Other Sellers on Amazon
3 Year Portable Electronic Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
AKG K52 Headphones
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Professional-quality drivers for solid bass and clear highs Over-ear design and lightweight construction provide exceptional comfort for long sessions Closed-back design eliminates audio bleed and maintains privacy Single-sided cable for ease of use
- The AKG K52 over-ear, closed-back headphones provide the perfect combination of sound quality, comfort and durability
- Professional drivers deliver solid bass, well-defined mids and clear highs so you can hear exactly what’s happening
- The self-adjusting headband provides a personalized fit, ensuring comfort during marathon sessions
- With a lightweight yet durable design, high-quality components and replaceable earpads, K52 is built to last
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
AKG Pro Audio K72 Over-Ear, Closed-Back, Studio Headphones, Matte Black
Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones, Black
AKG Pro Audio K240 STUDIO Over-Ear, Semi-Open, Professional Studio Headphones
Samson Technologies SR850 Semi Open-Back Studio Reference Headphones, Black
OneOdio Over Ear Headphone, Wired Bass Headsets with 50mm Driver, Foldable Lightweight Headphones with Shareport and Mic for Recording Monitoring Podcast Guitar PC TV - (Red)
|Sold By||Perfect Stock||Amazing Dealzzz||Amazon.com||Amazing Dealzzz||Amazon.com||OneOdio USA|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear||On Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear|
|Item Dimensions||9.25 x 9.00 x 4.45 inches||8.66 x 4.33 x 9.25 inches||11.40 x 10.00 x 4.10 inches||4.30 x 7.48 x 7.87 inches||8.00 x 8.00 x 4.80 inches||7.09 x 5.51 x 3.94 inches|
|Item Weight||7.05 ounces||1.20 lbs||6.70 ounces||1.23 lbs||1.05 lbs||0.55 lbs|
|Special Features||Lightweight||Lightweight||Output Sound Pressure Level 96Db/Mw||HIFI||volume-control||Over ear headphones, Adapter-free-cord, Stereo Monitor, Studio Monitor & Mixing, DJ Style, Shareport Technology, In-line microphone, Foldable|
K52 Headphones. The AKG K52 over-ear, closed-back headphones provide the perfect combination of sound quality, comfort and durability. Professional drivers deliver solid bass, well-defined mids and clear highs so you can hear exactly what’s happening. The self-adjusting headband provides a personalized fit, ensuring comfort during marathon sessions. With a lightweight yet durable design, high-quality components and replaceable earpads, K52 is built to last.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had no high expecting for these headphones due to a their low dB-hz sound, but yet enjoying design for low price.
If you look for AKG sound quality then look for premium othe models.
Top reviews from other countries
My K52 set were 3 years old still going wel, though the head band covering was looking a bit tatty. The dog ate the plug off of them?
That wasn't covered by the guarantee strangely.. Lol
They are very similar in design to the K52s and the gold colour is very snazzy and not at all garish.
The frequency response is slightly deeper and slightly higher than the K52s 16 Hz to 22000 Hz. I would say the Frequency response in the mid section, is slightly flatter than that of the k52 but the sound is well balanced and they sound great, especially the sub bass on modern synth sounds. everything else is virtually identical to the A52 and the lead is slightly longer. The quarter inch jack adapter is the screw on type and is gold coloured, as opposed to the push on connector on the K52s.
Got these AKG K52 headphones today.. Very good so far. Have used them for a few hours and they sound good. Don't really believe the notion about having to burn headphones in. I think it is a bit of a myth. These sound great right out of the box.
Sound is well balanced and the stereo image pretty wide. I got these as a replacement for some AKG 44s because the elastic on the self adjusting band came loose but I really liked the self adjusting system on those ones and these ones have the same one. I was unfortunate with that happening on my other headphones, after about 4 months use, considered, just a bit if bad luck, hopefully these ones won't suffer from the same issue.
