Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 108 reviews
on December 13, 2010
I have a one ton Dodge boom truck with a flat. I have an impact wrench that will loosen most everything I have attempted to loosen except for the lug nuts on the Dodge truck. I borrowed a friends and his wouldn't loosen the lug nuts. So I began my research for a new one that would do the job. I settled on the Aircat 1000th. The reveiws indicated it would bust nuts. I bought two. It wouldn't budge the nut. I tried it once and was dissatified. Attempted to return the two and was informed that I couldn't return the one I had used even though it was used once. They recommended that I send it to the repair center to have it checked out. I did send the second one back and got credit. But I still have the one that does not bust nuts. I might try it on a pecan.
1010 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 23, 2018
I wouldn't have taken the time to write this much about these Aircat impacts if my crew didn't love them. We have tried many other brands and models, and it almost seems as though the more expensive and big name the wrench is, the poorer the quality and performance. We had two different high dollar well known impacts from a famous tool maker, that upon hooking them up promptly had their trigger handle blow across the driveway. After finding the pieces and reassembling them that stayed together, but within a few weeks usage got progressively weaker and the push button direction buttons on back needed to be held in place while using. After this pair of impacts, we decided to try the 1000TH units, and have used them exclusively ever since Our grain equipment assembly crew wears out an average of two high end impacts a year. The 1000-TH has become our favorite due to its incredible power, good reliability and handing. The only drawbacks it has is being a little on the heavy side, a jumpy trigger, and needs the retaining ring on shank replaced almost as frequently as the other impacts we have tried. It hold up well in our abusive environment of being occasionally dropped, dragged through mud and sand, and sometimes being subjected to pressures as high as 170 psi. Out of the over a dozen of these wrenches that we have used up, only one had an internal failure before it wore out, and it was a piece of the rotor housing chipped away harmlessly, causing to get very weak. This happen at a place where our air source was about 170 psi, enough that it ruined out pressure regulator, and we continued using the wrench at this pressure to finish the job. Usually they just get a little weaker after several months of almost continuous usage by a four man crew all day for 10 to 14 hr a day, six days a week. We then just break out a new one, which we carry as a spare in the truck at all times, then give away the old one to friends that get years of normal usage out of them afterward.
on May 26, 2017
This is a good wrench I wonder if the 1150 Torque Killer would have made a difference, this seems to handle almost anything except a pinch bolt that needed to be torched out. There's more to removing rusty and stuck bolts than just the amount of torque you can put on the head. If you know that then this tool should serve really well. I love how fast it gets the wheels off my car, zip zip zip zip zip lugs done.
on December 16, 2011
This is a great impact wrench with a lot of grunt for the money.

Backstory- I needed to remove an axle nut, but I had the front end 50% disassembled, strut removed, tie rod d/c'd, etc. Going after that nut with a breaker bar was futile. I ran down to Sears, picked up an upper-mid level impact gun, priced comparably to this one, and ran home.

I attached the wrench to my air line (no oiler installed), set the outlet pressure to 85psi and tackled that nut. The wrench did nothing but hemorrhage oil - a lot of it. Oil was dripping off the socket, the gun, and my hands, yet the nut was no looser for it. It was pathetic. Needless to say, I returned the POS.

Next, I turned to Amazon and reviewd my options. At a claimed 1000 ft/lbs of torgue, this seemed to be a good choice and offerred the most backbone for the $$$. Never-the-less, I was skeptical.

Well it arrived last night and today on my lunch hour I again attacked that nut, and the 1000-TH spun it right off. No sweat.
on March 6, 2012
Glad I didn't waste my money on a more expensive model, as other reviewers stated, this is the only one you will need. If you can't get it off with this wrench then someone way over torqued the nut. Gone are the days of hand rotating tires, did a complete tire rotation on my car in 10 minutes and without the resulting back pain the next day.

I had a little trouble with one lug nut on my car, but cranked up the output PSI on my 20 gallon husky compressor and off it came. It is very quiet and I almost wish it were louder so that I would know for sure it was working hard, but did everything I need it for.

Seems to be pretty durable, heavy enough to seem sturdy, and the materials seem to be of high quality.

The only thing I wish it came with is a hard plastic case like many electric drills come in for storage, other than that I'd recommend to anyone.
on November 20, 2017
This 1/2 impact is a beast - working in a fast paced express shop this impact will get heavy and I will use the lighter impacts provided but when trucks come in or I know a lug or bolt is going to be tight I grab this impact and know it will take it off - recommended for slow work environment and heavy duty lug or bolt removal
on May 29, 2017
Used 4 x , no complaints yet .
on May 18, 2017
Nice lightweight gun.
on June 11, 2016
I love it it is light and very powerful air gun, it removed lug-nuts out of my Toyota van very easy, it felt good and sounds good I am happy with it.
on October 20, 2009
I'm very happy with this tool. Far better quality than the low cost brands and at least $100 cheaper than other big name tools not to mention how quiet it is. Feel like I can use this on the weekends with out disturbing my neighbors.

Update Jan 19, 2017
Still going strong and still happy I purchased it.