Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
API Filstar XP-S Canister Filter
|Price:||$99.69 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Powerful, easy to use filter
- Silent operation
- Check product details for User guide
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
MAKES WATER CLEAN AND CLEAR
- Uses BIO-CHEM ZORB® an exclusive research grade resin-carbon blend.
- BIO-CHEM ZORB® removes compounds that carbon alone cannot remove.
SELF PRIMING - EASY START-UP
- Primes in seconds with only a cupful of water.
- Does not require hand-pumping or manual siphoning to start.
- Patented anti-airlock system eliminates the need to re-prime.
QUICK DISCONNECT - EASY MAINTENANCE
- Centralized control of all functions to remove canister without losing prime.
- Self-locking water shutoff system prevents accidental flow during maintenance.
VERY QUIET & POWERFUL 3-STAGE FILTRATION
- Holds any combination of filtration media: mechanical, chemical and biological.
- Maximum capacity baskets. Each basket holds up to 4 different media pouches.
- Inner dividers allow maximum flexibility.
The superior design of the API FILSTAR XP makes it one of the most reliable canister filters. Its solid construction ensures a trouble free and quiet operation. Strong flow rates and superior filtration media provide optimal filtration results with very easy maintenance.
API FILSTAR XP comes with efficient media* for powerful 3-stage filtration:
- Step 1: Filtration pads of 20 ppi and 30 ppi remove debris (mechanical filtration)
- Step 2: API BIO-CHEM STARS quickly establish the biological filter. They provide 4 times more surface area than ceramic rings for massive bacterial colonization (biological filtration)
- Step 3: API BIO-CHEM ZORB makes water clean and clear. It removes colors and odors as well as compounds that carbon alone cannot remove
FILSTAR XP Sizes
|Filter Size||Aquarium Size||Flow-Rate |
(Gallons per hour)
|xP-S||Up to 45 U.S. GAL||250 U.S. GPH|
|xP-M||Up to 75 U.S. GAL||300 U.S. GPH|
|xP-L||Up to 175 U.S. GAL||350 U.S. GPH|
|xP-XL||Up to 265 U.S. GAL||450 U.S. GPH|
All API FILSTAR XP are guaranteed for 2 years.
Other Items To ConsiderAPI BIO-CHEM ZORB
- Makes water clean and clear.
- Removes colors and odors.
- Removes compounds that carbon alone cannot remove
Also available for API FILSTAR XP filters: NITRA ZORB, PHOS ZORB, ZEOLITE AMMONIA REMOVER and BIO-CHEM STARS.
Top Customer Reviews
The only thing I'd warn against is don't cut the plastic tubes too short. Initially we cut them to suit our exact needs, but we later changed the height of our aquarium and for the new set-up the tubes were too short to reach the top. We didn't leave ourselves any extra, so don't make the same mistake we did.
I am leaving this review to give credit to a solid design that I could only assume API has continued. All of the API replacement parts that I have purchased have fit the older Rena Filstar like a glove and felt of the same quality as the original parts.
The reason i only gave it 4 stars is because it is supposed to come with all the supplies you need. while it did bring everything, it only had 5 bio-chem stars while in the manual it recommends 8+ and having a 37 gal tank, which is the same size as a 29 only a few inches taller, the input does not really reach the recommended 4" from the gravel. For now it doesn't seem like an issue so i will not be buying the extension kit.
On another note- SUPER QUIET
Most Recent Customer Reviews
API Filstar filter is The Best! When ever...we've needed a filter system..it's the brand we *Always Buy*.Published 15 days ago by maylon hanson
It works...I have the same leak that everyone else seems to have. It's from tension on the hoses - so pretty much it's built like all the other cheap Chinese crap. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Anthony Shepherd
I aim to purchase another of these because Ive used them in past aquariums ( salt and fresh) and they cannot be beat for ease of use (especially cleaning. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Pamela A. Lee
First one i bought ran 24/7 for about 3 years before starting to leak water where the power cord exits the pump head.Bought new unit that is working so far. Read morePublished 2 months ago by BOBERT J V
I love this pump. It exceeds my expectations. I will never go back to an over the tank filtration system.Published 4 months ago by Margie Miller
I had the leak at the back like a lot of other people. I repositioned the tubes to lower the stress on them and the leak was fixed! Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jacob L.
As someone who has never really gone filter hunting before, I'm new to all this and trying to do best by my aquatic friends. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Jordan
Ive had this filter for months now and it is absolutely the best filter ive used. My only regret is that I should of gotten the larger model.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
I've been running this for over seven years in a 29 gallon freshwater tank without any problems. No leaking (unless I don't check the seal before replacing the lid), plenty of... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Careful Reviewer