Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AIRMEGA 300S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier ..." and save 35% off the $749.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
AIRMEGA 300S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier (Covers 1256 sq. ft.), Compatible with Alexa
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Smart mode (auto-speed, Eco)
- App. Enabled for iOS, android (speed control, indoor air Quality monitor and report, outdoor air Quality monitor, filter life-time monitor, Scheduler, etc.)
- Real time air Quality monitoring system
- Filter Life time indicator. Filter : Washable pre-filter + Max2 filter set (Activated carbon + Green True HEPA)
- Room coverage: up to 1, 256 sq. Ft
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The most advanced air purifier, Airmega, was developed by Coway, a company known for creating health-minded technologies.
Covers up to 1,560 square feet(400S) / 1,256 square feet(300S)
- Covers up to 1,560 square feet(400S) / 1,256 square feet(300S)
- MAX2 Filter Set: Green True HEPA (removes up to 99.97% of allergen, molds, and fine dust) + Activated Carbon (removes up to 99% of VOCs and odor)
- The filter lifespan indicator will tell you when it’s time to change the Max2 Filter. Airmega gauges the lifespan of our filters are based on usage, not time.
- Note: Based on normal air and operating conditions. The actual lifespan of the Max2 Filter will be determined by indoor air quality and operation of the unit.
The Airmega mobile app, available for the 400S and 300S, gives you the ability to monitor the air quality inside your home, see the status of the filters, schedule the timer, and even receive real-time outdoor air quality updates. (Wi-Fi router frequency band 2.4GHz required).
Real-time Air Quality Monitoring
Airmega’s air quality sensor tells you the quality of the air in the room in real time. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know if your air is fresh or unhealthy every minute of the day.
Auto: Airmega’s Smart Mode automatically adjusts the air filtration speed according to the room’s current air quality.
Eco: When the air quality remains good for 10 minutes or more, Airmega conserves energy by shutting down the fan. If the sensor detects pollution in the air, the fan will restart automatically.
Sleep(400S): When set on Smart Mode, Airmega’s light sensor detects when it’s dark and the air purifier automatically reduces its fan speed so it runs much quieter. (Sleep mode can be activated by manual for 300S).
- For more information, visit the website.
|Airmega 400S||Airmega 400||Airmega 300S||Airmega 300|
|App & Alexa||Yes(IOS, Android)||N/A||Yes(IOS, Android)||N/A|
|Coverage||1,560 sq. ft.||1,560 sq. ft.||1,256 sq. ft.||1,256 sq. ft.|
|Filters||Washable Pre-Filter+Max2 Filter Set(Activated Carbon+Green True HEPA)||Washable Pre-Filter+Max2 Filter Set(Activated Carbon+Green True HEPA)||Washable Pre-Filter+Max2 Filter Set(Activated Carbon+Green True HEPA)||Washable Pre-Filter+Max2 Filter Set(Activated Carbon+Green True HEPA)|
|Pollution Indicator||Yes (4 Levels)||Yes (4 Levels)||Yes (4 Levels)||Yes (4 Levels)|
|Filter Life Time Indicator||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fan Speed / Timer||Sleep, Low, Medium, High / Application(1, 2, 4, 8 Hr) + Scheduler||Sleep, Low, Medium, High / Product(1, 4, 8 Hr)||Sleep, Low, Medium, High / Application(1, 2, 4, 8 Hr) + Scheduler||Sleep, Low, Medium, High / Product(1, 4, 8 Hr)|
|Color Option||White or Graphite||White or Graphite||White||White|
The most advanced air purifier developed by Coway. Air mega is a connected air purifier, that intelligently, effectively and quietly cleans the air in your home. Its dual-filtration system removes 99.97percent of particulate matter from the air, while the accompanying air mega mobile app (IOS and Android) allows you to monitor and manage air quality from almost anywhere.
Compare with similar items
AIRMEGA 400 The Smarter Air Purifier (Covers 1560 sq. ft.)
Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode
Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology
Hamilton Beach TrueAir Allergen-Reducing Ultra Quiet Air Cleaner Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter and Specialized Odor Reducing Filter for Pets (04384)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||13.6 x 13.6 x 21.2 in||14.8 x 14.8 x 22.8 in||9.57 x 16.81 x 18.31 in||9.9 x 16.5 x 21.9 in||8.08 x 10.84 x 16.43 in|
|Item Weight||21.4 lbs||24.7 lbs||12.35 lbs||24.29 lbs||6.3 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
[*** Airmega Purifier Review ***]
A couple of months ago, I picked up a small Levoit Air Purifier (Found Here) for my workshop and realized how big of a difference they make.
