BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

ASICS Women's GEL-Evolution 6 Running Shoe,Graphite/Lightning/Storm,9.5 M
Size: 9.5 B(M) US|Color: Graphite/Lightning/Storm|Change

on April 6, 2011
Get them. Best running shoes yet. I tried on several running shoes in sneaker stores. The salespeople always try to sell me the Asics Kayanos (the most expensive Asics...but I feel uncomfortable the second I put Kayanos on) and stores don't all stock the Asics Evolution so I ordered it from amazon hoping I would love this model as I have loved my previous generations of the Asics Evolution. Its the best so far! The comfort of slippers and every part of my foot feels properly supported as opposed to other sneakers that feel like my foot only touches certain areas or overcorrects. I had chronic ankle soreness that I was learning to live with that disappeared within days of using my new evolutions.
on August 31, 2012
Although I have high arches, my foot is very flexible and overpronates. I need stability/motion control - same as a flat foot; however, my foot craves an appropriately high arch support. The shoes feel great now that I replaced the insoles with ones that supports high arches. The GelEvolution seems to provide a neutral gait - no wobbling and no inward roll. Normally wear a 9 M running shoe and ordered the usual size in this style. Admittedly, these aren't the most stylish shoes and they do nothing to minimize duck feet, but who cares when the shoes feel good?
on September 11, 2012
I really wanted to love these shoes. I had researched running shoes for people with extremely flat feet like mine and these kept coming up on the lists. Then I read one review that said they felt like "marshmallows on her feet" and I instantly purchased them.

Unfortunately, like others, I too feel like there is a metal rod rubbing hard against my arches and after just one 60-minute walk, my arches are one giant blister. I tried removing the insoles and replacing them with my semi-custom orthotics, but it did not help. The "rod" is something built into the shoe.

Attempting to return them now and will keep looking for the perfect shoe for women with completely flat feet and ankles that roll inward. =/
on June 14, 2012
This was a second choice purchase for me, after returning a more inexpensive (and much more cheaply made) pair of Ryka walking shoes. My hubby who runs (a lot) is a big Asics fan and convinced me that they are worth the money as they will last and his experience with Asics certainly bears that out. I don't run in these--I use them for mostly walking, but they are great for that and had no issues from the very first walk! They are very cushy, comfortable, and stable and I really like their subdued grey color compared to SOME fitness shoes! Would definitely purchase these again, but hopefully won't have to, for a while!
on October 1, 2011
The shoes seem comfortable walking a short distance. I really need to take my old shoes along with me to wear in Disneyworld, should these become uncomfortable after a few miles.

My tipoff that the shoes are not wide enough, right away: the shoelaces are too short for a wide shoe. I can barely tie a bow with the laces. I need longer shoelaces. I need wider shoes with appropriate shoelaces.

I have a high instep and need a very wide shoe. I love Brooks Ariel, but the new ones are a funny color, and I don't know if they would be the same shoe. I hope I am not sorry I bought a shoe without trying it first. The shoes had the build I need, since my feet tend to pronate. I need that inside arch to keep my feet stable.

I may come back and add to my review after our Disney trip with these shoes. Five miles of walking in a day is the best barometer for a shoe.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
I got these after researching many running websites. I have flat feet and these came recommended for a general fitness running. They fit nicely and are super comfy while running I can definitely feel the difference over my old ASIC's (which are worn out). My first couple of times running on them I went about 1/2 mile further than I normally go so the shoes and their comfort definitely made a difference! They worked my calves a bit more than my old shoes too :). They are a bit pricey but I buy running shoes every 18 to 24 months so they were a worthwhile expense. The only drawback to these is they only come in a very drab gray color. It would be nice to get these in black/pink or something less depressing looking.
on July 9, 2012
When I would exercise and go for runs, I would use an Adidas something or other shoe and my feet always felt cramped up and would hurt after only a mile or so. When my left foot started hurting real bad, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis. I looked up good shoes for this condition and found rave reviews about this shoe. I went to my local sports store and got fitted (turns out I have a WIDE foot as well) for these, came home and ordered them on Amazon, and couldn't be happier!!!!! These shoes are a dream come true. They are so lightweight and comfortable. My feet feel supported all the time and now I have no limits when I exercise. My feet are happy and haven't had any more problems since I've had them. Would highly recommend!
on November 26, 2012
I have extremely flat feet which translates into additonal ankle and knee problems so I have to wear my tennis shoes everyday. I have always purchased Brooks Ariels at a local sporting good store. The Brooks have always been a great shoe for me but wanted to find something a little more friendly on the pocket book. I found these shoes on the ASICS website that advertised as maximum support. I ordered a pair to give them a try. I just spent a 14 hour black friday shift on my feet and yeah, my legs got tired, but my feet were very comfortable all day. I would say that is a very good endorsement for the shoes comfort rating! Definately worth a try!
on May 8, 2013
Now that they are phasing out this nice, neutral grey I bought up what I could find in my size. They are great for travel - light weight and easy to pack in my carry on for such a bulky shoe. I remove the soles and put in my own orthotic soles and I am in heaven on my feet for hours a day. I am sorry I can now only get them in clown-like neon colors - these were neutral enough to wear discreetly with slacks or casual skirts.
on September 7, 2012
I am 51 years old and very flat footed with arthritis so shoe shopping is a task that I always hate to do so I went out on a limb for the first time ever and after reading as much as I could to find the proper and comfortable shoes for my feet I ordered a pair of the Asics evolution from amazon and I am so glad I did, from the minute I put them on they were the most comfortable shoes I have ever had on my feet, the stability control is amazing, no more ankle turning, they fit very good in the heel,I could walk for hours and my feet never hurt from them, they are a bit pricey but you defiantly get what you pay for. I will never buy another shoe but this one

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.