Great quality videos, acceptable photos, fully waterproof, good menu, plenty of accessories.
** Amazon compressed the video. It looks awesome on my computer **
Why did I choose the Akaso Brave?
1. Akaso has a better website (and hopefully support/warranty) compared other action cams I see on Amazon.
2. Olympus Tough TG-5 (amazing camera) was outside my budget.
3. GoPro Hero was way outside my budget.
4. Most waterproof cameras under $400 are mixed with bad reviews indicating leakage.
This camera is with me & the wife right now in Hawaii celebrating our ten year anniversary!
It has done a great job across several hours of salt water snorkeling, exploring beautiful pools, and adventuring in bamboo forests.
The wireless was relatively straightforward so I could transfer the photos and videos to my iPhone easily.
Here's some extra stuff I bought:
1. Flow by microJib ... floating, extendable handle. Worth every penny. Best one I could find.
2. Shoot waterproof diving light (works great; I have not submerged more than 5 feet underwater)
3. Samsung EVO 32GB microSD
4. Tekcam waterproof case (an extra, just in case, have not yet tested)
5. Extra batteries (two original batteries have each given me about 40 minutes of good use so far, so I have not tested new batteries)
When I need it handy, I store the Flow handle, my flash, and action cam (all connected ready to go) inside of two big socks.
What don't I like about this camera?
1. No lens protector :( so be careful to store your plastic waterproof case in a sock!
2. No ability to buy extra cases from the manufacturer (had to by 3rd party).
3. Included Remote control is not waterproof/submersible; there is no way to buy replacements from manufacturer.
4. Not quite the same quality as GoPro or Olympus TG-5 (but close for most people, and costs much less).
5. Photos: not nearly the same quality as iPhone or Samsung Android, but still acceptable.
6. Less support, no user manual, etc.
Here are some tips (for most people):
1. See my attached photo for how to insert microSD.
2. The screen will shut off to save battery. Tap the down button to turn it back on. (when snorkeling, for example)
3. When in video recording mode, tap the down arrow to turn microphone on or off.
4. In the menu, 1080 30 fps is a great high-quality video choice.
5. In the menu, 5M or 8M will be decent for images/photos, for most people. (Larger values increase the storage size & print size).
6. In the menu, turn OFF the loop recording, date stamp, motion detection, and beep sound. (for most people)
7. In the menu, set Auto Off to 10 minutes (for snorkeling/ adventuring).
8. In the menu, set Quality to fine.
9. In the menu, play around with Angle.
Wider angles can be more fisheye for objects on the edge, but wide is great for snorkeling.
10. Yes you CAN delete photos/videos from the preview mode on screen.
Hold the up arrow and push the enter button on top; you will be prompted what to delete.
Overall I am super super pleased.
Incredible value, easy to use.
Great videos and acceptable photos. Lots of features and accessories.
This review is sincere. If the action cam disappoints in the future, I'll update my review.