|Item Weight||25 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||16 x 5.2 x 17.5 inches|
|Item model number||RO-90|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
APEC Water Systems RO-90 Ultimate Series Top Tier Supreme Certified High Output 90 GPD Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System, Chrome Faucet
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Enjoy unlimited ultra-fresh, clean, great tasting water right at home. Save money, time and hassle of buying costly, bottled water
- Designed, engineered and assembled in USA, RO-90 is the most durable system in the industry to guarantee water safety & your health
- Tested and certified by WQA to remove up to 99% of contaminants including arsenic, chlorine, lead, fluoride, heavy metals, bacteria, virus and 1000+ contaminants
- Large super capacity filters deliver 2X contaminant removing capacity for fewer filter change outs compared to smaller all-in-one filters that clog up quickly
- Comes with 100% lead-free designer faucet, plus FDA Certified JG Food grade tubing to provide safe, contamination-free pure water. The original, top-notch JG Quick Connect fittings for easy and secure leak-seal
- Simple and organized, RO-90 is designed to make identifying and replacing filters intuitive and easy
- Provides you the ultimate satisfaction and peace of mind with our lifetime support and 2 year manufacturer warranty with registration
|Save on AmazonBasics and SupplyMaster Safety Gear|
SupplyMaster Disposable Exam Nitrile Gloves, 400 pk $24.30
AmazonBasics Blue Light Blocking Safety Glasses, 12pk $54.99
AmazonBasics Noise Reduction Safety Earmuffs $11.99
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Super Capacity Filters
APEC super capacity filters last for up to 12 months with lower system maintenance and fewer filter change out.
Supreme Quality Designer Faucet
Our modern-design lead-free chrome finish faucet makes your counter-top look great with leak free experience.
Super Efficient APEC Carbon Blocks
Our double carbon blocks are uniquely designed in achieving the maximum possible chlorine & chemicals removal in drinking water. The extremely large carbon block surface maximizes contact time to guarantee water purity and multiplies lifetime of filters and membranes.
Superb Taste & Water Purity
APEC's premium quality products result in excellent refreshing taste and water purity.
Enjoy unlimited ultra-fresh, healthy, great tasting drinking water straight from your kitchen tap for cooking and making delicious coffee, tea & ice. Save money, time, and hassle of buying costly, bottled water and live healthier with ultra-safe water that is 99% contaminant free. This premium-grade RO-90 system has been tested and certified to the highest standard in the industry- WQA gold seal, to guarantee the highest contaminant removal rates, giving you the purest water possible. This stringent QC process eliminates even the slightest component imperfections to guarantee a system that removes up to 99% of all contaminants, such as chlorine, taste, odor, toxic fluoride, arsenic, lead, and chromium, and is completely free from water leaks, bursts and noises.
All US MADE super high capacity filters:
1st stage: High-grade & high-capacity polypropylene sediment filter - removes dust, particles, and rust. Protects and extends the life of the membrane and system.
2nd stage & 3rd stage: Premium extruded carbon block - gets rid of unpleasant chlorine, tastes, odors, cloudiness and colors. Also removes VOC and other common chemicals from the water.
4th stage: Industry's highest quality FILMTEC (DOW chemical) high rejection TFC reverse osmosis membrane. Removes up to 99% of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) and contaminants such as arsenic, lead, fluoride, chromium, radium, bacteria, viruses and much more.
5th stage: Advanced coconut shell refining carbon - Total Contamination Removal (TCR) filter removes any possible residual taste from the tank.
Showing 1-8 of 1,096 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Israel is an arid country which in recent years made a big transition to desalination. The national water company (called "Mekorot") is using >50% desalinated water from the Mediterranean Sea mixed with about 25% water taken from the Galilee sea (which is actually a fresh water lake) and the rest comes from mountain and coastal plain aquifer. Water then travels in the "national conduit" to various regions in Israel.
The water in Israel are heavily treated, mostly because the national conduit is an open system, i.e. water travel in big pipes that are open to air and elements (e.g. rain water), but also because aquifer can become polluted with industrial waster and fertilizers, so does the Galilee sea.
Also chlorine is added and recently fluoride as well. not to mention whatever is picked up from pipes until it reaches the kitchen tap.
Local mineral water companies (with strong brands) draw from fountains in mountainous areas and bottle onsite, but are exposed to the same contamination of aquifer. For instance, one very strong brand I examined had 3 times of what considered (in the U.S) the max safe concentration of nitrates.
I hope I'm successful so far at convincing you why water filtration is important in Israel.
