AR Navigation Supplies MBO-2 Rotating Mountain Bike Map Holder
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Height adjustable to three positions
- Bungee cord map attachment
- Simple & stable reading platform
- Size: 9" x 9". Weight: 8 oz
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I can tell you that the AR Nav Supplies map holder wins hands-down.
There are 3 things that make a great map board for adventure racing and orienteering.
1. Rotation. Rotation is important for mountain bike orienteering because it assists the racer in orienting the map in the direction that they need to go. This aids in route choice and helps when the navigation gets decently complex. An important thing to note is that the rotation needs to be fluid - since we are flying down hills and over rocks while navigating between checkpoints you can't have the map holder rotating too easily which would mess up the map's orientation. Out of the box the MBO-2 map holder has just the right amount of rotation. It doesn't rotate too quickly nor is it too sticky when you turn the board. It is just right.
2. Durability. As an adventure racer I've taken my bike into some pretty harrowing places. Just recently I was racing in Nevada at Lake Tahoe. As the team's navigator I made a horrible mistake and as I realized what I did my heart sunk. I turned to my teammate and said, "Well, how do you feel about bushwhacking with the bikes uphill?" and he said, "How much uphill?". I did a quick check of the map and said, "900 feet elevation gain". Suck.Read more ›
We also find ourselves using them when we are not racing and trying out a new park or territory. We put the park map on and just ride.
I also like the price.
The attachment portion kind of worried me when I read about it online, but it's a completely idiot-proof little buckle doo-hicky that even the mechanically challenged like moi can use with ease. Love it!
For me the size was perfect (9 inches), it doesn't difficult the road view during the ride. Was good on adventure competition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Use it everytime I ride my Day6 bike. Keeps map right where I can see it.Published 12 months ago by Gail&Gary Provencher
This is just what I have been looking for. Now I can ride and nav with both hands on the bar??
Great Device! Delievered and packaged well!
The map case works great. A few things to note:
Once secured, the map case will not vibrate loose if riding on mountain bike trails. Read more
Racing AR for the past three years, and watching my navigator struggle while trying to ride his bike at my pace AND read the map and eat has been comical to say the least. Read morePublished on October 29, 2009 by H. Curtner
The map holder is an essential part of any adventure racer's gear list. It allows your navigator to make quick reference decisions while continuing to move at high speeds. Read morePublished on October 29, 2009 by Michael C. Miller