Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$11.29 (41%)|
- 9.25" high
- 8.25" wide
- Makes 22 Friendship Bracelets
- Weave hearts, stripes, diamonds and flowers
- Perfect for parties and sleepovers
- Includes 4 color coded looms, 22 colors of embroidery floss, beads, beading needle, instruction book, and carrying case
- Recommended for children 8 years of age and older
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Make 22 Friendship Bracelets, for yourself and all your besties!
Perfect for parties and sleepovers
Comes with enough supplies so 4 children can weave bracelets at the same time. Makes a great group activity or provides a full day of fun for one ambitious kid!
Includes 4 color coded looms
2 foam Friendship Wheels and 2 foam square looms make weaving easy and fun. choose your favorite colors and follow instructions to create custom and unique gifts. Also included is a link to online video instructions.
Weave hearts, stripes, diamonds and flowers
The patterns you can create are printed right on the loom; a handy tool that simplifies the weaving process so you can make as many bracelets as you have friends.
ALEX DIY kits are made especially for Tweens with a sense of style and a creative talent. The line offers on-trend fashion accessories that you make and customize yourself. You can let your imagination soar while getting to wear personalized and one-of-a-kind pieces that look like they were bought at a boutique! ALEX Toys is a member of the ALEX Brands Family.
ALEX DIY Friends Forever
Recommended for children 8 years of age and older
Everything comes in a take-me-anywhere suitcase so you can make bracelets on the bus, in the car, at your friend's, and more.
- 4 Color Coded Looms
- 22 Colors of Embroidery Floss (26ft / 8m)
- Beads (0.3oz / 8g)
- Beading Needle
- Carrying Case
- Instruction Book
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is an easy to do it yourself. The instructions are very clear.
The little friendship looms allow you to make 8 different patterns (2 on each of the 4 looms).
The gals loved making the friendship bracelets. Lot of fun.
Wonderful to entertain at a party -- like birthday party, sleep over, or other get together.
Good for a gift item.
My opinion is from approximately 8 - 12 year old would enjoy this, but of course it depends on the individual child and what they are like.
It was great to see the creativity and how proud the girls all were wearing their own personal creation afterwards -- smiles all around.
I believe the kit is just sitting gathering dust now.
I'd give the kit 1 star but added another to account for user error.
By the way, if you are the type to shut down (mentally) by having to read an instruction manual to change the clock on a VCR, then I would recommend watching the video first instead of going to the printed manual (it is a bear of a set of instructions).
Before I go on to list the pros and cons, let me state that I would not recommend this to any kids under age 8 (unless u want to end up doing it all yourself.)
Also, this calls for a lot of patience, A LOT. so if you know that your kid is the type that will give up in ten minutes, and fling it in a corner, then do not buy it! In addition, you the parent will probably have to help your child, even at age 8, with the first two or three bracelets, especially if she/he is not used to crafts.
1. This particular kit is a colourful, well designed, reusable package. My daughter plans to store small craft and sewing items in it.
2. Once you get the hang of it , the bracelets seem like child play to make. I will say this, though. You need to have patience. It takes about half an hour to make one, if you don't stop and about an hour if you have to take a break in between.
3. You get a sense of accomplishment as you watch the bracelet form. According to my kids..."It's magic!"
4. The colours are pretty and varied. My kit even came with a skein of gold and one of silver floss. There are also some two-toned skeins of floss. There are also two small containers of glossy beads that you can put at the ends of the bracelets. There is a type of needle that comes with it as well, I assume that it is to help with the threading of the beads.
5. The patterns look awesome. There are eight different patterns you can try using the looms, and they all look lovely. Hey, I messed up on my first two and the bracelets still looked good!
1. The instructions were useless to me. Instead of trying to understand them (and it aint easy!!!)go to manufacturers web site and and click on the 'product instruction' link, click on Videos and scroll down on page one until you find the name of the craft set, click on it and watch the very easy to understand, step by step product Instruction video about how to make the bracelets. Note that the video features an older version of the craft set (i.e different packaging) but the same rules apply.
2. I had a bad experience with some of the floss becoming undone while I worked with it on the loom , so that I had to 'twist' it back together to use it. It was easy to rectify and did not affect the quality of the design or the bracelet.
3. Another con is that, just like the video says, you really have to be combing the loose floss OFTEN to keep them from tangling as you work. As the bracelets get longer, and the loose floss becomes shorter this becomes less of an issue, but for the first 20 minutes or so you have to be combing, combing, combing... It is necessary, but VERY annoying!
Anyway, I do not regret buying this. I had just as much fun as my daughter making the bracelets! You get a feeling of accomplishment and pride when ever you finish one and they look professional if you do them the right way, and still look great even if you mess up once or twice on the pattern (when i messed up, I just took all the floss off the loom, put them back in their original positions, and began at the 'start' section of the loom. You see a little glitch in the pattern where u restarted, but then after that it picks up again.)
So buy and enjoy!