I saw some reviews elsewhere, There are not many, at this time as these are fairly new on the market. One said they had a weak bass response or that they sounded boxy Don't know what they are talking about.. I haven't found that at all.
The frequency range of these phones according to the AKG site, is 18hz - 20,000khz As the adult human ear can only hear 20 hz to around 18,000 hz which gradually reduces as you age. For reference. The bottom note on a full sized 88 note piano is 27.5 hz the top note is 4,186 Hz.
These cover a perfectly adequate spectrum. I think the stereo image sounds a shade wider than the K44s did and they are even more comfortable to wear
Top range is not too bright or harsh. Mid range is clearly represented. Bass is rich and detailed, without being over emphasised just like the K44s were. The top band on these K52s is made of metal instead of plastic like the K 44s and they have replaceable earpads, which the earlier model didn't have. Though no instructions come in the box to tell you how to do so but the fact that they have them, gives the impression, they expect these headphones to last a fair while. Have to look on YouTube to find for a video on how to do it, if I need to.
The cable is 2.5 metres or 8ft 2 inches long and build quality, very reasonable at this price under £30.
Tried various types of music through them, including some of my own and. all the detail was represented. As I played each instrument on these tracks, I would have noticed if sounds were muffled or missing.
These I bought to use on my Nexus 10 tablet and they are fairly loud. I have to make sure not to have the volume up all the way.
I compared these to my old Audio Technica ATH M30 headphones which I use on my computer upstairs, the AKG52s have much more bass response than those do and probably slightly less treble, that impression was born about when I checked the frequency response quoted for each of them the K52s quoting 18hz - 20,000khz and the M30s quoting 20hz - 20,000khz. The bass difference, is very noticeable between these two, the treble sounding smoother and less harsh on the K52s, though both are quoting the same figure for that top frequency range. Sound isolation very good much better than the ATH M30s, though to be fair, they are getting on a bit...
All in all very pleased with them at this budget price.. Just hope the self adjusting band holds up this time.
See my AKG K44 review for that story... The AKG52s have similarities to those but I actually think they sound a bit better, seem a better quality build too, let's hope time proves me correct.
I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I have tons of headphones, some sets that I have are almost 5 times the amount of this set, so here's my honest review of the AKG 52's.
Design wise, the AKG's are nothing particularly special. The design is non offensive and generally subtle. I do like how the 'L' and 'R' indicators are located in the ear cups, and they're nice and big so you always know which way round the set goes.
The cable is nice and thick, about 2 meters in length.
It has a self-adjustable headband which I was originally sceptical about, but in reality it's a really good idea. The set just relaxes into a nice position.
Please note: The set does not fold, or twist, so it may not be an ideal choice for DJ's or people who need something more compact.
The earcups are pretty large and I'm sure will fit over most ear sizes.
The build quality is of a high standard.
These headphones are nice and light. Due to the self-adjustable headband, the headset doesn't really need any cushioning. You could wear this set for hours and it would never be a problem.
I'd consider these to be more for home audio use than on the move, and I wouldn't recommend them for gym use. They would just keep slipping off your head.
I honestly struggle to find anything I do not like about this set. The sound is nicely balanced, bass is neat and we'll driven, but is not overwhelming or muddy. The mids and highs and crisp and easy to identify even if the music is bass-heavy. Music through the headphones is exciting and clean.
There is SO MUCH SPACE. I cannot emphasize how spacial these headphones sound. (If you're thinking 'what the heck is this guy on about' I'm sure there is an audiophile glossary that can explain what space is in relation to headphones).
These are actually my go-to set for music.
As for the cons, they are pretty minimal. If you like really energetic bassy trance-style music and you like being thumped in the head by the bass, I would probably advise going elsewhere. (I would normally recommend Sony for this kind of music). The AKG's produce more of a warm, natural sound.
If anything the set may be a little too warm sounding at times, which is great if you're listening to acoustic music, classical, jazz or smooth hip-hop...etc. I listen to a lot of Heavy Metal, and although I'm more than happy to listen to metal through these headphones, I feel like some headsets may deliver a bit of a better experience, but in honesty, I'm nit-picking.
