Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on September 21, 2016
I originally bought this tent because my wife of 14 years finally kicked me out of our house. At first I must admit I was really upset about not being able to sleep in my own bed or under my own roof. As I began setting up this tent underneath the highway overpass near our house, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to put together, despite the fact that I was physically and emotionally devastated. It advertises it can sleep 4 people, but it was really only big enough to house myself, my suitcase, and our family dog Keith. I love this tent so much I've decided to stop looking for an apartment altogether and to make this tent my permanent residence. I would recommend this tent as highly as I would recommend getting a pre-nup before signing your life away.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2016
Prior to buying this tent I researched for days. I settled with this one because it had good reviews and a great price. ALPS has put a lot of thought into this tent. During my first trip I found that it vented well and did not allow condensation to build. I also found it held up very well in the rain. That being said I was the only person using the tent. I have not had a chance to test the tent with 3 other people but it seems spacious enough and the dual entry/exit points work well.
Don't forget to hit the helpful button.
on July 4, 2015
Great tent! I (stupidly) tried the REI "Incamp4" tent first but immediately sent it back because of a design flaw that would cause water to collect over the door; btw, REI made me pay to return it! The Alps Meramac 4 was awesome in the field. I didn't get any pouring rain, but a few drizzly days gave me the chance to see that it performs well in the rain. They provide two tie downs on the rain fly that help spread the fly out at the bottom - a great idea! When I bought it I was against the 2 door idea, but I'm a 100% convert now. Even though I'm camping by myself the two door design made setup and take down so easy that I'll never go back to a one door design. One major concern from my last tent was the zippers: these zippers are awesome! No snagging, no skipping teeth, 100% one handed operation!

One minor note: this tent has 2 awesome, giant open mesh side panels, but no covers for those. This means you get Zero privacy without the rainfly on! It's also probably the reason I experienced Zero condensation inside the tent, but some zip up covers over those panels would be a nice option so I can choose between privacy without the fly and a little condensation occaisionally.

Update: Spent a day in a huge thunder and lightning storm in this tent and it performed flawlessly in hours of pouring rain!
on August 29, 2012
This tent was very easy to setup the first time after only 1 read through the instructions. Fit 2 people plus a large dog, and all gear comfortably. One of my favorite features was the double doors, allowing 2 entry/exit paths - very convenient depending on where you end up sleeping. The stitching and overall construction is well-done, although I was expecting the floor to have been made with a thicker material. It seems that the floor and the walls all use the same material. Purchased a ALPS Mountaineering Tent Floor Saver to compensate, and while that is not made of durable material either, it was easily waterproofed and provided the extra needed layer of protection from ground moisture. Provided tent stakes are pretty flimsy, but that's typical of what any manufacturer would provide. If your tent and fly are rolled really tight you'd have no problem fitting said floor saver or extra tent stakes into the roomy carrying case. Another awesome feature were the clips on the tent ceiling to hang your flashlight from or the provided hammock for small items. Minor caveat - in the picture on Amazon, the rain fly looks like a beige/tan color, but in person it's really more of a green. Not a big deal to me, as it still looks great, but it just wasn't what I was expecting. Overall, I feel this was a great purchase, and I'm looking forward to taking this back out for another camping trip.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2017
i've been in several tents, and i've concluded...you can carelessly break a pole, jam a zipper, tear a floor without a tarp, to any tent. if you handle correctly, this is as good as any tent on the market. me, my wife, 2 big dogs and my cooking with a small propane stove in one corner (ALL inside) this nice sized tent while it poured outside. it was everything i could expect it to be. now, as far as it being a "4 season"? you couldn't convince me it's ANY different than a tent rated as 3 season. but to it's credit, it is designed perfectly. not sure about less, but i'd say, don't pay more for another tent.
on November 27, 2016
Bought this for a trip with my girlfriend and friends. It's very easy and quick to put up and take down; the plastic hook style connectors make it a breeze to put up the poles first and then raise the tent and hook it onto the poles instead of having to feed the poles through loops like on other style tents.

If you don't camp a lot (like me), this tent is great because it comfortably fits a queen size air mattress up against one of the sides that the rainfly covers (head/foot of the mattress facing the sides with the doors) with enough additional floor space for room to move around or for an additional adult in a sleeping bag next to the mattress. I'm looking forward to many more trips with this tent.
on November 18, 2015
I have camped in this tent just once, on a dry weekend, and the weather was pretty nice. So, I have not really 'tested' it out yet. That said, this seems to be a very well made tent. I love how it sets up. The other guys at camp thought I didn't know what I was doing initially when setting it up, but then boom, I'm done. So quick and easy. I hate sliding tent poles through fabric tubes - always a hassle. With this tent, you just clip the tent to the poles (so easy). Zippers worked great. I didn't have any issues with catching. Although I am smooth with them to prevent that too. Great airflow. If hot, face tent north/south. If cold, face tent east/west. The overhang of the fly seems like it would do well in keeping out rain unless it was super windy. Tent stakes are the typical thin metal, so I would suggest upgrading those as you would need to with about any tent you buy. There was ample room for an inflatable queen bed, plus room for your stuff. My wife and I had plenty of room. A third could have fit next to us. I would say 3 is the max comfortable capacity. I highly recommend this tent. I think it is a great buy.
on July 10, 2016
I'm not an avid camper, but I'm trying to get more and more into it, and this tent helped make camping feel so comfortable! I can't say I have any complaints.

Things I liked:
- Good size. It fit two adults with two large trail packs plus a 75 lb. dog with room to spare! So we can definitely use this tent if we were to add a child (maybe even two) to the mix.
- Height of the tent, which fit both me (5'2") and my husband (5'10") with ease.
- Small-items hammock and hook on the top is good for putting up an overhead light and/or small items.
- Side pockets made it easy to tuck away much needed items like keys and bug spray.
- The doors on both sides made it really accessible.
- The doors have vents you can open up to make windows.
- Easy to set up and take down. Nice zipper bag that the whole tent comes in.

Really no complaints. It would likely be too heavy and bulky for long backpacking trips, but really great for how we used it, which was driving up to our campsite.
on April 19, 2017
I was looking for a light weight tent that was small yet large enough to accomidate a cot. This tent fill the bill. It is much smaller when packed up than my previous tent, but this is not a backpacking tent by any stretch. I do love Alps products, and I feel this will hold up well. Used on six campouts so far with no complaints. One was rainy, with no leaks.
on June 23, 2014
I would recommend this tent to anyone. My second outing, there were torrential downpours the first night, the lowest corner got a little damp , that's all. Serious rain? No problem for this tent, the river we were rafting rose 4 feet in one and a half days!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.