Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 31, 2012
The older 160-TR were rated really high by Consumer Reports so I thought I would try these since the older ones don't come in my size. The size selection was great, they even had my Extra Wide I needed. I got them and tried them on. They fit alright but the arch support felt weird and I thought maybe I was just used to my old shoes which probably had no more support left in them. The shoe does have great cushion and feeels fairly sturdy. I mostly do weight training and some cardio so I thought I would try them out. After the first workout I was about to return them, my feet were sore and after running about 2 miles in them I almost got a blister were the insert meets the side of the shoe. I kept with them for a week and they finally started to fit alright and my feet aren't sore anymore. I realize they aren't running shoes but I feel you should be able to do a couple miles in them. This is the third pair of asics I've owned and the second I felt wasn't a good fit for me. The first pair I had was amazing straight out of the box(didn't last long though). The second pair was an absolute horrible fit but I think it was just a bad size for me(ended up going with New Balance). This pair will do alright for the weight training but I might consider a different shoe for doing cardio(I just don't fel like returning them and there's bike grease on them. I don't think I will go with asics again because I feel they just don't fit me well. On the other hand Every New Balance shoe I ever owned fit perfectly the first day I put them on and I've always been able to find my fit. Also my last pair of NB shoes are still amazing I just feel I've gone way over the mileage on them.
on November 1, 2013
This is my 1st pair of ASICS after wearing dozens of New Balance for years.
New Balance quality has declined in the shoes I have worn in the last three years.

This ASICS model is a solid shoe with good construction. The shoe says it was made in Vietnam.
I walk on concrete and asphalt anywhere from 2-5 miles every day of the week plus additional wear indoors.
After 45 days, they are noticeably worn, but that is to be expected.
No material is worn through, no seams have split, and the outer sole has not separated at all.
The insole is still attached, has not frayed or worn through, and still maintains a bit of cushion.
I keep the shoes clean and have applied leather protectant once when new and two other times after thorough cleaning. None of the leather has split, though there are stress cracks (to be expected) where the shoe flexes.

I also like the look: they have some style, but are conservative enough that I can wear them to work on the right day.

This shoe has reasonable support, but I am not sure if it would be ideal for anyone who needs a lot of arch support. I am not sore or in pain after walking on these. I will reorder these or similar ASICS for my next pair.
on March 3, 2014
These are good, comfortable shoes, but from early one wearing them, the toe guard has started peeling away. I need to glue them back or something because they look silly with flaps coming off the front, but otherwise I don't have a complaint. I'd consider buying Asics again, but I'd watch out for the toe issue or signs of other build problems.
Asics and NB are my two go-to brand for athletic shoes. Their wide array of 4E selection is what keeps me a loyal customer. For the price paid these are excellent value shoes. They're training shoes, so while you can run in them, I wouldn't do your daily mileage and would probably stick with running specific shoes. These were intended to be used for training around the gym. I plan on using them for everything short of running, including weights, stairs, inclined walks on the treadmill, etc. Worth the $60 IMO
on June 19, 2013
Nice wide support under balls of feet and heels for extra balance for plyometric or weight training sessions. Lots of cushion under the entire foot for comfort. Wasn't too excited about the mesh at first, but after wearing them the first time, the cooling effect from the air flow in the mesh was welcomed. I put these on, pushed play on P90X2 Plyocide and haven't looked back. Great comfort and support.
on May 14, 2013
With all of the "wide shoe makers" redesigning their athletic shoes to reflect the current "minimalist" footwear trend, I have had a hard time finding any shoe still wide enough to fit my very wide foot with any degree of comfort. In the past, almost any 4EE shoe made by either Asics or New Balance would suffice--not so any longer. However, these shoes, while not as wide as recent Asics 4EEs such as the Cumulus Gel, still fit the bill after a little breaking in, and are reasonably comfortable right out of the box. Despite the complaints of some others about not lasting, mine seem to be wearing well. I would definitely buy these again.
on October 6, 2012
Comfortable. Well fitting shoe(for me), enjoy walking around in these, like walking on air, but stylewise, it gets a knock from me...the back heel has a rubber strip that is inset into the heel...bad idea as mine came to me with these rubber insets coming off...I had to super glue them back on shoe goop. Also the spots on the inset of the shoes looks like an after thought...in conclusion, good shoe for walking around and everyday use, solid enough to use for gym workouts but I have a pair of Nike's that I use for style statement on the night out or to wear for casual dress at work...these are not for that use, But I reccomend for the former reasons I listed above.
on March 1, 2014
I bought the shoes to deal with my foot size (very wide) and the need for comfort walking and exercising on concrete surfaces. The shoe has been very stable, and has provided me with the support I expected. I have owned a pair of Asics tr130's for years, went away to New Balance and realized every time I would begin to wear the Asics again even before I wore out the New Balance. These are great shoes for general wear, exercise, and middle distance walking.
on June 4, 2012
I got these shoes to be general-purpose shoes. I umpire netball and intended to wear them for that, but also cycling and general getting around (I have very few pairs of shoes.)

On the whole, I'm very happy. I was instantly more agile and putting less strain on my body. I've worn them a lot now and they are comfortable and good.

The only problem has been that they have a low arch - this isn't quite right for my foot, which is a minor nuisance.
on October 6, 2012
I have been an ASICS fan for many years now, and these may be the best pair I have ever owned. It did take me a couple weeks to decide whether or not I liked the arch support in these shoes though, but just because they are noticeable doesnt mean they are bad. I had been wearing a pair of Nikes that I had received as a gift before I bought these shoes, and my feet were killing me after a three mile walk. After a weeks rest, and wearing these ASICS there has been no more foot pain in over a month! Great shoes at a great price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.