Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on December 22, 2011
I had a problem on my hands: As soon as I opened the packaging I could see the glint in my boyfriend's eye- the sign that he would never, ever leave my precious new Kindle alone.

In fact, for the two days waiting for this cover to be delivered I got to strategically see my new kindle exactly once- while he was distracted by his iPad- which was quite the feat!

I needed something to protect my kindle from slips, scrapes and boyfriend.

Bought this- First, it is not at all opaque as the picture suggests.
It is quite thick, sturdy, glossy, easy to clean and has a transparent ombre effect once snapped on the kindle.
It is not gooshy or rubbery at all, very stiff and secure.
I like the textured nubs along the sides.
Another plus, The price was right.
Last and most important: The pink color is not a pepto-bismol/paris hilton/Barbie sort, more of a lipstick/rose fuchsia- which I appreciate... and it repels techo-obsessed Boyfriends, which is important if you ever want your Kindle all to yourself!
on February 22, 2012
This is a great case. Initially it was described at hot pink in color. When I received it, I noted that it was not hot pink, but red. Which was fine by me. However, I see that it has been changed to red in the item title, which is good. Anyway, the case is extra durable, it hasn't stretched, it's not flimsy, it's surprisingly firm for a gel skin case, it fits like a glove. I like that it doesn't cover the screen anywhere, as I usually have problems with gel cases catching the corners of the screen protective cover and slowly peeling them back. I am definitely satisfied with this product and with the arrival of the product. It arrived in a timely fashion and on the day of estimated delivery. An excellent deal for an excellent product. I am very satisfied!
on April 22, 2012
At the very least, you need a case like this to protect the device and your investment...ESPECIALLY if children will be using it...

You get some real value here...it fits well, has a good feel to it, and looks attractive.

Buy a pack of amFilm screen protectors along with it, and you're covered for roughly 10 bucks...

Best regards,
SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO
on February 26, 2013
I got two of these one in blue for my son and one in hot pink for my daughter. The cost was cheap and it is better than no protection at all. The protector keeps it's small size but would be better for older kids and adults that are normally careful but want some protection. The gel does help stop it from dropping but I am not doing a drop test. I would not give this to a small child unless you want your kindle broken.
on January 1, 2013
If you're looking for a case that will offer shock protection I would keep scrolling. That being said, if you're well aware that this price will simply land you a cosmetic with scratch protection then look no further! The case fits snug and looks great! It seems to be of decent quality and appears to be holding up well even in the not so light touching hands of my 4 and 5 year old daughters.
on March 13, 2012
I admit I ordered this before I even had my new kindle fire lol. Once I received my Kindle Fire I put this gel skin on and it was easy and fits like glove!
The color is more hot pinkish then red, but that's even better :) I have dropped my kindle a few times and thanks to this soft cover no damage was taken by my beloved Kindle Fire. It also keeps it from slipping when propping Kindle fire up to watch a movie and keeps it from sliding everywhere when on the desk. I greatly recommend this Gel Skin Case!!!
on August 29, 2012
The gel case does exactly what it is supposed to do--keeps the Kindle Fire from slipping out of your hands. It is easy to put on, and looks great. I just wish it had a cover for the front to keep it from getting scratched. (from the advertisement shown, it looked as though it did have a cover) I was a little disappointed in the color--it was supposed to be hot pink, but is more red. All-in-all, I am pleased with the purchase, especially for the special price.
on December 31, 2012
I ordered a hot pink case. It wasn't hot pink. It was red. But that is okay. It is still pretty. It does for me just what I wanted. Easier to pick up, easier to hold. And I feel like it would help protect it if I dropped it. I love the way the Gel Skin feels in my hands. It catches peoples eyes also and people ask what is that you have? My Kindle in its pretty case!
on April 23, 2012
The quality of this case is just as good as anything bought for a cell-phone for $30 at a big-box store. The fit is snug, with no slack or stretch over time.

The only thing, which has been said in other reviews but i will repeat, is that the cover itself is in fact translucent "hot pink" but when wrapping the black fire it appears red. My daughter loves all things pink, and she did not mind this at all on her fire.

Excellent value.
on January 19, 2012
This case is amazing. Color is as described. It is a bit more "see-through" in person but no big deal. It is a gel skin but has a hard feeling to it-similar to a plastic but not cheap looking. I like the ridges on the side-helps grip the kindle fire better. The holes are cut out where they are supposed to be. It doesn't block the screen at all. My fire, with the case on, fits in the neoprene cover I bought last week so that is wonderful. The case is very easy to put on, fits fairly snug, but is NOT difficult to take off. It is lightweight but protective and sturdy. The cleaning cloth that came with it works great too. Great product, does what it is supposed to do and it is inexpensive! Love it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.