After settling on a Coway AP-1512HH Air Purifier (Found Here) in our master bedroom - I was completely shocked at the difference it made to my seasonal cedar allergies! For the first time in a decade, I wake up feeling completely symptom free every day - which makes that purifier worth every penny.
As I was looking for a filter to cover our main living area, I realized the Coway wasn't going to offer nearly enough coverage - so I decided to take a chance on the 400S, even though it was significantly higher cost.
Here are the things we like about this Airmega 400S:
1) It has excellent airflow. They say it can clear out a 1560 sq ft room twice an hour - which works out to 416 CFM. Considering the price, that's pretty impressive.
2) There are 2 filters that are both nice and thick - and they're rated for a year of use. Each filter contains 3/4 Lbs of carbon (in addition to the HEPA filter) - so this purifier contains 1.5 Lbs of carbon total. Once again, pretty respectable considering the price.
3) This is virtually silent on level 1, audible (but still quiet) on level 2, and noticeably loud on level 3. Keep in mind that you do need to be on the highest setting if you want to get the full 416 CFM capacity.
4) One of the biggest selling points for me was the scheduling - and that works great! Since this isn't in our bedroom, we're running it on the highest setting at night, on medium during the day, and then on low in the evening when we're all in the room.
- It wasn't clear when I was researching, but you CAN schedule the Smart Mode using the mobile app if you want to
- Even with the scheduler, the Airmega purifier will chime every time the setting changes (so if you have it change from Low to Medium at 2AM - you're going to hear a chime...)
- You can turn the light on and off from the mobile app, but you can't schedule it. Once again, this will matter more if you want to keep the Airmega purifier in your bedroom.
5) It's definitely subjective; but, I think this purifier looks great.
6) The air monitor is pretty cool as a gee-wiz feature. It's kind of eye opening to see what kinds of things stir up or introduce pollutants in the house.
My biggest complaint with the Airmega is their Smart Mode. Personally, I want the filter to always be running - but I do like the option of adjusting the fan speed based on environmental conditions during some times of the day. The problem is Smart Mode does turn the purifier completely off, and it happens pretty quickly (even when set to the most sensitive setting).
If you're using this to just filter out occasional smells or smoke - then Smart Mode may be OK. If you want to balance airflow with sound levels during some times of the day, then Smart Mode would be better if it could be configured with a minimum speed.
If you plan to put this Airmega in your bedroom, there are some additional things to keep in mind:
1) The lights are pretty bright, and they can't be turned on or off with the schedule. That leaves a couple of options: you can constantly turn them on and off; or, you can just leave them off (but then you lose any environmental feedback)
2) There is a chime whenever the mode changes. This isn't a big deal during the day; but, it would definitely wake me up if the schedule changed at 2AM...
Personally, I couldn't be happier with this air purifier - and recommend it highly. (Even after the frustrating setup experience.)
[*** Android App Setup ***]
After opening up the Airmega and plugging it in, I immediately installed the Android app and started the setup process. I was nervous after reading all the reviews about troubles people were having; but, the process actually started out pretty smooth.
Unfortunately, 3 hours later - and after an unproductive call to tech support, I still hadn't connected successfully...
Regardless, the problem turned out to be how Android automatically switches from a connection without Internet access to a 'good' connection. Here is how I dealt with the issue:
1) Open your WiFi settings and disable the 'Auto Reconnect' feature for ALL the WiFi networks you use that are in range.
- On my S8, I swiped from the top and held down on the wi-fi icon
- I tapped each network I wanted to configure, then unchecked the 'Auto reconnect' option
2) It should be off by default, but you should verify the 'Smart network switch' setting is disabled under the WiFi advanced settings
3) Make sure you are connected to a 2.4GHz network (this is important since the Airmega does NOT support 5GHz)
4) Now go through the Airmega setup steps and it will connect very quickly - their setup is pretty intuitive
5) When you're done, don't forget to re-enable the 'Auto Reconnect' setting for your WiFi connection(s)
The core issue is the Airmega setup was switching to their own Airmega Wi-Fi network to transfer settings; but, Android detected that it couldn't connect to the Internet and was automatically switching back to the 'Good' network. Once that happened, it didn't matter if I switched the network manually back because the setup wouldn't pick it up.
Why the return? There seems to be an issue with the fan becoming unbalanced during shipment. The first one we ordered made an unusual noise on the lowest 2 settings including the sleep mode. The noise is so significant that it can be heard down the hallway. It should be almost silent. And it is not a pleasant white noise but more of an annoying rubbing noise. The company was great to immediately acknowledge the issue and advise us to return for another which we did. Unfortunately, the replacement unit is doing the same thing.
This purifier is truly a unique and effective unit and one which again we would have been very pleased to have a few of. However, until the issue with the fan can be resolved, we can't justify the investment. So figure 2 stars for the unit itself (5 if the fan is fixed) and an additional star for the integrity and customer service of the company / seller. And as always, kudos to Amazon for making the return process so easy.