For £30 they do a stellar job. I feel as though this set should be priced around the £50-£60 range, so £30 is a bargain.
Seconda premessa, se intendete acquistare questo tipo di cuffie per un utilizzo di "semplice" ascolto secondo me siete fuori strada perchè questo tipo di cuffia nasce per farci musica quindi per avere un suono quanto più possibile neutro e definito su ogni frequenza riprodotta senza enfatizzazione di bassi ecc...
Ho acquistato con fiducia questo modello della AKG perchè è un marchio che non mi ha mai deluso ed in effetti nemmeno con questa entry level da studio ho cambiato idea.
Ma cosa cercavo in una cuffia così?
- Volevo innanzitutto una cuffia chiusa perchè dovevo utilizzarla per registrare voce o strumenti come chitarra acustica o classica, riducendo al massimo il ritorno nel microfono, visto che lavoro con microfoni a condensatore, ho trovato in questo modello una buona caratteristica di isolamento nonostante gli alti livelli di ascolto in cuffia che le mie orecchie esigenti richiedono.
- Avevo bisogno di una cuffia comoda e leggera ma con padiglioni molto grandi che non si appoggiassero sulle orecchie, per evitare affaticamento delle orecchie per lunge sessioni di prove e registrazione, in effetti è leggerissima, i padiglioni molto grandi si appoggiano comodamente sulla testa lasciando le mie orecchie abbondantemente all'interno del cuscinetto, risultato, come non averle. La struttura è ben realizzata e i cuscinetti stringono perfettamente sulla testa senza dare fastidio e senza sentire però la necessità di tenerle con le mani come su altri modelli di altre marche, la regolazione dell'altezza risulta immediata e ben stabile.
- Avevo bisogno di una cuffia che fosse capace di restituire alti volumi di ascolto senza distorsione, in effetti la cuffia risponde bene e restituisce un suono sempre pulito nonostante gli alti volumi da me richiesti e senza perdere la neutralità del suono che è ben definito su tutte le frequenze anche ad alti volumi, è un piacere lavorarci.
- Avevo bisogno di una cuffia per un primo mixing che mi desse già la possibilità di regolare equalizzazione e volumi delle mie tracce per poi passare al controllo nei monitor da studio (ho degli ottimi Fluid Audio per comparazione e vi posso assicurare che i ritocchi al mixing fatto in cuffia suonando il materiale sui monitor spesso è un lavoro molto di affinamento perchè le cuffie sono veramente ottime anche per mixing).
Ho avuto in passato un modello di cuffia AKG superiore ma vi assicuro che il suono di questa non è da meno anzi, risulta molto più definito e molto meno impastato sulle medie (anzi per niente impastato) rispetto alla vecchia sorella maggiore. Vorrei ascoltare e lavorare per un po sulle sorelle maggiori K72 e K92 ma sinceramente al momento mi bastano le K52 credo che per le mie necessità sia più che sufficiente. Per le vostre orecchie ovviamente provare per credere ma con AKG andate sul sicuro e vi portate a casa un prodotto di un marchio storico che ha dettato e detta ancora lo standard in tantissimi studi di registrazione.
After many hours of use I have found that the self-adjusting headband and lightweight design make these headphones extremely comfortable to wear.
The sound provided by the 40mm drivers is excellent with a very good bass response and clarity.
All frequencies are handled well and provide excellent range and balanced definition.
(NB. Strangely, the sound quality when initially used was disappointing and worthy of only a 3 star rating, at best, but the more the headphones were used the more the performance improved to that expected and after that 'running in' period continue to perform as required.)
I use these headphones primarily with my iPad to listen to my iTunes music library, the supplied 6mm jack adaptor does however allow me to plug the headphones into my HiFi amplifier, which is a bonus.
For the purposes of my requirements these headphones represent excellent value for money.