Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on June 6, 2013
I use this to connect my laptop direct to our board so that I can trigger loops and control a click track with Ableton Live.

Previously, I had to use an audio interface to get signal from my laptop to the board. My signal chain here was laptop --> firewire cable --> firewire-audio interface --> 1/4 cable out --> DI box --> XLR cable --> snake. I also have to fiddle with audio routing since the computer requires manual rerouting to send audio through my firewire interface.

But with the AVDirect, my signal chain is much simpler, Laptop --> minijack to RCA cable --> AVDirect --> XLR, and I don't have to fiddle with audio routing on my laptop since the headphone jack is already the default setting. I can setup and confirm my signal chain in seconds, which is pretty sweet.

Sound quality is pretty good as far as I can tell, but then again, my loops are not exactly reference material for testing tonal fidelity.
on August 6, 2012
I bought one of these on the recommendation of a friend, and I'm very happy with it. It does a good job of connecting a PC to professional sound equipment, and has the added benefit of a knob that can be used to fade the PC audio in/out if the system's volume controls aren't in easy reach. It also comes in handy when playing split track sound tracks, because unlike a Y cable it correctly sums the two channels into a single output. This box is now part of the gear I carry when I don't know what I may be asked to connect to the sound system. This isn't the device you want if you need a stereo output, but it's great for mono systems.
on April 1, 2015
The AVDirect immediately warmed up the harsh and digital sound of my pc going into the sound board. It took out the ground hum and allowed me to roll off the high buzz. Also lets me boost the signal a little to keep the sound board from adding undesired noise by keeping the gain down to a reasonable level. Great job, ART!
on April 20, 2012
As someone who does A/V for a living for large scale conventions in hotels, this is one of the most versatile DAs I've come across. I've used it in a number of professional shows from using it for laptop audio to connecting a DVD player to my board (because in my experience sometimes audio from DVD players can be either really soft or really hot but this DA eliminated this variable). The independent volume control on the DA is a really nice feature.

I also use it at home for guitar recording and it's never disappointed. The audio from the DA has always been clean.

I highly recommend this DA.
on March 9, 2017
Used in a church setting to take an unbalanced connection to a balanced signal from a CD player to sound board,and computer to soundboard. Just an excellent inexpensive directbox that can be used for many applications-
on October 31, 2014
I bought this for our local community center when I volunteer as sound tech. We have struggled for years with people coming in with all sorts of different devices trying to put audio into our system. I finally convinced the powers that be that we need something like this, and it has solved all the problems. It gives a clear sound from everything we have connected so far, and I really like the volume control on the device. It makes it much easier to simply set a max volume at the board, then control the volume at the source when the presentation begins. A solidly built product that performs very well.
on July 28, 2014
I love this was recommended from a fellow audio engineer. Great for those times when you need a direct box/AV adapter with volume control right on it. (audio setups where users can't use a mixer, but an audio engineer isn't needed) great setup and walk away. Also nice where using a permanently installed system where a rack mount mixer is in a closet somewhere and a full blown kit isn't required, plug it in and set the volume.
on May 27, 2016
This direct box for AV equipment is awesome. I've used it with computers, phones, tablets and cd players, etc. Everything has worked with a nice clean signal. The gain knob on the box is nice to for fine tuning the gain stages. Its nice having a good clean signal from pretty much any consumer device. No more static infused weak signals.
on April 25, 2013
Not well versed in electronics, but from reviews and a utube demonstration I went ahead and bought this brand. It worked wonderfully for the purpose I got it for and I have been told by others who have just had an occasion to use it that it was easy to hook up to their ipad and worked great. I consider this a successful investment.
on May 14, 2017
Got it for my church music director says it works perfectly

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.