Automatic Night Mode: Unfortunately one of the primary reasons I purchased the 300S model was for the light sensor that would automatically enable night mode when the lights went out. However, the table in the description incorrectly lists the 300S model as having that light sensor. Only the 400 and 400S models are able to automatically shift into night mode when the lights are turned out. However, on the 300S you can schedule the night mode to turn on at a designated time.
Air Quality Recording Resolution: A great feature of the S models is their ability to monitor and record the air quality of the room that the filter is placed in. Unfortunately, however, the recording feature doesn't work very well. The in-app historical chart showing the air quality over the course of the day is shown as a smooth line plot, with time on one axis and air quality on the other. I have found that the historical chart regularly displays the quality of the air as always very good and shows little variation in the quality, despite the real-time status of the air quality regularly spiking into the 'very poor' range due to my use of aerosols in that room. It seems as though the historical chart averages our the air-quality and smooths out the spikes so much that I have never seen the historical chart show anything outside of the very good range. In my opinion this significantly diminishes the usefulness of the feature. I also own a Dyson air purifier with an air quality sensor and I have found the historical chart for that device to provide a historical chart of air quality with much greater resolution.
Air Quality Recording Delay: I have found that there is always a delay of about one hour on the in-app chart between the most recent quality reading displayed and the current time. This lag is also present in the Dyson that I own. I suspect that it happens because the air purifier sends only one datapoint to the Airmega servers once every 30 minutes or so, and that it takes a while before that data point is pulled from the servers to the app on your device. Not a big issue here though because the historical recording is basically useless.
Scheduling: The only reason I would purchase an S model is if the scheduling feature is important to you, or the ability to control the device while you are away from home. One of the few nice things about the S model is that you can create a schedule for the device, directing it what setting to be on (Night, Auto, Low, Medium, or High) and whether you want the light ring to be on. It's great because you can create a different schedule for every day of the week. The only problem with the scheduler is that if you schedule it to run on night mode from 11pm until 8am, for example, at 8am the device will shut off instead of resuming the state that it was in prior to 11pm. Effectively this means that if you want to schedule it to be in a particular state during a particular time, you must create a schedule for it 24/7. Otherwise it will simply shut off at the conclusion of that scheduled activity. Personally I would recommend buying the 400 or 400S and leaving it on automatic night mode all the time--it will stay in automatic during the day and switch into night mode when the lights are turned off so long as the air quality is good.
Reasons Why This is a Great Product
Noise Level: I have this placed in my bedroom, so the noice that it creates is a principle concern for me. I have found that so many products are either too loud on their lowest setting or don't produce sufficient airflow to be effective. On Low or Night modes, this device operates silently. You cant hear that it's running unless the room is pin-drop quite and you put your ear right next to the device. Surprisingly even on low and night modes it does produce a good amount of air flow. Much more than the comparable Blue-Air and Honeywell devices that I have owned in the past. Personally I have begun setting the device on Medium while I sleep because it still is fairly quiet and I have come to appreciate the bit of white noise that it produces.
The Filters: The filters that the Airmega uses are clearly very high quality. I don't have much more to say about them other than when you pick one of the filter up, you can just tell how well made they are. This device also has a pre-filter which I greatly appreciate much more than I had expected. I purchased this to reduce the amount of dust in my bedroom and the pre-filter does a great job filtering out a good portion of the dust. It is made of a super fine fabric mesh that I vacuum off once every couple of weeks. I'm glad they designed this with a pre-filter because I am sure that it will greatly extend the lifetime of the filter and help maintain high airflow through it. I have noticed a substantial reduction in both the amount of dust in my bedroom since buying this purifier, and the severity of my allergies.
The Build Quality: Again it's hard to explain this one, rather it's something that comes intuitively after interacting with the produce. This device is both very stylish, thoughtfully designed, and well built. Attention to detail is evident in much of the design and oozes quality--down to even the braided nylon encased power cord. When you buy this air filter, you too will be impressed by how well this product is made.
In conclusion, I have given this product four stars. Despite the inaccurate description on the product page for the auto nighttime sensor, and the rather poor air quality history and scheduling experience (why I deducted one star), the fundamentals of this air purifier are phenomenal and I would still highly recommend it to anyone who is hesitant on the price. It is an expensive product, no doubt, and it was painful for me to shell out this much money for an air filter. But, with this product you really get out the quality you pay for--unlike with the Blue-air products where you pay for just the aesthetics. Amazon has a generous return policy, so I would encourage you to try it out if you are hesitant with the price. But be warned, you're going to love it and wont want to send it back.
Most recent customer reviews
but it also improved a lot...Read more