- File Size: 899 KB
- Print Length: 615 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Instinct Ink Books/Robert W. Walker (June 29, 2013)
- Publication Date: June 29, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00DPQ1MG2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,093,451 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
ANNIE'S WAR - Boxed Set of Trilogy: Love Amid the Ruins Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I began reading Annie's War; Love Amidst the Ruins, with book I and then book II, but by the time I was half way through book II, it had come out in the boxed set, which I proceeded to buy. I loved this series so much, I was compelled to gift it to my sister also. It is a brilliant, fictional account of the events surrounding the raid on Harper's Valley, Virginia, (later to become West Virginia) in 1859.
Robert Walker writes a vivid and captivating account of the men and women who lived and fought in Harper's Valley. His portrayal of John Brown is nothing less than brilliant, bringing to life, the heart, mind, soul, prejudices, genius, and madness of the man. But Mr. Walker does not stop there, he gives us a look into every aspect of both the abolitionist and the slave holder's mind, never missing a beat in his portrayals. As a reader, I was enthralled, captivated, and utterly mesmerized by this series. I would put it in the same category as North and South by John Jakes, Roots by Alex Haley, and Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, so gripping is the story.
I will be shocked if this series doesn't make it onto either the big screen or a made for TV mini-series. Equally I would be surprised if it does not go down in history along with other notable pieces of literature as a spellbinding account of the events and lives of this period of history.
I have read most of Robert Walker's books, always finding them to be fully worth reading, and in many instances multiple reads. I was entranced by his Children of Salem and enthralled by Titanic, Bismarck, as well as his books featuring forensic, physic, and detectives. But Annie's War; Love Amidst the Ruins, is by far one of the finest pieces of literature I have read.
I highly recommend this book.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical > Military
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult