|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$59.95 - $178.95 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 2.75" from arch
- Pronation is how a runner's foot rolls medially between footfall and toe-off. Underpronation is when the foot rolls outwards, overpronation is when it rolls inwards, and a neutral pattern is when little rolling occurs
- Provides excellent support for mild to moderate overpronators
- Rearfoot and forefoot GEL cushioning DuoMax support
Customers who bought this item also bought
The fourth version of the gt-1000 is updated with a fresh new upper built with engineered mesh and minimal yet supportive overlay reinforcements. The bouncy speva midsole has been engineered to be provide a smooth and cushioned ride, while the duomax support system and guidance trusstic system provide excellent support for mild to moderate over pronators.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00Q2JBYVM
- Item model number: GT-1000 4-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 17, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
I run but 3 times a week, putting on 40-45 miles per week. The Asics GT 1000 4 (and 3 and 2 and 1) have provided the support and cushion I've needed without being unbearably heavy. Frankly, for running half or full marathons, I'm a bit leery especially about losing cushion for the sake of a few extra ounces.
The GT 1000 4 won't last forever, but it'll give you good runs for your money for 3-4 months at a time.
Btw, I would not recommend these for non-running (e.g., walking, standing, yardwork) exercises. Though the last is not super-narrow, it still has a running last - this shoe is meant for running, and that's just what they'll do, one of these days this shoe (...oops. sorry).
Most recent customer reviews
Absolutely Fantastic Product!Read more
On this pair, the ankle support is a little weak. I don't feel my feet real tight in them.Read more