Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.99 shipping
+ $5.54 shipping
ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/ Wi-Fi N600 Router - Retail Packaging - Black
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Charter, Bright House Networks and MOST Small Regional Cable Providers (NOT compatible with Verizon FiOS or AT&T U-verse). Requires CABLE Internet Service, if not sure your provider is CABLE call them to confirm
- Internet speeds based on your Cable providers service - up to 343 Mbps DOWNLOAD and 131 Mbps UPLOAD. 8 Download and 4 Upload Bonded Channels.
- N600 (N300 + N300) dual band WiFi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- BROWN BOX models NOT VALID for this item when sold as New, should report to Amazon immediately and RETURN to Seller
- 2-Year Limited Warranty with USA Technical Support
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Ultra-fast Internet and Wireless N at your fingertips – NEW lightning fast technology lets you surf up to 8x faster than traditional cable modems.
The Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem Gateway unleashes the next wave of broadband technology at exceptional speeds with high-performance Wireless N networking and a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet router. The SBG6580 is up to 8 times faster than DOCSIS® 2.0 broadband cable modems making it capable of reaching data rates up to 300 Mbps. That makes gaming, shopping, downloading, working, high-quality voice and video conferencing, and peer-to-peer networking applications — far more realistic, faster, and efficient than ever before. In addition to the lightning fast speeds, the SBG6580 includes an 802.11n wireless access point with dual band capabilities, as well as a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet router. The SBG6580 delivers your complete personal media experience, at lightning-fast broadband speed. So what are you waiting for?
Motorola SURFboard® eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem Gateway
Easy to Install, Activate, and Use – Includes a Wi-Fi Wizard and a Wi-Fi pairing button.
Delivers a realistic gaming experience wirelessly – watch as games come to life
Watch as games come to life.
- Capable of downloading up to 8000 times faster than 56k analog phone modems
- Capable of downloading up to 8 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 broadband cable modems
- DOCSIS® 3.0 Certified
- Enables a myriad of advanced multimedia services:
- - Access real-time online games; new heights in realism and speed - wirelessly
- Faster music downloads; one song or the entire album
- Share digital photos, home movies and other multimedia effortlessly over the Internet or over your Wi-Fi network
- Download high-definition movies to your PC or watch as streaming media
- Windows®, Macintosh®, and UNIX® compatible
- Supports Advanced Encryption Services for data, as activated by your operator
- Features a four-port 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Port for incredible wired network speeds: enjoy lag-free network gaming and faster file transfers
- Wireless N Networking with Dual Band Wi-Fi
- Intuitive, easy to read front panel operational status LEDs
- Use your current Internet Browser
- No additional software required
- Slim design saves desk space
- 1-year limited warranty
What’s in the Box
Inside the Box - Motorola SBG6580 SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem Gateway,Motorola’s Wi-Fi Wizard & Installation CD-ROM,Quick start guide,Ethernet cable,Power adapter and cord,Install sheet,Warranty card
From the Manufacturer
Since 1997, when the first SURFboard was launched in Retail, SURFboard modems have been amongst the leading modems in the market and saving consumers money on their monthly rental fees.
When you choose an ARRIS SURFboard, you’re joining a 60-year legacy of innovation from the company that invented digital TV and brought wireless Internet into the home with the first cable modem gateway. The same company that the world’s leading service providers choose to connect millions of people around the world to the Internet.
Harness the power of SURFboard and take control of your home network!
SURF with the original and save money!
High-speed Internet and Wi-Fi at your fingertips . The SURFboard SBG6580 Wi-Fi Cable Modem is 3 products in one device: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Dual-Band 802.11n Wi-Fi Access Point and 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Router. Capable of download speeds up to 343 Mbps and Wi-Fi speeds up to 300 Mbps per band, the SBG6580 is an affordable, complete solution for your home network. And with built-in security you never have to worry. Own yours today and save money on monthly rental fees.
Will SURFboard modems work with my cable operator?
They sure will. SURFboard cable modems are compatible with major US Cable Internet Providers like Xfinity by Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Brighthouse and many others. Don't see your provider listed here? Just give them a call to confirm.
