Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.99 shipping
API FILSTAR XP FILTER SIZE L Aquarium Canister Filter 1-Count Box
- Contains one (1) API FILSTAR XP FILTER SIZE L Aquarium Canister Filter 1-Count Box
- Provides very powerful filtration for crystal clear water and healthy environment.
- Designed with self-priming & quick disconnect features to allow safe and easy stop & start of the filtration when maintenance is needed, anti-airlock system to prevent unexpected filtration stops, and anti-noise feature to prevent vibration against cabinet/floor.
- Combines strong flow rates with large capacity for filtration media that removes compounds, colors and odors 3x more effectively than carbon alone.
- Allows the use of various filtration media available in the API range, and meets your specific freshwater and saltwater requirements.
Unlock 15% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The API FILSTAR xP is extremely powerful, unbelievably easy to use and maintain, and so silent it can be used in any room in the house. The API FILSTAR xP Canister Filter offers several set-up options, making it adaptable to fit your individual needs, and includes features that set it apart from all other canister filters: 1- Easy Start-Up – One-time, self-priming system primes in seconds, without hand pumping or manual siphoning, 2- Maximum Capacity with large baskets hold API highly efficient filter media products, 3- Unique Anti-Airlock System prevents overheating and eliminates the need for re-priming, 4- Bypass-Free Circulation ensure maintenance, 5- Long-Lasting, heavy-gauge construction stands up to the rigors of everyday use, 6- Easy Access gives immediate access to media baskets, impeller, and shaft, 7- Large Rubber Base keeps filter in place and completely dampens vibration. Various API media products are available enabling you to customize your filtration system to meet your own particular aquatic requirements. You’ll see the difference the Filstar XP’s advanced filtration system makes in creating a cleaner, healthier environment for your fish. Contents of the box: 1 API FILSTAR XP-L, 2 flexible tubes 59" (1,5m), 1 set of accessories (inlet and outlet tubes, gooseneck, suction cups), Illustrated instructions, 1 30ppi foam for removal of finer debris, 1 20ppi foam: Bio-Chem Stars for superior biological filtration. Grows massive colonies of beneficial nitrifying bacteria. Size 6: superior resins; activated carbon. Cleans & clears aquarium water, 1 microfiltration pad for ultra-fine filtration and polishing, 1 microfiltration pad, Specifications: Flow-rate: 350 U.S. GAL/h (1350 L/h) Aquarium volume: up to 175 U.S. GAL (660L) Canister volume: 2.4 U.S. GAL (9.1L) Waterflow with filtration media and accessories: 187 U.S. GAL/h (706 L/h) Number of filter baskets: 3 Power: 28W With API Aquarium products, it’s easy to keep a beautiful saltwater, freshwater or reef aquarium. For over 50 years, API has been creating innovative, research-driven solutions that make it easier to care for your fish and aquarium. API Aquarium Treatment Supplies are designed to work in conjunction with each other to provide best results to control algae, promote healthy bacterial growth and help control and cure fish diseases and conditions such as ich and fin rot. They work to provide a safe, hospitable environment for fish such as tropical community fish, cichlids, goldfish and more. With API, you can spend more time admiring your fish, and less time scrubbing your tank. Make sure to use all products as directed in order to ensure the best results.
MAKES WATER CLEAN AND CLEAR
- Uses BIO-CHEM ZORB® an exclusive research grade resin-carbon blend.
- BIO-CHEM ZORB® removes compounds that carbon alone cannot remove.
SELF PRIMING - EASY START-UP
- Primes in seconds with only a cupful of water.
- Does not require hand-pumping or manual siphoning to start.
- Patented anti-airlock system eliminates the need to re-prime.
QUICK DISCONNECT - EASY MAINTENANCE
- Centralized control of all functions to remove canister without losing prime.
- Self-locking water shutoff system prevents accidental flow during maintenance.
VERY QUIET & POWERFUL 3-STAGE FILTRATION
- Holds any combination of filtration media: mechanical, chemical and biological.
- Maximum capacity baskets. Each basket holds up to 4 different media pouches.
- Inner dividers allow maximum flexibility.
The superior design of the API FILSTAR XP makes it one of the most reliable canister filters. Its solid construction ensures a trouble free and quiet operation. Strong flow rates and superior filtration media provide optimal filtration results with very easy maintenance.
API FILSTAR XP comes with efficient media* for powerful 3-stage filtration:
- Step 1: Filtration pads of 20 ppi and 30 ppi remove debris (mechanical filtration)
- Step 2: API BIO-CHEM STARS quickly establish the biological filter. They provide 4 times more surface area than ceramic rings for massive bacterial colonization (biological filtration)
- Step 3: API BIO-CHEM ZORB makes water clean and clear. It removes colors and odors as well as compounds that carbon alone cannot remove
FILSTAR XP Sizes
|Filter Size||Aquarium Size||Flow-Rate |
(Gallons per hour)
|xP-S||Up to 45 U.S. GAL||250 U.S. GPH|
|xP-M||Up to 75 U.S. GAL||300 U.S. GPH|
|xP-L||Up to 175 U.S. GAL||350 U.S. GPH|
|xP-XL||Up to 265 U.S. GAL||450 U.S. GPH|
All API FILSTAR XP are guaranteed for 2 years.
Other Items To ConsiderAPI BIO-CHEM ZORB
- Makes water clean and clear.
- Removes colors and odors.
- Removes compounds that carbon alone cannot remove
Also available for API FILSTAR XP filters: NITRA ZORB, PHOS ZORB, ZEOLITE AMMONIA REMOVER and BIO-CHEM STARS.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
This item API FILSTAR XP FILTER SIZE L Aquarium Canister Filter 1-Count Box
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||13.5 x 9 x 18 in||13.5 x 9 x 15 in||8 x 10 x 19 in||13.5 x 9 x 12.75 in||7.28 x 11 x 14.57 in||11.02 x 14 x 18 in|
Top customer reviews
Update: I have had an XP-XL running on my 90 gallon tank for nearly 2 years, and after my Fluval FX6 on my 150 gallon crapped out on me I replaced it with an XP-L, in combo with a Marineland Emperor 400 + Hydro V sponge filter. The API Filstars are easy to use, easy to maintain and clean, plus they are quiet. Replacement parts are super easy to get and I have never had one of them fail on me. Love 'em!
Setup was simple, and I've cleaned out the filter twice since installing it in mid-October 2012 (about once per month). Turtles are quite dirty, so, for a filter to be able to go that long is quite amazing. (it's about time for me to do it again).
The process to clean is easy. I place a towel directly behind the unit just to catch any small drops that might drip from the hose connections as I disconnect. I've found that it's best to ensure that the lever is all the way closed and then slowly remove the hose assembly to ensure that extra water from the connection doesn't escape.
I then take the unit out back, rinse out the filters that I can, and replace the ones that need it, and then place all the trays back in. I place it back in its spot, plug in the hoses, open the lever, and wait a few minutes as it self-primes. I then plug it in and it's back in business.
I have been using store-bought generic filter/media so far. But, I figured I'd splurge at christmas and purchase some filters under the Rena brand to ensure that they fit properly/etc. All in all, this filter is allowing me to go a bit longer between cleanings, as well as enjoy a quiet tank with no loud noises.