Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2012
The AMD APU series of CPUs are very economical and affordable. They might not stack up so well next to the AMD phenom or intel i3's, but there is plenty of CPU power for multimedia streaming, playback, and capable data processing (creating videos, photoshop, converting files, etc.). It's not going to fly through tasks, but it will give you enough power to do things at a reasonably quick speed.

CPU temperature and stock fan: the CPU stays fairly cool, ranging from 30 F to 45 F. It rarely gets too hot. The stock fan has a nice cooling sink. At default, the fan isn't very quiet. I have turned down the fan to about 50% of the full potential, which keeps the noise almost whisper quiet. But just keep in mind: I don't have any other installed fans, which seems to magnify the noise of this stock fan. If you are building a PC with this CPU stock fan as the only fan, you will certainly have some distinguishable noise.

Cores: The 4 cores give any PC some extra juice and processing power. Many programs and games still only use two cores, and this processor can handle just about anything. Multi tasking with multiple browser tabs and micosoft office programs is a breeze. For the sake of the future, I decided on the quad core, especially since it was only about $15 - $20 more than the dual core APU.

Graphics (GPU) - I was surprised that not many people who have reviewed this product tested the graphics card to its limit. I have the HIS PCI-Express Video Card (H685F1GD), which can run most high end games at the highest settings, and I was hoping this APU could at least run high end games at low resolutions. Unfortunately, this game cannot run Crysis 2 even at the lowest setting and resolution. However, this game will run Medium-graphic intensive games like Counter-Strike: Source,Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Left 4 Dead 2 at the highest settings. As my title suggests, it's like having a 256 MB dedicated memory graphics card. The core clock is pretty good, compared to most 1GB cards, but still lacks in pixel shaders. From a gamer's perspective, I was pleased with it's potential and ability. From a casual user's perspective, it zips through media files, streaming, movies with ease. Watching a movie or video is instantaneous.

At less than $100, this is a true bargain and a computer builder's dream. Solid processing power and decent graphic capability. It seems like I am not the first person to use this processor in a PC for a loved one or to replace that aging 8+ year old PC.

Compared to i5s, Phenom x4's, and i7s I've used, this little guy puts up a good fight. It's not near the amount of processing power and speed, but will suffice for most peoples' needs. Highly recommended.
review image
on November 24, 2012
I've got this chip installed on the ASRock A75M-ITX Mini ITX motherboard and they are a match made in heaven. I wouldn't recommend this for avid gamers but the chip IS very capable at medium and lower graphics settings in most games. WoW runs pretty smooth at high settings and is like BUTTER ad medium. Video playback does not disappoint NOR does general windows performance.

If you are looking for a compact system, low power consumption with decent graphics..... or a great price you can't go wrong with this chip.
on January 6, 2012
I'm currently running this processor on a Asus F1A75-I deluxe, a mini ITX mobo, and 4GB of 1600 RAM and a 250W PSU, I can run Crysis on High, although the FPS does suffer, but find that with medium settings it finds a good balance, I know that referencing Crysis as the standard is getting a little old 4/5 years since it's release, but for this CPU it works. For the price, this CPU is amazing. A must have for HTPC especially if you plan to do some casual gaming on it.
on December 31, 2011
I used this processor to set up a system using an Apeiva X-DREAMER3-PK ATX Pink Mid Tower Case w/ a Gigabyte motherboard. Super easy install for someone with a little experience building computers. Even using just the onboard integrated graphics without adding a video card the system is fast and my daughter is thrilled with her new super fast computer. Excellent processor for the price!
on November 28, 2011
Purchased this processor for use in a new system for my mom, it's a very good performer for the price, for my mom's use its overkill but she keeps systems for many years, her last one was almost 10 years old.

With quad core and a very good integrated graphics it will be quick machine for years to come.
on December 6, 2011
I bought the TOM's Hardware recommended motherboard made by Gigabyte model #
A75M-UD2H....this will be a good set...just need to get me a 6950 vidio card
and 16gb of ram...to complete....I am going to try a Linux version Zorin 5.0 64bit
on December 4, 2012
I'm not using this machine for high end games, but I do some video editing and work with multiple programs at the same time, I have to say I'm very satisfied with the performance.
on December 20, 2014
Great
on December 2, 2016
works fine and came very quickly.
on December 28, 2016