- Download speeds up to 343 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem
- 8 download x 4 upload channels
- Dual-band 802.11 Wi-Fi
- 2 x 2 omni-directional antenna
- 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Router
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet browsing standards
|SBG6580 Wi-Fi Modem||SBG6700-AC Wi-Fi Modem||SBG6900-AC Wi-Fi Modem|
|Download Speed||343 Mbps||343 Mbps||686 Mbps|
|Gigabit Ethernet Ports||4||2||4|
|Wi-Fi||N300 dual-switched||AC1600 dual-band concurrent||AC1900 dual-band concurrent|
|Preset Wi-Fi Security||✓||✓||✓|
|Wireless Guest Access||✓||✓||✓|
|Energy Efficient Ethernet||✓||✓||✓|
|2 Year Limited Warranty||✓||✓||✓|
|Tech Support by ARRIS||✓||✓||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:43 Mins|
BIG PLUS to this unit: You do not have to buy a seperate WIRELESS N ROUTER which saves about $100 or so additional cost. Some have said they bought the lesser Motorola unit and then bought an extra Wireless N router. This seems like an unneccessary expense to me.
Things to know:
This modem will ONLY work for CABLE-delivered Internet such as Comcast Xfinity (tm) and some other ISP's using CABLE Internet signals. It will NOT work on AT&T UVerse network (because UVerse uses a hyped-up DSL technology)
1. Unbox unit
2. Connect AC Power Adapter to wall (recommend plugging into UPS power supply)- plug the other end into the back of this router.
3. Connect COAX cable from ISP wall plate to your modem. This is the same hexagonal cable connector type as used to connect to CABLE TV.
4. Grab the included cat 5e ETHERNET CABLE (looks similar to a telephone cable) and plug one end into your laptop or PC and one end into one of the 4 ethernet jacks on the back of the unit.
5. If you don't have an ETHERNET jack on your laptop or PC you'll be going wireless - run the included INSTALLATION CD and follow the directions.
6. Open your webrowser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc) and type in the modem address 192.168.100.1 then enter your username-- admin and password-- motorola and hit login button.
7. You'll be looking at a web-based SETUP SCREEN with TABS from left to right.
8. Click on FIREWALL tab, locate the IP FLOOD DETECTION checkbox and UNTICK IT (remove the checkmark) then click on the APPLY button.
9. Pick up phone and call your ISP.Read more ›
That said, the SBG6580 is a solid piece of kit.
This latest addition to the SURFboard line combines a DOCSIS 3 cable modem with a gigabit switch and a dual-antenna 802.11n wireless access point, providing all the networking equipment a home office needs in a single compact package... this amounts to a single point of failure, but that's par for the residential course. It can deliver 42 mbps downstream on a single channel (which my provider brands "Lightning") with support for eight bonded channels... meaning that when the day comes that ISPs start selling triple-digit speeds, this gateway won't need to be replaced.
Wi-Fi performance has been comparable to my old draft n router with similar range and throughput in a mixed mode environment. What sets the SBG6580 apart are its better indicator lights and superior configuration utility which offers some settings normally found only on enterprise-grade equipment. Those less inclined to tinker should know that push-button support is provided; once the cable guy finished with the wall outlet, setup took less than five minutes.
Finally, one word of caution: the SBG6580 needs airflow. I originally placed it flush against a similarly-sized backup hard drive on my desk and found the unit hot to the touch after a few hours. To avoid problems, do not block the vents.
*Short Version Guide:*
Go to 192.168.0.1, type in the username- admin and the password- motorola and look at the page that first appears (should be the Connection page). There should be three tables, look at the second one. Locate the Power column. If your power levels are negative, or if they're not within the range of -8dBmV and +8dBmV (meaning they are 9 or 10, or -9 or -10), you might have a problem. Now look at the third table and locate the power column. If your power levels are higher than 50dBmV, you might have a problem.
If it's not working well (meaning it works, but keeps disconnecting), it might look something like this- [Picture uploaded to costumer photos]
First thing you *should* do, although optional, is call Motorola support line. I've found them to have a great support line, and they'd be able to pinpoint the problem for you- their number is 1877-466-8646.
What they would probably tell you to do, and what you can do anyway if you don't want to call them, is to call your cable company support line. What you need is a technician to come over to your house and check all of your cable lines, to try and see why the power levels are bad, and the replace the cable or instrument that is malfunctioning (most likely not your modem, don't worry).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wanted this to work out but it didn't. Unfortunately our old Motorola Modem and Apple Extreme (older model) got zapped by lightning. Read morePublished 12 hours ago by J. Batte
I have only had it for 1 month so far it has been good. I like it does what I need I use wireless works great no problems. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Victor E Alvis
I bought last year for me house, the wireless 90% Not connected, to my laptop computer and my iphones Ipad etc I have to buy a wireless router, thanksPublished 2 days ago by Acuherb USA