Top critical review
It would be great, but...
November 6, 2013
Almost everything is great about this chair and yet, I don't want to sit on it most of the time. Let me explain.
- Super well made
- Padded and rugged canvas
- No worries that this chair will collapse, even if you are of bigger girth
- Easy to unfold and set up
- All sorts of places for drinks, glasses, books and such to keep your possessions off the ground and out of the way.
- No silly "big bubba" or "big boy" or other ridiculous logos that are proudly embroidered on other chairs for bigger individuals.
- Taller than other chairs, so you don't feel like you are climbing out of a cave in the ground when you get out of the chair
- Nice, heavy duty carrying case
- A big old uncomfortable bar across the front of the chair and sides of the front that squeeze your legs together in an uncomfortable way and cut your circulation off behind your knees.
Seriously... that con is a big one. Unless you are seven feet tall and have super long legs, or plan on propping your feet way off the ground on a cooler or something, this is going to be a problem. It makes sitting in the chair for more than a minute very uncomfortable and it is nearly impossible to shift into a spot where you aren't taking huge pressure on the backs of your thighs. It is so unfortunate, because really, other that that, this chair is perfection. Please ALPS, find a way to structurally engineer this product and fix that problem!