Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on July 3, 2013
Not a hands on review!

Had a hard time deciding between the 1200-K and 1150 Aircat Impacts. Both are excellent guns that equal with other top guns on the market based on user reviews. Both are rebuild-able by user, have very similar torque figures (Max. Torque 1,295 ft-lbs), are relatively quiet 86db compared to other top guns on market, have 2 yr warranties, weight about 4.5 lbs, and are about half the cost of other top guns on the market. At the time I wrote this the 1150 was about $14 more (not much difference).

So I did some research and called the company and came up with the following.

1200-K NitroCat 1200-K 1/2-Inch Kevlar Composite Air Impact Wrench With Twin Clutch Mechanism
-slower hits per minute 950.
-better gun for loosening stuck bolts. (per phone call with company)
-slightly lower reliability (per phone call with company)
-Working Torque: 200-900 (ft-lbs)
-uses 5w-30 motor oil for lubrication
-gray main body
-4.0 CFM at 90-120 PSI

1150 AIRCAT 1150 Killer Torque 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench, Black
-more hits per minute 1400 (faster)
-more for general use (per phone call with company)
-higher reliability (per phone call with company)
-Working Torque: 200-950 (ft-lb)
-uses Lithium or bearing grease for lubrication
-black main body
-4.3 CFM at 90-120 PSI

Hope this helps with anyone trying to decide.
I need to get some stuck bolts out and am going with the 1200k. Hope it works.
2121 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 5, 2017
I researched a lot of air impacts before finally purchasing this one. It was definitely not the cheapest. This air impact is smooth and powerful! I've only used it once so far, but WOW! Now I'm looking to raplace all of my initial "entry level" air tools with AirCat tools!
on September 29, 2017
Great touque and excellent for mechanics needing some extra ft/lbs. only notice some weeping of oil in the front of tool after 30 hours of work. Not sure if it’s a serious issue maybe only because I oil my tools every time I use them on vehicles.
on January 4, 2015
I have only used this on wheels so far, but it zaps off lugs torqued to 80 foot pounds without any issue. Of course it should handle this low torque, but the wrench has the potential to handle much more I am sure. Before purchasing this impact, I considered the Ingersoll Rand 231C, but went for this one instead. I have not held the 231C, and I am sure it is also a nice gun, but the grip on the AirCat is excellent. The 231C's grip looks kinda cheesy, but the design on the 231C is a bit antiquated compared to the AirCat.

I did a lot of research on Garage Journal Forum about impacts. Many people recommend the Snap On MG725 etc, but these are way above my budget and considering price to performance, and for my needs as a weekend hobbyist, the AirCat fits the bill nicely. Do the same research I did, but if you work on cars on the weekends, I have no doubt, that this impact will handle anything you need it for. You can feel the quality, and it is a pure joy to use.

If you have an air compressor and are considering your first impact, skip the cordless for now and buy this.
on December 21, 2017
Save the money buying this excellent tool. Superior quality for the fraction of price of way more expensive Snap On and Matco tools. 900 ft/lbs torque is adjustable 3 stage power with full power in reverse mode. Very quiet for the size and application of the tool.
on December 27, 2017
Its an ok impact, but there is no way that this thing generates 1100 ft-lbs of torque. It struggled to remove the lug nuts on my truck when I first got it. I originally blamed that on my dying air compressor and didn't think to much of it. New air compressor and the problem remains. Maybe I got a dud, but i am not impressed.
on August 4, 2017
Got this as a birthday present for my husband. He loves it! Has said so many times since March when I got it for him. If you are a wife looking for the "right" impact wrench for your husband - this one is it!
on June 2, 2017
This is my first impact wrench so my experience is limited but I used it in the removal of the front support brackets on my car and it made short work of the rusty bolts. Seems to be well built with plenty of torque.
on August 11, 2017
This is an excellent impact for a great price. I bought it to replace a 10+ year old truck rebranded IR. It holds its own well against the newest IR that a coworker has for a fraction of the cost. I bought the protective bot for it as well and it fits as expected.
on April 8, 2015
This gun is GREAT!
The Aircat 1150 is light, strong and they're right, it is quiet. The impact was delivered in just 2 days and I loved it the minute I put it to work. I recommend this one to anyone in the auto repair field, especially those in the dealership environment. The low level of noise is a real benefit for me at the Ford dealership as we try to maintain a quiet professional look-she fits right in. Just today I saw the gun put up 184 ft-lbs with a 1/2 in swivel and a socket on it. Not too shabby for going around corners. I was impressed. You'll love the Aircat 1150.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.