hours (not the advertised 36 hours).