Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Color: Lime|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 229 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 268 reviews
on December 3, 2013
I can definitely attest to the other reviews that these headphones sound amazing. True and clear sound reproduction in all ranges with a healthy amount of bass response (though in the reference-style of accurate bass, not the oversaturated bass you can get from some other gear - if that's your thing I'd search elsewhere). Highly recommended for the audio enthusiast.

For me, though, these got boxed back up for a return in <10 minutes because I, being a gentleman of larger stature (and a big noggin), am evidently not within the design parameters for the physical "reach" of these headphones. Unfortunately if I have the headband positioned properly (so the phones don't fall off my head) the ear cups are about 1/2" too high on each side with the bands fully extended. Bummer.

Note: the 2 cables that come with the headphones are best described as "moderately short" and "very short". Probably okay if you've got your phone in your pocket, but if you're sitting at a desk at work you're going to want an extension cable.

Another note: I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to get the headphones to seat comfortably in the carrying case. There are molded areas where everything should fit, but it just seemed like the case was a bit narrower than the headphones. With the extra cables and adapters tucked away in the opposite side of the case from the headphones the cover didn't seem to close properly (I'd be concerned with things breaking due to crush pressure in the long run).
on June 8, 2016
I needed a great deal on headphones. I love music, and I have been spoiled by Sennheiser HD280s, but I needed something portable for travel. I ran across these AKG Q460s. They were originally $229 when they first came out. Later, the price was cut to $149, and now, because they have been around for awhile, can be had for approximately $50. I compared them to my wife's Beats By Dre Solo2 (wired). Those had an original MSRP of $200, so I felt they should be comparable. The AKG Q460s are far superior in sound quality. They brought new life and energy into my music collection. I found myself picking random tracks to hear them over again on the AKGs. Very good sound, and for $50, I don't know how you can beat this pair without dropping $300. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
on May 22, 2013
This set of Headphones is much better than the smaller ear buds. It is well engineered and the unit folds compactly into a small carry case for travel or just convenience in a backpack or purse. I love the sound quality and other reviews mention the quality of the bass and they are correct. It does not have all of the noise cancelling feature of higher priced versions, but this is a lot of great sound reproduction for a reasonable cost. All of these headphones seem to have pluses and minuses that make one person happy and another not so much. Check out exactly what you are looking for before purchasing. If you want comfortable, high quality sound for travel or just relaxing at home, I believe you will enjoy the AKG Q460.
on January 14, 2014
My wife had wanted a good pair of headphones for a while. She's not an audiophile by any stretch (nor am I), and really just wanted the ability to listen to her phone at work and not have her ears ache at the end of the day. In doing research on a ton of different options it seemed like these consistently had comments about the comfort being good. I saw these during the black Friday sale on Amazon and jumped at it.

Since I am not an audiophile I don't feel particularly qualified to comment on the sound quality (which I feel is good) so I'll focus more on other areas.

Pros:

They are excellent for travel. My wife throws them in her purse every day and brings them home (which is awesome for me to play the PS VIta). The case is maybe a bit bulky, but considering these aren't earbud's that isn't really a knock against them.

They are very comfortable for her*. They aren't your typical large over the ear headphones--they are actually surprisingly smallish. But they fit her well and she says they don't bother her by the end of the day.

Sound is good. Again, not an audiophile but had to throw in that I felt that the sound for these is very good. I use these to play my PS Vita at home and they are great. My wife also says they sound great.

Cons:

*Comfort for me. I won't say I have a big head (insert joke here), but it's probably not small either? I do get a little bit of soreness around my ears after a couple hours. I likely just need to adjust them more--which I haven't done much.

In all I think these are very good headphones and would buy a pair for myself.
on February 16, 2013
Good highs, mids, and lows, nicely balanced sound that allows you to hear everything. Just the way I thought from a genius producer like Q who I would never expect to lend his name to a crappy product. I am delighted with the bass intensity, measured perfectly against the full, round sound. These work well with every music style I listen to from classical to jazz to brazilian to reggae to r&b to blues to rock to salsa to latin jazz to gospel to soul to all the world music I listen to and love, and every variation of that music as well as spoken word like "This Is My Beloved" by Arthur Prysock. These headphones deliver high quality sound in every case. Plus, they are very comfortable, small, foldable and wonderfully portable with a nice case with which to house them if you want to extend their life by not throwing them somewhere when not in use . This is the quality I anticipated from the master Q and I am not disappointed. Price was right in my view as well. Good job Amazon.
on December 3, 2011
Original purchase in October 23, 2011; but alas, after five years I finally got tired of asking my wife if I could use them. So, naturally I broke down and bought myself a pair for myself (November, 2016). I also own a Bose Bluetooth headphones as well as the Beats Studio, which I seldom use if ever, I still like the AKG Q460 the beast. I have profound hearing loss and must wear hearing aides, and since the AKG sits ON THE EAR I'm not forced to take them out -- the two hearing devices function without interfering with the other. Another thing that makes these SOOO NICE is their size. They collapse and pack, carry comfortably around the neck, ready to answer a call on the cell, or listen in private my favorite podcast or audiobook. Life is good, and so are my AKG.

