ALEX Toys DIY Wear Friends 4 Ever Jewelry
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.25. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$13.09 (48%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Makes 22 Friendship Bracelets
- Weave hearts, stripes, diamonds and flowers
- Perfect for parties and sleepovers
- Includes 4 color coded looms, 22 colors of embroidery floss, beads, beading needle, instruction book, and carrying case
- Recommended for children 8 years of age and older
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
ALEX Toys DIY Wear Friends 4 Ever Jewelry lets young ones make colorful friendship bracelets the easy way. Designed for crafty kids ages eight and up, this kit includes the friendship wheel, a handy tool that simplifies the weaving process so you can make as many bracelets as you have friends. The kit contains 22 different colors of string, beads, needle, and color-coded looms that can be used again and again with other string. Everything comes in a take-me-anywhere suitcase so you can make bracelets on the bus, in the car, at your friend's, and more. Includes 4 color coded looms, 22 colors of embroidery floss, beads, beading needle, instruction book, and carrying case. Recommended for children 8 years of age and older.
Make colorful friendship bracelets the easy way with Friends 4 Ever Bracelet Making Kit from ALEX. Designed for crafty kids ages eight and up, this kit includes the friendship wheel, a handy tool that simplifies the weaving process so you can make as many bracelets as you have friends. The kit contains 22 different colors of string, beads, needle, and color-coded looms that can be used again and again with other string. Everything comes in a take-me-anywhere suitcase so you can make bracelets on the bus, in the car, at your friend's, and more.
Fun and Easy to Make
Friendship bracelets are a fun way to accessorize an outfit or show your besties how much you care. This kit includes a specially designed loom called a friendship wheel--an easy-to-use tool that makes it a snap to weave a bracelet in a specific pattern.
Friendship Wheel Simplifies Weaving
Using the friendship wheel is easy. Each wheel features two different pattern rings in the middle of the wheel that show you the two patterns you can make with that wheel. The four wheels in the kit make a total of eight different patterns, including hearts, stripes, diamonds and flowers.
Petals around the edge of the wheel show you which color string to use, but you can also choose your own color combination. The two notches in each petal show you exactly where to hook the string.
Clear Instruction Guide with Ruler
The clear instructions not only show you exactly how much string to hook through each notch, but also supply a printed ruler for easy measuring. The only other thing you'll need to get started is a pencil around which you'll tie your string. All the patterns are strung in the same way, so once you have the method down, it's easy to repeat the next time.
Stringing the wheel is simple and straightforward, and the weaving process involves simply unhooking the strings and then re-hooking them according to the pattern. After you've done a little knotting and trimming, you'll be ready to share your original creation with your friends.
Explore Your Creative Side
This kit lets your creativity shine by giving you plenty of options. Add beads or weave in gold and silver thread for more color and shine. When you're done, just pack everything up in the included carrying case.
What's in the Box
Four color-coded looms, string, beads, beading needle, instruction book, and carrying case.
Compare to similar items
This item ALEX Toys DIY Wear Friends 4 Ever Jewelry
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||8.25 x 2.25 x 9.25 in||0.88 x 9.5 x 8.5 in||15.5 x 15.5 x 2.5 in||2 x 10 x 10 in||4.9 x 12.6 x 1.3 in||6 x 0.4 x 10 in|
Top customer reviews
I believe the kit is just sitting gathering dust now.
I'd give the kit 1 star but added another to account for user error.
By the way, if you are the type to shut down (mentally) by having to read an instruction manual to change the clock on a VCR, then I would recommend watching the video first instead of going to the printed manual (it is a bear of a set of instructions).
I am not sure it will be perfect for everyone. You have to know what she likes. She has to like crafts and creative hobbies. It works like weaving, using instead the foam patterns for creating the designs.
My daughter is still too young for this, but I will certainly think about this kit if she become interested on handy works.
Before I go on to list the pros and cons, let me state that I would not recommend this to any kids under age 8 (unless u want to end up doing it all yourself.)
Also, this calls for a lot of patience, A LOT. so if you know that your kid is the type that will give up in ten minutes, and fling it in a corner, then do not buy it! In addition, you the parent will probably have to help your child, even at age 8, with the first two or three bracelets, especially if she/he is not used to crafts.
1. This particular kit is a colourful, well designed, reusable package. My daughter plans to store small craft and sewing items in it.
2. Once you get the hang of it , the bracelets seem like child play to make. I will say this, though. You need to have patience. It takes about half an hour to make one, if you don't stop and about an hour if you have to take a break in between.
3. You get a sense of accomplishment as you watch the bracelet form. According to my kids..."It's magic!"
4. The colours are pretty and varied. My kit even came with a skein of gold and one of silver floss. There are also some two-toned skeins of floss. There are also two small containers of glossy beads that you can put at the ends of the bracelets. There is a type of needle that comes with it as well, I assume that it is to help with the threading of the beads.
5. The patterns look awesome. There are eight different patterns you can try using the looms, and they all look lovely. Hey, I messed up on my first two and the bracelets still looked good!
1. The instructions were useless to me. Instead of trying to understand them (and it aint easy!!!)go to manufacturers web site and and click on the 'product instruction' link, click on Videos and scroll down on page one until you find the name of the craft set, click on it and watch the very easy to understand, step by step product Instruction video about how to make the bracelets. Note that the video features an older version of the craft set (i.e different packaging) but the same rules apply.
2. I had a bad experience with some of the floss becoming undone while I worked with it on the loom , so that I had to 'twist' it back together to use it. It was easy to rectify and did not affect the quality of the design or the bracelet.
3. Another con is that, just like the video says, you really have to be combing the loose floss OFTEN to keep them from tangling as you work. As the bracelets get longer, and the loose floss becomes shorter this becomes less of an issue, but for the first 20 minutes or so you have to be combing, combing, combing... It is necessary, but VERY annoying!
Anyway, I do not regret buying this. I had just as much fun as my daughter making the bracelets! You get a feeling of accomplishment and pride when ever you finish one and they look professional if you do them the right way, and still look great even if you mess up once or twice on the pattern (when i messed up, I just took all the floss off the loom, put them back in their original positions, and began at the 'start' section of the loom. You see a little glitch in the pattern where u restarted, but then after that it picks up again.)
So buy and enjoy!
Most recent customer reviews
This is an easy to do it yourself. The instructions are very clear.Read more