ASICS GEL-NOOSA TRI-8 Running Shoes - 15 - Green
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- I.G.S - ASICS Design Philosophy employs linked components that enhances the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off for improved running efficiency and an improved ride underfoot.
- Solyte Midsole Material - Proprietary cushioning material that provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability.
- Trusstic System - Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Dynamic DuoMax® - A multi-rigid shape to help with over-pronation which consists of two different density midsole materials and is designed to provide smooth overpronation control.
- ComforDry Sockliner - This insole provides the optimum cushioning performance system that creates cooler, drier and a healthier shoe environment.
The ASICS GEL-NOOSA TRI-8 Running Shoes features ASICS Design Philosophy which employs linked components that enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off for improved running efficiency and an improved ride underfoot while a Solyte Midsole Material provides a proprietary cushioning material that provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability. A Trusstic System reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe. The Dynamic Duomax features a multi-rigid shape to help with over-pronation and consists of two different density midsole materials to provide smooth overpronation control. A ComforDry Sockliner provides the optimum cushioning performance system that creates cooler, drier and a healthier shoe environment. A 3M Reflective material improves the footwear visibility when running in low-level lighting. A slip last gives you a lightweight and flexible feel while a propulsion plate in the sole provides superb stability in the forefoot and offers flexibility for additional comfort. A guidance line consists of vertical flex grooves that decouple the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency. AHAR+ is a thinner and lighter version of ASICS high abrasion rubber which is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to reduce excessive wear. Both Forefoot and Rearfoot GEL systems are also utilised in these shoes in order to give you the optimal shock absorption. GEL units are strategically placed in the midsole and are designed to enable specific functions and positions.
- ASIN: B00AHPLXP4
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 4, 2012
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Now, All my ASICS are size 12 and no matter what model they all fit the same. So these were a bit of a shock when they arrived.
My first impression was that they are a bit more shallow in the forefoot therefore making them much more of a "snug" fit and they don't seem to have the same length in the forefoot as all my other size 12s including my Tri 6 models. ( I think that my big toes would endure a fair bit of grief if I actually decided to do some big mileage in them.) The Tri 6 was made on the same last as the DS Trainer 16 -which was a combination last- but these appear to have been done on a slip last and this may be part is what's behind my perception of the 8s being noticeably different.
So I would suggest that if you are thinking of getting a pair of these you might want to consider going up a half or full size more than what you would normally buy. Apart from those two points I still think they are a great shoe but I just can't give them my usual 5 stars.
Now Having said all that, I do intend to buy another pair, especially in this colour, but I will step up one size to a 13 which will give me that little bit of extra length and comfort in the forefoot.