Spring Deals Automotive Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 30, 2014
I ordered the exact same model in the same size as the shoes I bought 5 years ago, but the pair is just not as comfortable as before. I decided to be patient in case the shoes required breaking in, but it doesn't seem to be working out. I have just purchased a new pair from another manufacturer that are more comfortable, and cost less.

This really disappointed me as I purchased the first pair 5 years ago, and continue to wear them now and then because they are so comfortable! Unfortunately they are looking a bit ragged, so I will have to let them go soon.

Go figure.
on January 4, 2013
I have been wearing Gel Kayanos for years - I don't even remember what I wore before I found them. I originally bought them for the extreme cushioning following foot surgery and continued to wear them for running and every day use. They have always been incredibly comfortable, and have great ankle support as well. So, when it was time to replace my 17s I was excited to see the 18s were available in pink/titanium. I read some reviews about this version of the shoe differing from older versions but I figured that Asics had never let me down so I ordered them. I wear a standard size 7 in street shoes (normal width, no foot problems) and always order a 7 1/2 in running shoes, including these Kayanos.

SO SAD! As soon as I put them on, these shoes felt "hard" - I've never had to break in Kayanos. I don't know what happened to the wonderful cushion that I so loved. They also felt quite tight across the widest part of my foot. Usually as soon as I put on a new pair all I want to do is go for a run - this time, all I wanted was to sit down. I wore them around the house - still uncomfortable. I rode my recumbent bike for 30 minutes and by minute 17 my toes were numb. I put them on again this morning for about 10 minutes while I did dishes and then took them off because the fronts of my feet were hurting. When I removed them, I also removed my sock and noticed red spots where the bones stick out where my foot is widest. Sadly, I just put in a request to return these - hopefully I can. I am so disappointed and have no idea where to even begin to find a new type of shoe.
on April 27, 2013
I have owned quite a few running shoes in my life, but these were the worst (especially considering the price). Support is poor at best. The mechanics of that shoes favor heel striking. Middle of the foot landing is horrendous: it feels like you are perpetually landing on storm drains. So shock absorption is bad. The outside of the soles indicated poor craftsmanship. Overall, I'd say I'd be better off running is dress shoes. Perhaps I got unlucky or perhaps this were knock off (still wondering about that: I had tried these a while at the running store, and none of the problems described came up). Returned shoes, would not recommend to anyone
on September 25, 2012
For months and months I have been buying and then returning shoes because they were not comfortable. I like to walk, and I also work a couple times a week at a place that has a cement floor. I have to walk on the cement floor for several hours at a time. One arch hurt terribly after I had walked or worked. I finally decided to pay a little more and buy these Asics Kayano 18 Running Shoes. Almost immediately, I experienced no pain in my arch and now, after a couple months of wearing these shoes, I don't even think about the pain I had. These shoes are extremely comfortable. The gel cushioning is what makes the difference. I am completely satisfied that I have finally found the right shoes.
on December 18, 2012
Asics are my go-to athletic shoes. I've tried Nikes, Mizunos, adidias for running- I always come back to Asics. I've even started buying their volleyball shoes for cross-training to help with the impact. I went to a few stores and tried on every single Asics i could get my hands on. Everytime i put this style on, it was superior to the other Asics, and any other brand by far. I ordered a whole size larger to make sure my toes dont rub and my feet dont feel the pressure. They are great - i run miles in them - for the road or the treadmill. I black and pink color are pretty great too, but my purple and gray ones get tons of compliments at the gym.
on February 21, 2013
My wife has narrow feet and is on her feet 12-13 hours/shift as an RN. She just loves these shoes but they are usually not reasonably priced and hard to find locally.

Pleased with the quality (brand spanking new), price and shipping.

Great shoe if they fit and they fit her like a dream!

I do recommend having three pairs of good sneakers at all times if you are on your feet for long shifts...wear one set each day and rotate them. Replace one of the three sets every six-12 months. That way the cushion has a chance to rebound between wearings and gives better support.
on August 8, 2013
As one of those odd people with high arches who overpronates (plus being considered a "large" runner because I weight more than 150, thought I'm not "fat" by any stretch of the imagination), it's really tough for me to find a good running shoe. This is my second pair of Kayanos--my first were the 16s. I liked the 16s okay, but after a few months I bought orthotics (Dr. Scholl's), because I wasn't getting the support I needed, and this helped. But, I'm a creature of habit, so when I needed a new shoe, I bought the 18s. Because I suffer from shin-splints, I did my research and everyone says that the Kayanos are the best for overpronators.

I've only just broken them in--maybe about 60 miles, so far. I'm not an extreme runner--I run about 20-30 miles a week, ideally, when I'm being good. I'm in training for a half, so I'm running in these shoes fairly regularly. Unfortunately, these shoes are not helping my poor shins (and believe me, I stretch and stretch and do everything necessary to avoid them, over and above obsessively researching running shoes). (Other details: I generally run on a rubberized track.) I will probably buy orthotics again very soon to try and help a bit, because I can't afford to buy a new pair of shoes quite yet.

I'm not saying they aren't good shoes, and that they might not work for other people--maybe even most, but maybe, if you have my specifics: high arches, overpronator, and you are "large," these might not be the best of the best for you. I'm going to try the Brooks Trance 12, next, probably in a month or so, to break them in for my half. I'm hoping they are the answer to curing my cursed shin splints!
on July 8, 2016
I love the way these Asics Dumamics fit. It is the perfect fit for me. I have a very difficult time finding a size 5 to fit my feet. One centimeter larger and it does not work for me in women's size. Children's shoes do not work for me either. I am so pleased with this fit.
However, I am not able to run in these shoes. It is not the correct support for my running style. I will wear these Dynamics shoes on the days that I do not run, but choose to walk. I will keep my shoes for their style and walking conditions. I'm sure some women will find these shoes fine for her running style.
on January 2, 2013
The reviews are so mixed it was hard to judge. Sadly, with running shoes it's one of those things that you really have to have them on your feet to see how they measure up. These are different from the Kayano 17s. I can't fully explain why but I love my 17s and these seem to push on my arches more, causing sore feet (not causing my ankles to roll inward just causing discomfort). The toe box is also slightly smaller (although I'm willing to concede that it could just be that my 17s are more broken in). Sadly, I think my love affair with the kayano shoe is over.
on July 3, 2013
Just recovering from a ruptured plantar fascia and can't tell you how tough it's been to find a shoe that is supportive and comfortable. I wear these nearly non-stop as they are really helping my recovery while allowing me to exercise. It's the worst part of an injury-you put on some weight because of limited mobility and the weight impedes recovery! I know I'll order another pair to keep for just "in the house" wear so I can get stronger faster. An added bonus is that they're really cute.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.