- Rubber sole
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response. Surface: Road. Differential: 10 mm. Heel/Toe: 21 mm/11 mm. Built for the low-mileage runner looking for a versatile, everyday shoe. Breathable mesh and synthetic upper materials. Laminate mid-foot cage provides structural support. Lace-up closure. Padded tongue and collar. Breathable fabric lining offers a great in-shoe feel. Ortholite® sockliner provides excellent underfoot support, comfort, and moisture management. AmpliFoam™ mid
- Please click here for more information about ASICS® Running Technology.
- The ASICS® GEL-Contend® 5 running shoe has the lightweight durability and superior traction to take your running workout to the next level.
- Predecessor: GEL-Contend 4.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation.
More Fashion Picks For You
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Go further than ever before with the women's GEL-CONTEND 5 running shoe by ASICS created to offer the energized cushioning and stability required to clock up those extra miles. The GEL-CONTEND 5 shoe offers a supportive fit thanks to an internal heel counter while rearfoot GEL technology and the AMPLIFOAM midsole ensure your feet remain cushioned and comfortable every step of the way.
A solid rubber outsole gives this shoe a high level of durability while the athletic mesh and removable ORTHOLITE sockliner help you stay fresher for longer as you take on new challenges. You can rest assured that the GEL-CONTEND 5 shoe will give you comfort and protection when you need it most. Weight: 8.12. Heel Height: 21mm. Forefoot Height: 11mm.
REARFOOT GEL TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEM
Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
Engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability ideal for natural running.
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 15 x 6 inches
- Item model number: 1012A234/231.020
- Date First Available: January 18, 2019
- ASIN: B07FSFD3H5
- Customer Reviews:
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wish I had bought my regular size 8 though because these don't fit small AT ALL. They fit normal. So these shoes, a size 8.5, fit just fine but I'd prefer a size 8, like I normally wear, so that they'd be a little bit more snug for running.
I haven't yet ran in them so I can't review the comfort or arch support. I just wanted to quickly review the fit. If you wear a 7, get a 7. If you wear an 8, get an 8. They fit FINE! Mine were bought from Shoebacca and came with a free pair of Asics socks, too!
Update: No blisters after many more miles. Shoe is great.