Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 122 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 148 reviews
on January 5, 2015
These things are awesome! They're on a new model number by now, so I'm tempted to lie and say they aren't like jogging (or vacuuming and washing dishes) on a cloud of pillows, so I can order more and hoard them for myself!
I usually wear the ASICS Gel Kayano, which are still my #1 favorites, but I wanted a pair or so of shoes I didn't feel bad using for non-jogging/running, and wanted to stay in the ASICS lines, since I have long narrow feet and this is one of the manufacturer's I can find sneakers that actually hug my feet. (I once had a different brand shoe fly off my foot and nearly bean a phys. ed. teacher...she ducked, but my life flashed in front of me.)
I was reading various reviews, and these were at a somewhat lower price since the next shoe models had come out, so I went for it, and I'm so glad I did! I can now run in a couple types of shoe, and while this really isn't a good area to go "cosmetic" in, I really love the pink and yellow on the subtle gray/white base colors this came in. I tire of endless blue shoes. But again, narrow feet.
I've never been in a dedicated running store, and my running is just to avoid couch potato-ism, so for serious runners, I can offer you nothing, except that these have been comfortable for me, and my ankles and knees don't seek to punish me after running in them.
on December 2, 2011
I've stuck with the Gel Nimbus for several years now, and Nimbus-13 once again fits the bill. I like a cushiony, neutral shoe and the Nimbus lets me run farther with fewer aches and pains than a lesser shoe. I also have high arches and narrow feet and this shoe works great for me.
on July 26, 2012
My old ASICS (also GEL-Nimbus 13's) had worn out and after I got the okay to start running again, I decided to buy another set of 13's, since the 14's lacked the asymmetrical lacing and were getting mixed reviews. This is my third pair of 13's, but my first pair of women's. The toe box is nice and roomy, which is a great change from most women's shoes.

I adore these shoes. The asymmetrical lacing is very comfortable for someone with high arches. I have a big bump on one foot from an injury and having the laces on top of it instead of to the side allows for better fit. They are neutrally cushioned, so DO NOT BUY IF YOU NEED A STABILITY SHOE. The muscles in your leg will start hurting after the first couple hours of use. If you tend to run on the outside of your foot, these shoes are for you. They help correct your stride. I run on the outsides of my feet due to an old injury, and have arthritis in said injury as well, and can easily run several miles comfortably with these shoes on (I'm 22 and a casual runner). It's like running on clouds. They aren't too heavy, and you can put them on right out of the box and run in them. They don't need to be broken in at all.

I got the Rock/White/Violet and I have to say, the color is wonderful. Normally ASICS is a year or two behind with the colors, but I'm a fan of this one. Feminine without being ridiculously girly or in-your-face about it.

The only other caution I give is that I am a distance runner, and do not sprint, so I have no idea if these shoes would be good for a sprinter or a mid-distance runner. However, anyone doing 3+ miles every time they head out will love these shoes.
on September 19, 2012
I have been wearing Asics Gel Nimbus for 4 years and buy a new pair about every 3 months. I order the shoes online from various websites including amazon several times. Never had a problem with this shoe, EVER, until now.
I always order an 8.5 in a normal width.
I did the same this time only this shoe feels so small, more narrow to be more specific. I am thinking they must be sized wrong. My feet got terrible blisters the first two weeks I tried to wear them and the balls of my feet fell asleep while I ran. For the record I have never received a blister from the Gel Nimbus before.
I was worried I made a mistake when I ordering them and even went on to look at my purchase.....however I did order an 8.5M.
Unfortunately I could no longer wear the shoes for running as they are just too small across the foot.
The box says nothing about the width and the size is correct on the box.
Now I am nervous to ever order another pair online as this was a waste of $90 plus dollars.
As far as ordering and the shipping and arrival I was quite pleased as I always am with everything I buy from Amazon.
on April 3, 2014
I have very "thin-soled" feet, and I like a lot of cushion in an athletic shoe.I had purchased a pair of these shoes a year ago from a store. I use them for walking, and they are simply the BEST walking shoe I've ever had. I also use them for training at the gym. When it came time to replace them, Asics had come out with a new version, which did not fit or feel the same. I took them back to the store twice, trying different sizes, and they still didn't feel right. Thank goodness I can still order them online! As soon as I put these on, they were great. I want to order several more pairs while I still can, so that I don't have to worry about walking shoes for a while.
on April 16, 2012
I read the reviews before purchasing this item and saw that many people wrote the exact same thing as i am writing now. Decided to still purchase b/c, afterall, how different can it be, and I've used Nimbus forever with great results. Well, A LOT different. The shoe is too narrow, and feels flimsy. Huge fail on quality from Nimbus 12. I returned them.
on October 3, 2012
When I purchased my first pair, they were on a sale table and felt good when I tried them on. Little did I know that my feet as well as my knees would stop hurting as I wore them! I saved them for walks with our dog until I realized that I needed them to teach first grade each day! Since I was using them almost daily, I decided that I should get another pair and save the first pair for walking. I have started "working out in the local gym and needed to leave a pair of shoes there so I searched for yet another pair. It was then that I discovered just what I had bought...and that Amazon was the best place to find them! I got a great shoe for a great price! It doesn't get much better than that!
on May 30, 2016
These are narrows that are actually narrow! Finally. But knowing the sizes run a little small, I went a half size up. I should've gone a full size up. But other than that, they are perfect. (They are a little smaller than I like but not so small that I can't wear them. I just like a little more toe room.)
on January 7, 2014
ASICS running shoes have been my favorite shoes for over 20 years now. I used to wear NIKE but they were too narrow and I got stress fractures in my foot. I'm not saying the Nike shoes cased this but I needed to switch to a wider shoe to give my feet more room to spread out during a run. I like the GEL Nimbus out of all the styles that ASICS has. I think all running shoes are way over priced though and it's a shame because they're mostly made in China and the companies probably pay a fraction of what they charge.
on January 30, 2013
I received this shoes two weeks out from my first ever 6km fun run. The transition to them was very easy, especially being a long time asics wearer. This is however the first time I have tried from the nimbus range and I Love them! They are a good solid supportive shoe. I sustained an injury to my right foot over five years ago that left me with a roll of my foot inwards. This shoe has significantly reduced this (I dont know how) and I no longer require my sports orthotics for extra support.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.