BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 97 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 105 reviews
on April 16, 2015
The following review is for a combination of items I purchased the same day.

After much research I found the following combination of items to meet my needs. I wanted a big enough air compressor to drive an air impact wrench which would take my lug nuts off and be handy for smaller chores.

I’m very much satisfied with my purchase. I’ve read horror stories whereby people buy air tools & compressor only to find they need to manually remove lug nuts. I would’ve been extremely disappointed with that kind of investment.

With that said, the air impact wrench can easily take off my lug nuts for both my car and SUV. The ratchet works well for smaller jobs such as removing bolts for my brake calipers, shocks and can fit in a reasonable opening. It has some bulk to it but I can find myself using it for many other automotive tasks. The hose I bought works fine. Not sure how to write a review on it as it delivers air to the tools just fine.

I bought an attachment to inflate my pool pillows in the fall and pool floats in the spring. Now I can enjoy a beer without getting winded. I bought the air impact sockets from Lowes, since they were cheap enough. By and far, this was a worthwhile investment. I’m looking forward to purchasing other air tools.

Here's the list of the stuff purchased on Amazon that met my needs listed above.
- Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 HP Air Compressor
- Aircat ACR802R 3/8-Inch Ratchet, Large
- AIRCAT 1000-TH 1/2-Inch Composite Air Impact Wrench With Twin Hammer Mechanism
- Goodyear EP 46501 3/8-Inch by 25-Feet 250 PSI Rubber Air Hose with 1/4-Inch MNPT Ends
on November 20, 2013
Had it for two or three months now. Still in one piece. I now use my tried and true snap on gun as my back up until I get it rebuilt. Bearings in it are making noise. This gun is strong. I work at a Volvo Mack dealer and it will remove lug nuts torqued to 600 ft-lbs in a heartbeat. It will also tighten them to that. Tested it with a torque wrench. Didn't feel like grabbing the multiplier so I called it a day there. As far as I'm concerned it has at least 600 ft-lbs of twist in both directions. So for the money it is a great buy. This thing is quite as hell. My old Mac 3/8 gun is louder than it by far. Takes some getting used too. Durability wise I can't say anything on it so far as I have only had it for a bit.
Pros: powerful, quite as hell, rebuild kits can be purchased and done by you, bang for your buck, assembled in USA
Cons: bulky, not enough warranty as far as I'm concerned, biggest con trigger difficult to feather really explosive watch them digits you will only do it once haha.....or thrice smh

will by again for sure in need of a 1/4 & 3/8 air ratchet and another 3/8 gun and they will be air cat
on May 26, 2017
This is a good wrench I wonder if the 1150 Torque Killer would have made a difference, this seems to handle almost anything except a pinch bolt that needed to be torched out. There's more to removing rusty and stuck bolts than just the amount of torque you can put on the head. If you know that then this tool should serve really well. I love how fast it gets the wheels off my car, zip zip zip zip zip lugs done.
on April 29, 2016
I use this 5 days a week as a tech at a dealership. It is basically a generic carbon-copy previous-generation MacTools 1/2". Very powerful, good feel and control. Lightweight, and most importantly QUIET. Short term verdict, I'd absolutely recommend it.

I'll let you all know if it lasts as long as the IR it replaced - that one lasted 5 years.
on December 16, 2011
This is a great impact wrench with a lot of grunt for the money.

Backstory- I needed to remove an axle nut, but I had the front end 50% disassembled, strut removed, tie rod d/c'd, etc. Going after that nut with a breaker bar was futile. I ran down to Sears, picked up an upper-mid level impact gun, priced comparably to this one, and ran home.

I attached the wrench to my air line (no oiler installed), set the outlet pressure to 85psi and tackled that nut. The wrench did nothing but hemorrhage oil - a lot of it. Oil was dripping off the socket, the gun, and my hands, yet the nut was no looser for it. It was pathetic. Needless to say, I returned the POS.

Next, I turned to Amazon and reviewd my options. At a claimed 1000 ft/lbs of torgue, this seemed to be a good choice and offerred the most backbone for the $$$. Never-the-less, I was skeptical.

Well it arrived last night and today on my lunch hour I again attacked that nut, and the 1000-TH spun it right off. No sweat.
on March 6, 2012
Glad I didn't waste my money on a more expensive model, as other reviewers stated, this is the only one you will need. If you can't get it off with this wrench then someone way over torqued the nut. Gone are the days of hand rotating tires, did a complete tire rotation on my car in 10 minutes and without the resulting back pain the next day.

I had a little trouble with one lug nut on my car, but cranked up the output PSI on my 20 gallon husky compressor and off it came. It is very quiet and I almost wish it were louder so that I would know for sure it was working hard, but did everything I need it for.

Seems to be pretty durable, heavy enough to seem sturdy, and the materials seem to be of high quality.

The only thing I wish it came with is a hard plastic case like many electric drills come in for storage, other than that I'd recommend to anyone.
on July 1, 2013
The only thing I have to compare to this is my 1/2 inch electric craftsman, and this thing out powers it by a landslide.

Its light, and smaller than I thought it would be, so that was a huge plus, seems smaller than my dad's IR all metal impact.

This impact has done the job on everything I have worked on so far, brakes, lug nuts, shocks.

However, it did not work on two 24mm bolts holding the front strut to the knuckle on a vehicle (worked on one side of the vehicle, not the other). Those two bolts that this impact could not loosen I had to use a breaker with a 5' pipe extender, so they were pretty seized on there. When those two bolts didn't come free from this impact I was thinking, "I knew I should have gotten the more powerful one", but this gun should work on 90% of what I do to cars.

I would certainly buy this Aircat 1000-TH again, good value, good power, lightweight, feels comfortable in my hand, controls are easy to understand. Plus this tool makes me very happy, and that is pretty important.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
Awesome power! I bought this gun for a tough timing belt job. One of those main pully nut that won't give even with a six foot cheater bar. Piece of cake. This gun is nicely made. Small enough to fit in tight space. The grip is quite comfortable. The air exhaust at the handle is cleverly designed. It's quiet and very powerful even at 75 psi air pressure, a little shy of the recommended 90 psi. No big deal but it would be nicer if the manufacturer includes a small tube of good air tool oil for you to jump right into the action with it. The details part schematic is very good. Feel like a NashCar tire changer when it spun the lug nut right of the wheel in one quick burst. Really love it. Now let see how long will it last. Having a good feeling about it thought.
on April 15, 2013
I used this gun to remove the front halfshaft axle nut without completely unbending the locknut and it worked. Also, I brought my car to a local mechanic to replace the tires and he couldnt remove one of wheel nuts with his gun. I brought the car home and hit it with the gun for few second. the cover of the nut came off. I hit it in few more seconds the nut came off. My air compressor tank is Craftman 26 gallons.
on June 6, 2016
Good product. As expected. Fast shipping as always with Prime.