Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 2-Person Tent
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Easy assembly, free-standing two-pole design with fiberglass poles
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding two vestibules for extra storage space
- Mesh roof, two entryways and a zippered window on each door offers easy access and great ventilation
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, poly taffeta floor, mesh storage pockets, gear loft, stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 5' x 7'6, Center Height: 46", Total Weight: 7 lbs. 3 oz.
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 2 Person Tent
- Free-standing two-pole design with shock corded fiberglass poles
- 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500mm coating resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams provide best weather protection
- 75D 185T poly taffeta floor with 1500mm coating
- Extra large #8 zippers on both doors for extra durability
- Easy entry with two doors and 'single zip operation'
- Two zippered windows (built into doors) and large mesh panels provide great ventilation
- Mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 8 inch steel stakes and guy ropes are all included
Free-standing two-pole design with shock-corded fiberglass poles.
Weatherproof fly extends out over doors to create an awning.
Two large doors on each side of tent make for easy entry.
Comfortable 2-Person Size
5 feet x 7 feet 6 inch.
Additional 2-Person Tents by ALPS Mountaineering
Beginning in 1993 with the establishment of ALPS Mountaineering, ALPS Brands is a continuously growing and expanding group of brands dedicated to developing and manufacturing high quality, performance-driven outdoor products. Currently making up the ALPS Brands family of companies are ALPS Mountaineering, ALPS OutdoorZ, Delta Waterfowl Gear, Browning Camping and Cedar Ridge.
Quality Products, Affordable Prices
Until our customers can actually hold one of our products in their hands and carefully look it over, it's difficult to convey our quality and construction. We believe a comfortable pack or chair, a weatherproof tent, and a warm sleeping bag or air pad do not need to be expensive. Value can be defined as getting what you pay for. We define value as getting more than you pay for.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
ALPS takes pride in the quality of our products and warrants that the materials and workmanship will be free of any defects. Our factories follow a strict set of specifications and quality standards, however, if a problem develops, please contact us.
If you're tired of getting soaked on your camping trips or always find yourself struggling with the zippers on your tent, switch to an ALPS Mountaineering tent that you can rely on. The Taurus is a simple 2-pole freestanding dome tent that is enhanced with 2 doors and 2 vestibules (one over each door) with extra large #8 zippers to make entering and exiting the tent hassle free. The two doors each have a mesh window, which is great for ventilation... and when it's time to put on the fly, you won't have to worry about losing your fresh air. The fly has additional vents for continued ventilation. ALPS tents each come with a factory sealed fly and floor seams to give you the best weather protection and keep you dry. If you're interested in an even heavier oxford floor and larger #10 zippers, you can always check out our Taurus Outfitter Series as another option.
From the Manufacturer
If you're tired of getting soaked on your camping trips or always find yourself struggling with the zippers on your tent, switch to an ALPS Mountaineering tent that you can rely on. The Taurus is a simple 2-pole freestanding dome tent that is enhanced with 2 doors and 2 vestibules (one over each door) with extra large #8 zippers to make entering and exiting the tent hassle free. The two doors each have a mesh window, which is great for ventilation and when it's time to put on the fly, you won't have to worry about losing your fresh air. The fly has additional vents for continued ventilation. ALPS tents each come with a factory sealed fly and floor seams to give you the best weather protection and keep you dry. If you're interested in an even heavier oxford floor and larger #10 zippers, you can always check out our Taurus Outfitter Series as another option. Materials: Fly: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, 1500mm Multi-pass Urethane coating, Floor: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, 2000mm Multi-pass Urethane coating, Walls: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, Mesh: Nylon No See-um Mesh, 40D, Frame: 8.5mm Fiberglass. Included: Rain fly, Fiberglass Poles, Pole Bag, Stake Bag, 6061 Aluminum Stakes, Guy Rope, Repair Swatches, Gear Loft, Mesh Storage Pockets and Tent Bag with Drawstring.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
143 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-4 of 143 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The one thing I do not like about the tent is that the windows do not have any covers. They are solid plastic and people can potentially see right into your tent. However, they are fairly small and you are looking through two layers of plastic, so the lighting has to be just right and the passerby would have to be fairly close to see in. I'd still love to have some little flaps that go over them, but all in all, the tent meets my needs in every other way.
Upon setting up this tent, i gave it the good old hose test, and it passed. Later on while on my trip, I had several nights of intense rain and the tent did not leak once. Given that the main function of a tent is to keep one dry and sheltered from the elements, I would say that this is an excellent tent.
The issues that I do have with it are fairly minor. First of all, it is pretty big. It is called a 2 person tent, but it is way too big for 2 people but still too small for 3.
In addition, while it is too wide, it is fairly short. As a 5'10 guy, I barely fit length-wise.
Also, the rain fly tears fairly easily. This is not an issue if you're careful, but if you're a klutz like me then it might be worth it to get a sturdier tent.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this tent to anyone who is doing light - medium backpacking. It is a bit heavier than some of the more expensive tents, and it definitely has its drawbacks, however for the price it is definitely worth it.
Probably too small for car camping or if you have two people and a ton of gear you want to bring in the tent.
1) VERY easy to set up. If you've ever set a tent up before, this one will take you less than 5 minutes to erect.
2) Free standing, easy to move if you find a rock under your sleeping area.
3) It has small windows in the rain fly you can look out (for bears).
4) Two entrances / exits, and two vestibules
5) Fairly light
6) Well vented, but seals up tight with the rain fly on for cold nights.
7) Waterproofing that's actually water proof. It passed the hose test no issues.
1) The vinyl peep windows can't close. IF you're at a public campground you might wish they did.
2) It's pretty short inside. Plenty of room to sit or crawl, but you won't be standing up or kneeling if you're tall.
Overall it's a good tent, and it's a great tent for the price.