Oh no! I LOST MY BRAND NEW 'AKG,s' ‼️

So what else could I do, I bought yet another, my THIRD, only deference being I selected the 'BLACK' Quincy Jones. They sound the same but at least now I can keep it straight which one is mine.

Bill B Ahear
on March 31, 2013
As a very satisfied owner of AKG Q701 headphones for home listening, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me to select these Q460 portables for traveling, trips to the fitness center, and public situations (airport waiting areas) where sealed enclosures were necessary for a variety of reasons. I still shopped around a bit both by listening and reading reviews. Excess bass is a problem for me, since I truly appreciate musical accuracy and the incredible balance of soundstage, depth and range the Q701s deliver. The Q460s provide an exceptional representation of balance in a portable format while still delivering ample bass response to most music. But then, I don't listen to bass-heavy musical styles, so that's a consideration.

The positives of the Q460s make this an exceptional value: portability and a convenient carrying case that I always use because it's so well designed; and, they're well constructed and easy to adjust with a detachable cord in two lengths for different use environments. Significantly, these are comfortable headphones that fit neatly over ears with well-designed size (not too large) and cushions that resist moisture (sweat) while providing comfort for longer listening sessions. I never use the iPhone adaptor, so can't address that.

I've used the Q460s for 90 straight days now and have dropped them a couple of times (workout situations) and they've held up nicely. I recommend them highly for durablity and comfort alone, but I bought them primarily for their sound, which -- if you're familiar with AKG's history and reputation -- you can read about in more detail in several other exellent reviews herein.

But don't take my word for it. There are currently several airport vendors featuring the Q460s where you can do a side-by-side listening comparison. Your decision won't be difficult after that.

For outstanding detail through the full range of musical representation, depth and soundstage, the AKG Q460s are a quality choice that represent solid value. Highly recommended.
on July 27, 2016
This is all based on my 11 yr old. He took them for his own as soon as I got my first pair about 3 yrs ago. Wonder why I needed a 2nd pair? Easy answer. My son lost them.

In between, my son used sms street by 50 cent. Also a good set of headphones with one big difference. The streets have bigger cans making them much bigger overall. That means they're harder to travel with.

My son loved these akg's. They're very compact for on ear headphones. Good sound quality. I won't talk about hearing this or that frequency. I don't know since I've used them for 5 mins. But my son absolutely loves em for music and movies.

Both these and the streets have good sound quality but what puts these over the top are how compact it folds to. Even though they're small they insulate from background sounds very well.

I bought this 2nd set because of the size compared to the streets. I really hope these last. They're a great set of headphones for travel or otherwise.
on June 20, 2014
I bought these back in late 2011 when I was looking for a good set of on-the-ear headphones for daily use commuting and around town. I was starting to see the Beats by Dre headphones everywhere and was disappointed to read reviews of how bad the sound was in addition to how fragile they were. I checked them out in an airport kiosk and EEK they were horrible. I'm not an audiophile but I do care about sound, and most importantly I wanted a pair of headphones that would put up with daily wear on my bike and riding the subway. These headphones have proven to be exactly what I wanted and a great buy at this price.

After 2-1/2 years of daily wear the cable finally wore out last week and the buttons stopped working to play/pause, etc. I was able to find replacement cables on ebay - either stock or aftermarket for around $13 each including shipping. I went with the aftermarket (heavier and black) and like it even better than the factory. I hope to get another 2-1/2 years out of the headphones but honestly I've gotten my money's worth already at this point and will buy another pair the minute these finally crap out.

I use these phones every single day: my iPhone sits in my pocket and I control the sound with the buttons on the cable. They don't look massive on your head (I own a Sennheiser pair which sound awesome but make me look like Spaceman Spiff) when you wear them around town. I listen to music, podcasts, and have made hundreds of phone calls with these headphones. You can put them on and off with just one hand (one of the reasons I like wearing on-the-ear headphones more than earbuds) easily when you want to talk to people. They fold up nicely and I've just tossed them in my bag over the years without worrying about them. Most importantly they put up with years of real-world use. Even better: the main item likely to wear out is user-replacable in seconds for less than the price of a cocktail downtown.
on August 14, 2014
These were the best travel headphones I could find. They sound good: small headphones tend to be more treble-y than you'd like, and this is true on these too, but less than others I tried. They block out ambient sound really well given their small size. As a result, the volume level doesn't need to be as high as for earbud headphones, and for me they're worth buying for this reason alone. They fold easily and are reasonably sturdy. I liked how they come with a replacement cord in case the first one wears out. The controls on the cord worked fine with an iPhone, better than Apple's headphones whose buttons can stop working when the weather is freezing.

Downsides: The case was nice but really big and took a while to put the headphones in so I doubt it'd get used on a commute. The headphones look OK - they'd look better without the big Q logo on the side and the bright green cord.