Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 528 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 561 reviews
on August 14, 2014
For this price this watch is fantastic. I knocked one star for not having instructions, but I figured it out. To open push in the top button. To set, gently pull out the wheel, the second hand stops, set the minute ahead of the real time, when the real time catches up to the watch push the wheel back in and the watch will start. So far it keeps good time. I dropped the watch on a cement floor and the back popped off. It kept on ticking. Now I know how to take the back off. Just take knife and and press against the back seam. Search youtube for take back off pocket watch for an example. The plastic spacer can be gently pried out with a small screw driver to access the battery. The battery is a 377A button cell which is a Very small battery.
on March 3, 2015
The watch is gorgeous, nicely balancing a vintage charm with modern day convenience. The picture is true to the product and my friend loved it. It seems to be of a good quality, and is solid in your hand.
review image
on October 18, 2016
I work in a coffee shop and we actually aren't allowed to wear wrist watches because of "bacteria" and I got tired of asking my coworkers the time (as did they I'm sure) so I ordered this.

Ioccasionally will use it when I go out but mostly I keep it in my apron while at work. It is a beautiful watch, I really don't know how else to describe it.

That design on the outer most ring is what surprised me most. I expected it to be flat and painted on or something but it's not, it's textured and adds to the beauty.

My only grievance is that the pin jeeping the cover on came loose and I lost it and have yet to get it fixed, but there's a place nearby that I can go so I'm not too worried.

Honestly, it's definitely worth the buy.
on December 16, 2012
I have been looking for a pocket watch that attracted me for a while now. This watch was just what I was looking for it has been a couple of weeks now since I received it in the mail and it has been working wonderfully.
on May 20, 2014
Cover face is very nice and detailed. However the entire casing is coated with a type of resin which I think gives it a rustic look and may also be a rust preventative. This resin was applied haphazardly on the smooth back of the watch. You can see the liquid streaked when hardened.
It seems to keep time well so far. But you can tell by moving the hands, it is a cheaply crafted watch. Might be okay as a youngsters birthday gift or a HS graduation present. But this is not something I would give my dad, grandfather or boss as a gift.
Again, it's an okay watch for the money. You can't find anything nicer looking at WalMart for the money. I tried.
on April 8, 2017
I really like this watch. For the price you cannot beat it. The solid cover is a plus because it helps protect the face from scratches. Having a solid cover has advantages over some of them that have the partially clear cover. Granted, some of the partially clear ones have the advantage of being able to see the time without opening it but you still run into the issue of scratches. A solid cover such as this one will keep the face looking like new for years to come.
on August 2, 2017
My 8-year old son has been wanting a pocket watch since he saw an old TV show where someone had one. He loved the idea of it and was using other things he found around the house to pretend they were his pocket watch. We had looked at some antique stores for one, but couldn't find just what he was looking for. I was skeptical ordering one from Amazon for this great price, thinking it would be cheaply made and would break right away, but we have been pleasantly surprised. We gave this to him for his First Communion Celebration and he absolutely loves it. He has had it for four months and it is working well and looks great! This makes a great gift for an adventurous and imaginative child or young teen.
on November 10, 2015
I bought this watch as a gift for a college age son. It arrived fairly quickly through the US mail. The watch appeared to be of very good quality especially for the price I paid. I think I paid around $8.00 and it appears comparable to like a $25 or a little more pocket watch. The design on the front is distinctive and detailed. The plated finish appears very good. It doesn't look like it will wear off easily. It came with a chain that appeared to be of good quality. The numbers on the dial are clear and easy to read. However, the one thing I didn't like about the watch is that the numbers start with the 12 near the push button. I thought it made more sense and easier to use if the 12 was moved 90 degrees to the left, So when you held the watch in your right hand and pushed the button to open the cover the face of the watch would be aligned to read properly. Instead you have to tip or rotate the watch to read it. I wondered if this was a manufacturing mistake - but I compare to other pocket watches and some are like this and some have the face rotated. I put far too much time in writing this review. But I thought I got a bargain and wondered if someone had an over stock of these and were dumping them at a cheap price. Conclusion - good watch to buy if you like the color and design and like the orientation of the face. Oh Yeah - my kid liked the watch. At least he said he did.
on January 6, 2016
I bought this for a Christmas present, and the intended recipient almost didn't get it because I liked it so much I wanted to keep it. It's a far nicer piece than I had hoped, considering the price. It appears to be solidly made and I like the old fashioned look of the clock face on the inside. The dragon and phoenix picture on the front has a lot of detail and design work. I would definitely recommend this for a gift or to treat yourself to a unique piece of jewelry.
on May 27, 2015
I was looking for a cheap pocket watch to use at the renaissance faire, so my goal was something that didn't look too modern or shiny. The watch is sturdy enough, though the bronze patina is starting to wear away around the edges after a weekend in a pocket. The center dragon emblem was a much brighter gold color, and was just a domed piece held on with double-sided tape to the main body of the watch - it peeled off with little effort, leaving a plain face underneath. It actually suits my needs better that way, but if that part of the design had been a selling point I would be sorely disappointed. That said, for the money it's a nice little watch (if a bit loud on the ticking), and it came in a nice box. I can't speak to the chain, as I haven't used it.