|Processor||3 GHz FX-Series Eight-Core FX-8150|
AMD FX-8150 with Liquid Cooling System 3.6 8 Socket AM3 AMD Processor - FD8150FRGUWOX
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Supreme power available from virtually every core configuration
- Aggressive performance for mega-tasking and intensive applications like video editing and 3D modeling
- Native desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with "Bulldozer" architecture
- 32 nanometer die shrink designed to reduce leakage for improved efficiency, increased clock rate headroom and better thermals
- Delivers More Cores And More Performance Without Raising The Power Requirements
- Unlocked Processor Allows The Maximum Tunable Performance
- AMD Turbo CORE technology dynamically adjusts performance to give you the best experience, no matter what you are doing
- Get Superior Performance At A Competitive Price With Unlocked Technology
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
It works better than multithreaded i5 for c# parfor.
Cons: Under load, the processor produces a ton of heat. Out of habit, I always close the door to my study and when I step out into the rest of the house, it is then I realize just how warm the room has gotten from having the computer running. I would say at least a good 5-7 degree difference.
When I overclocked it to 3.9ghz, it stayed on for a bit, but then shut itself off as the processor was getting way too hot. Cannot say if it was the liquid cooling or if the case was holding in too much heat. I am adding additional fans to help with the heat issue so you may need to do that as well depending on your case size.
Other Thoughts: The liquid cooling system did not easily fit into my new case. I cannot say for certain if it's the cooler or the case, but if you go with the Rosewill Redbone case, be prepared to make a small adjustment to get it to fit in correctly. You may also want to grab an extra fan while you're at it as it will help with heat dissipation.
3.9 / 5
Combine it with an ssd and you will get Windows 8 started in 12 seconds
make sure to read the instructions before mounting it if it is your first time building a pc
I'm a serious multitasker and this processor just won't give in even when i'm running Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Zune, and 10+ tabs in Google Crome
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got this on a deal around Christmas for $200 and I got the cpu and liquid cooling together in the package. Read morePublished on March 1, 2014 by Jameson Strong
Pro: Water cooling works great. Nice control program.
Cons: Waterblock has a weird tick when its running. Read more
Got this at a great price, installed it with ease.. no issues what so ever. The water cool keeps my processor cool even while gaming hard with fans set on low it doesnt go above 42... Read morePublished on December 7, 2013 by CHulk19
pros: the 8150 is awesome for the price
cons radiator to big to install in my atx case but if I had the space I would have used it