Now comes the question, what are the options? for most people in Israel who don't want to research too much it's these:
1. water pitcher filters, like Brita
2. Tami4 - a water bar that combines carbon filter with UV lamp
3. bottled water, e.g. mineral water
4. there are some local vendors who install advanced water filtration systems like Everpure or some Reverse Osmosis systems
Next, why I think all of the above options are either not sufficient or cost effective
water pitcher filter - relatively cheap but only filters chlorine and stops some sediments like dust. you're still exposed to a lot of chemicals and heavy metals in the water
Water bar vendors - VERY high initial investment (~$1000) and high maintenance (~$150 year), not to mention if their equipment breaks you have to pay for repair. Also it's merely a carbon filter with a UV lamp, with some cold/hot function. I really don't think it's worth the money, especially since the UV lamp is there to kill the germs that grow in the machine itself. important to realize the due to the chlorine and UV treatment by the national water company, small chance of bacteria to survive in Israel's normal tap water.
Bottled mineral water - relatively expensive, need to carry from supermarket, or pay a monthly fee to the vendor to deliver to your house. Also not eco friendly (plastic), exposed to aquifer contamination (almost zero regulation and testing by government) and some say under heat conditions plastic can dissolve into the water.
But most importantly, from TDS meter readings I've made, tap water and mineral water have the same TDS levels, while unlikely that healthy mineral concentration (e.g. calcium, magnesium, potassium) is any different. In some brands mineral water TDS was even much higher than normal tap water.
Local Reverse Osmosis Vendors - at best they are importers who lock you in high maintenance fees. worst case they import cheap chinese systems. You pay a premium for them to import, install and maintain the system for you.
I chose APEC RO-90 after hours and hours of research. It's very important for me to say APEC did NOT ask me to write this review and I'm doing it because I think their product and service is amazing and I'd like to give back.
Even after shipping and Israeli customs fees, the RO-90 was cheaper and more cost effective than any of the alternatives I specified.
What I really like
1. packaging was excellent and the product is robust, The system was intact and I had no worry about that.
2. installation was very easy, everything just connects beautifully. I installed it in a few hours (I like to read the manual very thoroughly)
3. water tastes great, even my pregnant wife who is very sensitive to tastes said she liked it
4. TDS went down from 260ppm (tap water) to 15ppm (after RO-90 treatment)
5. the included tap is elegant and fits nicely on our kitchen counter
6. system is VERY quiet, can't hear it
7. customer service is really good, I already talked to them twice about questions I had, they respond really quickly and their reps are knowledgeable.
8. maintenance is cheap considering the other options, and I have full control over the process.
What I don't like
1. the installation guides needs to be more specific about first run - you shouldn't drink first 2-3 tanks, open the tap and let them drain.
2. the feed water adapter should come with more options, I had to buy 1/2'' to 3/8'' adapter to make it work with my pipes - cost me another $10
What still needs to be tested
1. my water bill, but I checked in my house water gauge that the system stops working once the tank is full, so I'm Ok for now.
2. TDS measures at 15-25ppm at the moment, customer service promised it will go down even further, although I'm fine with that level as well.
All in all, I'm am very happy with this product. water quality is excellent and it gives me peace of mind I've made a cost effective and healthy choice.
During my internet research on the long term health concerns of reverse osmosis water I've made some interesting discoveries. This is a long subject and I believe I researched it well enough to make an educated decision. I'm tempted to post my thoughts about it here but this review seems long as it is. perhaps some comments might convince me to update this review with some key learnings. For the time being I would like to say this:
Almost all resources you'll find on negative long term health effects of reverse osmosis water are based on the World Health Organization research from the 80's. That research had some notable flaws in it and it tends to dramatize concerns. I believe that for people living in western countries and use home reserve osmosis system most of those concerns are not relevant. Reverse osmosis water are safe to drink, especially if you consider the alternatives.
We installed this unit and had a arsenic and radon test done after the install. Our arsenic went from 0.020 to 0.0001. Well less than the 0.010 acceptable limit. Most impressive is the radon results, from 15,700 down to <200. The acceptable limit ranges from 2,000 to 10,000 depending on the state.
Because we have a well, we already have low water pressure (42psi), which is on the low side of what is recommended for this unit but acceptable we added the optional permeate pump so our ice maker would work. Our ice maker requires 20psi and as far as I can guess we were getting around 10-15psi. If you have a water filter on the ice maker you can require as much as 40psi unless you put a bypass on it.
After installing the permeate pump not only has our ice maker been working, filling cups/bottles from the RO faucet is much faster. You can order pump directly from Amazon and get it for 50% of the price with free shipping. Aquatec AQUATEC-ERP-1000 Permeate Pump It is the same pump they sell from their website, and you can get the directions for the installation by contacting them. The pump comes with instructions, but they are generic and not optimal. Without the pump, the 4 gallon tank will only fill up to 1.9 gallons, and the output water pressure is considerably less.
I was originally looking at the RO 50 unit but opt'd for the RO 90 as you can use the larger cartridges and won't have to replace them as often.
I am considering replacing the 4 gallon tank with the 14 gallon tank. This would give us a larger reserve and more pressure. With the pump though, we have a 3.1 gallon reserve instead of 1.9 gallon without it, so I don't think we will run out.