ALEX Toys Craft Rock Pets Owl Craft
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$4.52 (35%)|
Order it now.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Create a pet that rocks
- Paint a wise companion for your bookshelf or backyard
- Great rainy day activity
- Includes 1 owl rock pet, 6 weatherproof paints and a brush
- Recommended for children 8 years of age and older
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Create a pet that rocks!
Paint and personalize your own night owl. Transform a pretend rock into a work of art in no time. Weatherproof paints allow your masterpiece to be displayed anywhere indoors and outdoors.
Paint a wise companion for your bookshelf or backyard!
Choose your favorite color combinations to customize a gift for a friend or relative.
ALEX Craft kits cultivate creativity, foster fun and encourage enterprise! Kids can hone their crafting skills while making jewelry, toys and fashion accessories that they can cherish, give as gifts or even sell. Dough, beads, yarn, stickers, markers and even duct tape – all the arts and crafts supplies needed to construct keepsakes everyone will love come in every set. ALEX Craft is a member of the ALEX Brands Family of products.
ALEX Craft Rock Pets Owl
Recommended for children 8 years of age and older
- 1 Owl-Shaped Rock Pet
- 6 Weatherproof Paints
- Easy Instructions
ALEX Toys craft rock pets owl lets you paint and personalize your own night owl. Transform a pretend rock into a work of art in no time. Weatherproof paints allow your masterpiece to be displayed anywhere indoors and outdoors. Choose your favorite color combinations or make a gift for a friend or relative. Rock pets totally rock! recommended for children 8 years of age and older.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was a nice painting craft, but hard to justify for the price.
1. Rocks are free. Not only are they free, kids can use their imagination to transform any rock into anything they want.
2. Although, the kit comes with a good section of colors, you would still need to mix, let's say pink. If you mix, you use up quite a bit of the available paint. Thankfully, I already had a rainbow of craft paint on hand and that wasn't necessary.
3. The owl was a bit smaller than I anticipated. (See attached picture) It is just over 4 inches tall and about that wide at the widest part.
4. Only "rock" one in the kit. I found another rock painting craft on Amazon for about the same price, but included 6 items to paint. Both of my kids wanted to paint the owl, so I had to run out and buy something additional for the other one to paint.
4. My son finished in under 20 minutes. It's really straightforward painting and a very quick project.
Not so much a Con for us, but the owl is flat on the back and bottom. I think the flat back helps to lay it down to paint. Also, there is a permanent number etched on the back. Really, this should have been at least placed on the bottom.
1. Nice product. Very good quality owl "rock."
2. There is plenty of paint supplied in the kit in order to finish the project. The paint was a better quality than you can purchase from the dollar store.
Overall, if you know someone who loves to paint, this would be a cute gift. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't splurge on it for my own kids again. Too bad it's not better priced and marketed for a birthday party activity. I could see where this would be a great hit.
She made the fox for me to display in my yard and I made the owl for her to take home.
They were not stingy with the paints. The paintbrush worked well and I used a couple of my daughter's cheap paintbrushes so I wouldn't have to keep rinsing off my brush after mixing paints. It was fun mixing paints and creating my own colors. I used the plastic insert as my paint mixing tray. All you need for this project is a glass of water and some napkins to dry off your paintbrush.
I was really grateful that they gave us some ideas on the box but I ended up deviating a bit once I felt comfortable with how the painting was going.
My only complaint is I wish that the dark splatters on the statues weren't so dark. Those platters are to give it a faux stone look but if they were a little lighter I think it would be just as good and you wouldn't need three coats of white or three coats of yellow if you are a perfectionist like me. But really, it's fine I'm just being picky. The darker paints you will be fine with 1 or 2 coats.
Fun, unique, easy, engaging, social activity for kids and adults alike.
You know how you keep stuff around for kids to keep them busy on a rainy day? This might be a good option. Just know that once it's made, well, enjoy your rock!
Although the paint is weather-proof, we plan to spray it with an acrylic spray once she has finished it and we aren't yet sure if it will join our outdoor yard art or live in her bedroom. He's an adorable owl and we love him! The raised details make painting him easier, and there is lots of room for creativity and as much detail and color changes as your creativity and ability allow. I think it's perfect for the 10-13 year old age range! Younger children can enjoy it, as well, but the older age will get the most "bang for their buck" with it. My 17 year old daughter wants one of her own because she loves owls.
If your child is in 4-H and a member of the arts and crafts project, this is a nice option for that. I believe my daughter's finished project will show well. It has lots of options for showing your attention to detail and careful painting, without the unnerving blank slate that leaves your child feeling overwhelmed.